Eagle 20 application rate

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Myclobutanil, the active ingredient in Eagle20, when its combusted, turns into cyanide. Thats why cigarettes are claimed to have cyanide in it, unregulated myclo use. If anyone doesn't believe me look it up. I don't know about you guys, but I personally don't like consuming poison. And anyone who says it passes testing if you spray before flower, hasn't been tested on a regular basis. At the end of the day, this thread was from 2012, when many ppl were ignorantly bliss to harsh fungicide and pesticide spraying. Now a days there are so many great alternatives, there is no excuse for using ornamental only sprays on a plant that will be ultimately consumed. Just had to put this here, seeing these threads popping back up in popularity makes my stomach turn.

O

Oly Grow

Myclobutanil, the active ingredient in Eagle20, when its combusted, turns into cyanide. Thats why cigarettes are claimed to have cyanide in it, unregulated myclo use. If anyone doesn't believe me look it up. I don't know about you guys, but I personally don't like consuming poison. And anyone who says it passes testing if you spray before flower, hasn't been tested on a regular basis. At the end of the day, this thread was from 2012, when many ppl were ignorantly bliss to harsh fungicide and pesticide spraying. Now a days there are so many great alternatives, there is no excuse for using ornamental only sprays on a plant that will be ultimately consumed. Just had to put this here, seeing these threads popping back up in popularity makes my stomach turn.

Thanks Mirror Zen. I am currently using nuke em and trying to develop my own citrus based killer. I have been using bleach as a spray on the room in finish and a fogger as well. Still getting it so I am giving up on low temp indoor and keeping it betweebn 72 lights off and 80 on. Humidity 60 in veg and 50 or lower in flower.

I like to compost my root balls but I think I am breeding pm soil and wondered if you know of a way to soil drench for planting in order to sterilize soil. Any Toughts would be great and thanks for the response because your response has always been my response.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Thanks Mirror Zen. I am currently using nuke em and trying to develop my own citrus based killer. I have been using bleach as a spray on the room in finish and a fogger as well. Still getting it so I am giving up on low temp indoor and keeping it betweebn 72 lights off and 80 on. Humidity 60 in veg and 50 or lower in flower.

I like to compost my root balls but I think I am breeding pm soil and wondered if you know of a way to soil drench for planting in order to sterilize soil. Any Toughts would be great and thanks for the response because your response has always been my response.
I have never needed to sterilize the medium. Are you sure it's not just fungus or mycelium, gives a white furry layer on your soil. It's a good thing. Never heard of pm in soil, not sure if it's possible. But if you are that concerned, hydrogen peroxide and water will kill pathogens, diseases, bacteria good and bad. Just don't over do it.

O

Oly Grow

Nothing on the soil just wondered if this was being brought in by soil.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I've had to use it once in early veg. Be cautious with that stuff. Get all foliage good, get some more air flow going

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Hmm its 3.5% citric acid must be something else in it??

K

kitharbinger

What are you guys using as an application rate and how many times are you spraying?

I used it and noticed it being harsh on some OGs I have....hardier strains went almost unaffected.

Are you aware that the active ingredient in Eagle 20 is now implicated in the vaping deaths?

K

kitharbinger

Mississippi Hip most folks that use Eagle 2o on Cannabis mix it at a rate for food crops like grapes
The 2 ml per gallon dilution ratio is for food crops

Dow Chemical manufactures Eagle 20 so there is no application rate for Cannabis.

When using pesticides/fungicides on Cannabis it is usually best to use application rates for fruits and veggies....
Always read and follow all the directions including the PPE information and Environmental Hazards......
View attachment 258138

It's advisable to use caution when mixing and applying chemicals like Eagle 20,Banner Max,etc..........

It's one thing to eat a little bit of mycobutanil, it's completely another thing to smoke it. Your lungs take things right to the bloodstream. This stuff is now a major suspect in the current wave of vaping deaths. IT IS NOT LEGAL OR MORAL to use it at all. Here is what dow has to say:

Eagle 20’s manufacturer Dow AgroSciences claims its fungicide is safe to use on food, but explicitly says it shouldn’t be applied to cannabis.
“Dow AgroSciences, without exception, will not seek regulatory approvals or support the use of its products on marijuana. Eagle 20 is not approved for use nor should it be used under any circumstances on marijuana,” the company said in a statement.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Well, if it’s as bad as they say everyone on the first page of this thread must be dead by now. 💁‍♀️

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

A
It's one thing to eat a little bit of mycobutanil, it's completely another thing to smoke it. Your lungs take things right to the bloodstream. This stuff is now a major suspect in the current wave of vaping deaths. IT IS NOT LEGAL OR MORAL to use it at all. Here is what dow has to say:

Eagle 20’s manufacturer Dow AgroSciences claims its fungicide is safe to use on food, but explicitly says it shouldn’t be applied to cannabis.
“Dow AgroSciences, without exception, will not seek regulatory approvals or support the use of its products on marijuana. Eagle 20 is not approved for use nor should it be used under any circumstances on marijuana,” the company said in a statement.
Actually the cdc and mayo clinics results are still up in the air of a possible cause.

They really dont have enough vape pens with any usable amt of vape liquid left in it for testing

Vitamin E
Myclobutinal (hydrogen cyanide when vaped)
Bad vape carts leaking chems or heavy metals
And a slew of other issues they are still trying to pinpoint down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom