Early signs of botrytis? Would love some experienced eyes.

• Thread starter Reinbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Reinbag

So. If I understand everything correctly, one could wash buds in a high percentage mixture of H2O2 and that would at least eliminate spores of botrytis? But people don't do it because it might rot the plant anyway, due to oxidation and death of living cells.

Just making sure I follow.

And bud rot would be plain to see on any of the herb I'm drying right now? Or would be over the coming days.

Again, I'm pretty novice and this is the first time I've dealt with any botrytis.

Madbud

Madbud

I find any bud rot on the living plant, yellowed sugar leaves that pull easy, brown spots. After drying watch for aspergillis, cotton ball mold, develops if its jarred too soon.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So. If I understand everything correctly, one could wash buds in a high percentage mixture of H2O2 and that would at least eliminate spores of botrytis? But people don't do it because it might rot the plant anyway, due to oxidation and death of living cells.

Just making sure I follow.

And bud rot would be plain to see on any of the herb I'm drying right now? Or would be over the coming days.

Again, I'm pretty novice and this is the first time I've dealt with any botrytis.

Bud rot is usually seen on living plant tissue. There's nothing you can do to fix necrotic tissue. It's dead. That's what bud rot does ... it eats the plant. However where bud rot differs from powdery mildew is if you can catch it early and cut off the infected bud and the buds surrounding it, there's a good chance you'll still have some good buds to harvest. Throw away anything that is even questionable. Just be super diligent when you harvest.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Yes, it's because when you see/notice it first it's already in its final development stage and realistically it's already expanded into the nearest tissue already, so you gotta get rid of this, and be ultra precautious of sterility while doing so.

It usually starts at dead tissue, but once germinated, can enter & poison living plant structures, and turn it into goo. The mycotoxins are very health dangerous for us as they do not get destroyed by even the fire.

R

Reinbag

Yes, it's because when you see/notice it first it's already in its final development stage and realistically it's already expanded into the nearest tissue already, so you gotta get rid of this, and be ultra precautious of sterility while doing so.

It usually starts at dead tissue, but once germinated, can enter & poison living plant structures, and turn it into goo. The mycotoxins are very health dangerous for us as they do not get destroyed by even the fire.
Gotcha. But I'm still wondering if bud that i dry would contain those toxins even if they're is no visible mold at the end of drying?

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Gotcha. But I'm still wondering if bud that i dry would contain those toxins even if they're is no visible mold at the end of drying?
that could be. to counter this you remove more budsites around the infectious site

Madbud

Madbud

If you break up moldy dried buds under a desklamp, spores will float around in the air.

Top Bottom