Early Start??

• Thread starter Boywonder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boywonder

My friend has done a few plants in his garden and greenhouse over the years, but they never seem to finish properly due to weather. So, I thought what if: He started them off indoors, to about 8", and then got them outside as early as poss. Then around beginning of July, cut the daylight to 12/12 by covering them from 8pm-8am.

If anyone can tell me why this would or wouldnt work, or give any help or suggestions it would be much apprecited.

Cheers:)

S

Shaggy

My friend has done a few plants in his garden and greenhouse over the years, but they never seem to finish properly due to weather. So, I thought what if: He started them off indoors, to about 8", and then got them outside as early as poss. Then around beginning of July, cut the daylight to 12/12 by covering them from 8pm-8am.

If anyone can tell me why this would or wouldnt work, or give any help or suggestions it would be much apprecited.

Cheers:)

That will work fine... Did it myself this year with my upside down girl...I stuck her in a barrel from 7pm till 7 am

M

moggggys

out early means really big ass plants and hard to cover , the prob really is strain choice , you need plants that either autoflower or are photoreceptive or real fast finishers , a few examples are

gurillas gold . finish aug-sep , autoflowers
lebanese , photoreceptive so trigger to flower real quick , done end sept
fast blast , VERY bloody quick to flower , done by mid to late oct
mighty mite , hell it does its own thing , half done by mid aug , the rest late sept

lowryders give multi crops therefore making up for lack of yeild , also a major concideration for you

D

Dogstar

I haven't tried this, but have read that if you veg a sativa under 24 hours then put it out about 2 weeks after June 21st it will start to flower immediately, finishing in Sept. I'm going to try this next year.

Also, all of my outdoor strains in pots are flowering about 10 days/2 weeks earlier than the ones in the ground.

The big problem with covering is humidity, I wouldn't like to cover soaking wet plants (even if you had ventilation it would be a massive problem in a year like this one).

S

Shaggy

You only need to cover them to get them started... so it's only small buds... once the light gets to natural flowering time you can stop and let them finish by themselves...
It's just to give them a head start.... the begining of July is a little early around here.
If I did that my plant would be around 7 weeks into flower before I could stop covering it..
I used a large cardboard barrel to cover mine ...it absorbs humidity... and it's a light colour to reflect any heat... I also had to make sure the barrel and plant were in the shade for "Lights off" time so it didn't get turned into an oven

Top Bottom