Earth Juice For Outdoor Tree Farming?

• Thread starter tj Wise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tj Wise

tj Wise

This is my third year outdoors, and I've got a bit more confidence... thinking of trying organic. So far I read EJ is effective and reasonably priced. I'd like to find a program that's laid out clearly. I found this for EJ:

Is there a better line? Easier to do, cost effective, etc? I'm growing in a decent compost mix with a bit of pumice etc so it will drain well, in 100 gallon soil bags. Please post links or books, I like reading. The thing is, though, even after i stuff 999 details into my head, I'm still usually looking at a gap between that and knowing exactly what to do.

Also, what tools do I need -- such as a 20$ or a120$ PPM meter? And for a pH meter? Etc?

Blaze

Blaze

EJ seems to work pretty well and is fairly priced. A lot of people like the Age Old too, though they are no certified organic because they do add some inorganic elements into their mixes.

For outdoor organics you might look into top dressing and brewing compost teas as well. It can be a bit more to wrap your head around at first, especially brewing tea, but it is actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. It is also by far the most cost effective style of growing outside (liquid organic nutrients are very expensive for what they are).

Advanced Nutrients is the biggest rip off on the planet, don't ever buy anything from that company. They charge 5 times as much for products that are not unique or special in any way, and that are no more effective than anything else on the market.

tj Wise

tj Wise

I will definately look into composted tea. I've got about a yard of aged kitchen compost laying around, egg shells coffee grounds veggie trimmings, leaves, etc. For this summer, I think my purchased compost will need something like EJ to get the party started. After harvest, my 16 100-gallon bags should be "an investment" that I can build on -- teas for next year. Am I right?

H

hawkman

I will definately look into composted tea. I've got about a yard of aged kitchen compost laying around, egg shells coffee grounds veggie trimmings, leaves, etc. For this summer, I think my purchased compost will need something like EJ to get the party started. After harvest, my 16 100-gallon bags should be "an investment" that I can build on -- teas for next year. Am I right?
Extreme Gardening.com - great organic tea's - have sample pack's $15.00

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
This is my third year outdoors, and I've got a bit more confidence... thinking of trying organic. So far I read EJ is effective and reasonably priced. I'd like to find a program that's laid out clearly.

I follow the earth juice advanced plus nutrient chart for my feedings.
Seems to be working out well.
Screenshot 20160317 003719

The biggest difference was noticed once I got a bubbler setup to aerate the nutrients. Plants have been going crazy for it.

I don't even need to Ph it anymore.
The bubbling allows the microbes to populate the nutes and regulate the ph right where it needs to be.

I have fed my lady nutes on the lightest feed schedule the last 6 waterings in a row with no burns or deficiencies.

I would recommended them to others due to their low cost, ease of use, hard to burn nature & easy ph buffering by bubblin.

You could buy their whole lineup cheaper than many other big names. Whilst still being just as effective or more.

tifosi

tifosi

MrBs green trees works well for outdoor growing,the organic line allows you to pull and replant without worrying about salt build up.It can be mixed with water or top dressed and watered in.

20170112 122331
Top Bottom