Earth Juice You To !!!first Run!!!

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Yes you'll have to either let your water sit or aerate it for 24hrs. Another option is buying a carbon filter for your hose so you have acess to immediate chlorine free water when ever you need it.

I'd imagine the EJ catalyst can be used in place of molasses although I'd still reccomend the molasses personally.

justiceman

justiceman

It does, and a few other good additives as well.

My concern is its acidity as I have no clue whether that affects the microbes in the EWC or not since they wont be protected by the ph buffer and vast microbiology of the soil medium.

Based off that I can't reccomend it in good conscience for an EWC tea as I havnt tried it myself however that's not to stop you. It may very well be perfectly fine as a molasses alternative.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

was talking with @rmoltis about putting ewc in with the ej batch as it bubbled

justiceman

justiceman

If I had ewc I would either add it to a strainer bag and hang it in the solution.
They would be a great source of microbes.

That's what I've read anyways. But then the remains I would recycle back into the soil.

Earth worm castings have always been on my list of things to get.

Irietime

Irietime

so been wondering about the chlorine in my tap water will that kill the micro in the nute thinking I might need to let the tap water set for a hour or 2 before adding nutes
When I made my ewc tea I used tap water and let it sit for 24hours to let the chlorine evaporate before bubbling. Might have been a bit extreme

Freshone

Freshone

so been wondering about the chlorine in my tap water will that kill the micro in the nute thinking I might need to let the tap water set for a hour or 2 before adding nutes
Bubble that tap water 24 hrs if you can,if not let it sit out at least that long.I use a filter first(tall boy)then bubble,chlorine dissipates,chloramine needs a little help.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I like to add molasses because it contains many goodies other than sugar.

Screenshot 20161215 003115

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so im not to freak out that the ph is still crazy low and just give It to them?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
so im not to freak out that the ph is still crazy low and just give It to them?
Straight off their website FAQ

14. I mixed a solution using the Earth Juice Original Formulas "Advanced Chart" and my pH is 3.90?

Earth Juice will work in harmony with the medium and self adjust.

Since 1991 the mass majority of gardeners, including ourselves, who use the Earth Juice Original formulas simply mix with water and use without adjusting the pH.

The initial pH of Earth Juice Original formulas will generally be on the mild acidic side, this is primarily due to the natural extracts, phyto-acids and protein (amino) acids contained in Earth Juice formulas.

If you need and/or prefer to adjust the pH prior to using here's a here's several options:

- Always mix with portable TAP water and use a high quality professional planting mix that contains pH adjusters: lime, dolomite, oyster shell lime, etc.

- Aerate the solution for 12-24 hours. After the aeration period if the solution exhibits an increased in the pH, do not adjust and use as is. If there is no increase in the pH, adjust the desired pH and use. For the next mix, prior to the aeration process, adjust the pH to 4.5 followed by aerating for 12-24 hours. After this period if there is no increase in pH, adjust to desired pH and use

- Add, with caution, a liming material to the medium; dolomite, oyster shell , etc

- See the Earth Juice "Advanced Plus" Chart. The initial pH using the "Advanced Plus" Chart will generally be a bit higher.

- Try a partial substitution of Earth Juice Big Bloomin Guano for proportions of the Earth Juice Bloom. Example: 1 tsp/gl Earth Juice Bloom + 3 tsp/gal Big Bloomin Guano. Use Big Bloomin Guano during the Vegetative period at 1-3 tsp/gal.

- To keep it as easy without any worries, use Amazon Bloom as your medium and follow the Amazon Bloom "Keep It Simple" Chart.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so the ph did not go up but u all say its ok so im going for it lol its been going for 2 days now
wondering if its ok to add over the ff nute will all the salt in the soil b ok for the new life im adding in to my soil

Trappedintha90ss

Trappedintha90ss

Yes the ph is around 4.
I like to aerate for a day or 2 to bring the ph up to a good level.
The dissolved oxygen is a nice bonus too.

You could ph the nutes but you'll use a Lot of Ph up.

The bubbling is the cheapest alternative.
Just make sure to mix each batch right after the other is used. You need minimum 24-48hrs. But can bubble indefinitely if needed.

I personally have created a living ecosystem in my aeration jug.
View attachment 652071 View attachment 652072

Ever time I add nutes or water I always add the biozeus microbes and molasses to the tea to feed them. They populate the jug and they digest all the nutrients and minerals. This makes the nutrients more bio available to the plants.

Some of the nutrients are held onto by the living microbes to live. But as they die they make those nutrients available to whoever gets it (plant, microbe, your finger in the soil lol).

I reuse 14oz of each gallon diluted into the next gallon of water. It's like a starter culture that repopulates the new water.

Over time your jug will get very dirty and sludge looking but that stuff is good for the soil. The plants go crazy for it. The microbes transfer into the soil too helping break it down for the plant.

Just make sure a gallon of water and a tbsp of molasses is always bubbling. Even if you add no nutes. Just to keep the microbes alive.

just curious, what’s the maintenance on that jug? Does the jug and air stones ever need to be cleaned ? How often do you add molasses to the mix? (how many times a day?) do you add the microbes at the point of feeding or do you let them sit in there for 24-48 hrs?

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

This is a noob question but will I need to buy every nut and additive on the 2 charts on the first page if I use these nuts for my grow?

Latest posts

Top Bottom