Earthbox question.

• Thread starter jeffadies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I recently was cleaning out my storage and found a Earthbox that i forgot i had. This thing worked awesome on some basil and baby leaf spinach with the pre mix that came with the unit. Well i tried it once after that about a year later and i just used some walmart grade soil and it stayed soaking wet the whole time and nothing would grow. Now i dont know a ton about feeding but i currently just use FF stuff and happy frog soil in 3 gallon buckets. Im assuming that in a wick system that is not top feed that my current feeding schedule will not work. I am thinking that the best way would be some sort of soil layering maybe? I would like to try to use this in a Scrog and would like any advice i can get on setting up a good wick system. thank you in advance.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
After some research I am starting to think coco core would be the way to go. funny that my earth box will have no earth in it..:)

M

marijuana4ms

I started my Earthbox experience with tomatoes (late 1990's) and they went berserk, providing more tomatoes then we could give away.

Currently, I've got 2 Nothern Lights plants, one in each Earthbox. I've only topped them and plan on leaving them alone to do their thing. So far, using Fox Farms Oceanforest dirt and Happy Frog nutrients + the other additive Earthbox recommends - they are also going berserk.

M

marijuana4ms

OK, here's an update. First I'll make a correction go my description, I'm growing White Widow not northern lights... they were germinated using the paper towel method mid April. Grown in FoxFarms Ocean forest dirt under 1 four foot fluorescent light on a warming pad. Transferred into earthbox 9MAR19 - both into one earthbox. Thing 1 was 9 inches tall and thing 2 was 7 inches. 14MAR19 separated them into 1 per earthbox because they were already crowding. Today is 18JUNE19 and thing 1 (foto848) is just under 5 feet and thing 2 is 3' 5". I'm thinking to just let them do their thang without grooming and/or fussing over then as I have when growing under lights.

20190618 084848
20190618 084829
stoneyluv

stoneyluv

I'm a big fan of earthboxes!!!! i have five of them and have grown a lot of different plants in them veggies, ganja, they'll grow em all!!!

I recently was cleaning out my storage and found a Earthbox that i forgot i had. This thing worked awesome on some basil and baby leaf spinach with the pre mix that came with the unit. Well i tried it once after that about a year later and i just used some walmart grade soil and it stayed soaking wet the whole time and nothing would grow. Now i dont know a ton about feeding but i currently just use FF stuff and happy frog soil in 3 gallon buckets. Im assuming that in a wick system that is not top feed that my current feeding schedule will not work. I am thinking that the best way would be some sort of soil layering maybe? I would like to try to use this in a Scrog and would like any advice i can get on setting up a good wick system. thank you in advance.

you can just scratch in some dry food on the surface or you can even use liquid nutes right down the tube or sprinkle it over the soil... it's kinda hard to mess em up, they are very versatile.

OK, here's an update. First I'll make a correction go my description, I'm growing White Widow not northern lights... they were germinated using the paper towel method mid April. Grown in FoxFarms Ocean forest dirt under 1 four foot fluorescent light on a warming pad. Transferred into earthbox 9MAR19 - both into one earthbox. Thing 1 was 9 inches tall and thing 2 was 7 inches. 14MAR19 separated them into 1 per earthbox because they were already crowding. Today is 18JUNE19 and thing 1 (foto848) is just under 5 feet and thing 2 is 3' 5". I'm thinking to just let them do their thang without grooming and/or fussing over then as I have when growing under lights.

ahh you got one of the old school models like me....

DSCN1428

🙃

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

reservoir good for anaerobic teas (KNE), EM1 to keep it from getting nasty. Layers of Kashi and Bu blend compost on top of organic soil - those are directions from probiotic wellness garden w/ earthboxes. Has been working out for me with addition of SST and a few other things.

This is my first grow ever and its going well
20200614 161232
20200614 161228

Top Bottom