earthworks water bong

• Thread starter love my weed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

agentorange

im finally placing my order for a torch, tools and glass this week! wont be able to make something like that for at least a few months though

I checked out your grow thread in your sig (nice work btw), and then the school you're going to, from in there. Looks like fun, wish there were schools like that here!

B

BPCO

would you mind if a few months down the road once im decent at blowing if i recreated this piece in glass? gives me an idea to make a series of glass based after oldschool pieces.

You can copy any of my old bongs or hand pipes all you want, in glass or in ceramic I don't care anymore, its been almost 30 years ago. Yeah we made almost a half million of these (probably more counting the defects that never shipped) and never once sold them wholesale for less than $5.00 each. They retailed for $10-$12 back in the '70s and that was real money then. But we hit the market just right, got into the bong market as the first and only ceramic bong and pipe makers, and got the two largest distributors of head shop supplies (Adams Apple out of Chicago and Berney-Karp from LA) to not only carry our bongs and hand pipes but to prominently feature the Old Man Bong in their catalog and advertising. We had other smaller distributors all over the country and a number of sales reps. The company had about 30 full time employees making bongs and pipes, and yeah out in the country where we were, we grew some serious buds.

sky high

sky high

Cool as shit stories, BPCO! Did you ever feel any heat from the FED for making pot smoking devices so early on in the game?

Dizzle.....you takin classes...or have a mentor? Just gettin into clay ourselves. Tossin pots/bowls and making free-form functional art. Definitely serious fun...and a great outlet for the head and the creative side...

I may end up buying a kiln and a wheel @ some point but right now we are abusing the college studio to the max.

s h

B

BPCO

Sky High, nah never any heat, we were very out in the open about what we were doing. Big building on the north side of town on the main highway as you drive in, lots of cars in the parking lots, 30 very friendly stoned hippies working their asses off for good pay, little old ladies in the store in the front of the building buying flower pots for their living room. The county sheriff and local police and their wives visited often to buy pottery, so did the mayor and most of the city council. When we gave tours, we just said, "...and next to the dinner wear here in the factory these are bongs, kids use them to get high". And they would say "but don't you feel like you are contributing to their..yada, yada, yada" and our standard answer was always, "um no, I own a bong too!" A lot of the very straight folks in town pretty much admired this group of people for working so hard at such a young age, so it became known that we were the good guys, regardless of all those bongs. I got interviewed in the newspapers more than I liked, the local bankers loaned me money and asked how the bong business was doing, the national leaders of the legalize pot movement came to visit me and wanted my opinion (that was pretty funny, me with hair to my shoulders and bib overalls on, counting my money making bongs, and them at my same age with their polished shoes, short hair and suits, I told them to not worry about it, legalizing pot would never happen, and it would grow anyway to be one of the biggest economies in the country, they did not believe me and left LOL). And if you just walked out to the pond behind the building you could easily see a large crop of super plants just blowing in the wind....

M

Mako Shark

1972 EARTHWORKS OLD MAN WATER PIPE BONG

I know that this is kind of an older thread, but maybe this will bring it back to life. This is really the only place that I have been able to find any information on this bong and I was hoping to get a little more info. Does anyone know what the value of a piece like this would be? And or, where would I be able to get it appraised in the Denver, CO area? I hate to sell it, but I could use some cash and I'd like to find out what it is worth, or at least a fair ball park value. It is in great condition, no chips, cracks, scratches, etc. (see pic)

mr roboto

mr roboto

way back in high school my buddy made a bong in ceramics class but it ended up looking like a 2 foot penis so nobody wanted to smoke off of it. ahh memories

K

KingBong

Hey its 2015 and I need an earthworks bong from 1972. will pay a lot of money. I had one too and to prove it, I found this old painting of mine, 1977, I painted a picture of my bong! so if anybody wants to make a cool quick buck reply please

IMG 1286
IMG 1287
Storm Raven

Storm Raven

I would kill for one now. well not kill maybe but pay a nice ransom. anybody?

It was nice but to be honest my friend I like a solid glass bong now. Would be a nice piece to display on my personal stash bar. :cool:

K

KingBong

LOL. my smoking days are way over but it would be nice to have that Bong on display. I also had some beautiful smoking stones and some great tee's, all flourescent with ACULPUCO GOLD and a mexican guy with a hat on the front of the tee, and I had a Panama Red one too.
wooden chamber pipes, roach clips, one that spelled out weed... you find me that bong, I would be appreciative. I don't know anybody on this site.

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

KingBong, Ever had a Power Hitter? I loved them back in the day.

K

KingBong

we must have, I know we rolled french joints and also hot spooned flower tops in 75.

and the ol shot guns!! I could give a shot gun with the tiniest roach, I was pretty good.

now the pot is too strong and freakes me out for sure not to mention major cotton mouth.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Damn this was one of the coolest little threads on straight up old school paraphanelia. Wayy before me, it made me laugh out loud about 3 people chimed in "oh yea i found in stashed under a floorboard" totally a bunch of underage stoners stashing their bongs in their family home, then forgeting all about it. Sweet to see some of them still in rotation. Also finding out how they were distributed and made on the down low.

I wish we had more files backed up of oldschool hightimes, and other cannabis mags from back in the 60s to 90's right before internet. All those old mags are so cool to look at, even if half the info on growing is retarded, awesome to see where weve come from.

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

I wish we had more files backed up of oldschool hightimes,

Do you remember the cartoon that ran in High Times back in the early 70's called: "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers". They even had their own comic books.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Sadly i dont i wasnt even alive yet, but i sure would like to get to enjoy them. I know high times has got to have every issue backed up, id pay a little bit to get the full on digital copy of their magazine from the beggining to now or at least the late 80's when indoor growing was still in its infancy

K

KingBong

You are not gonna believe this but I painted a clip board with one of the freak brothers on it.
My MOM saved it somewheres, I need to find it and post it here. some sell me an EarthWorks bong please.

K

KingBong

You can copy any of my old bongs or hand pipes all you want, in glass or in ceramic I don't care anymore, its been almost 30 years ago. Yeah we made almost a half million of these (probably more counting the defects that never shipped) and never once sold them wholesale for less than $5.00 each. They retailed for $10-$12 back in the '70s and that was real money then. But we hit the market just right, got into the bong market as the first and only ceramic bong and pipe makers, and got the two largest distributors of head shop supplies (Adams Apple out of Chicago and Berney-Karp from LA) to not only carry our bongs and hand pipes but to prominently feature the Old Man Bong in their catalog and advertising. We had other smaller distributors all over the country and a number of sales reps. The company had about 30 full time employees making bongs and pipes, and yeah out in the country where we were, we grew some serious buds.
Hey buddy, can you sell me an old man bong, PLEASE?!?!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom