Earwigs inside main stem

• Thread starter Rastafeco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rastafeco

Rastafeco

Hello everybody
I way wondering if somebody could hice me an advice on this. I cut the top of my outdoor plants all the way down to the stem ( they are about 4 feet tall in 7 gallon pots) I took the top of because it esa going way to tall, so I thought will be good to take it out to improve the side branches growth.
Today I way checking my plants and I found earwigs inside the main stem in almost all the plants, some of them went all the way down to the point were I cant see them.
Do you think it could be harmful for the plants in the future? Should I do something like pouring DE through the hole?
Its driving me crazy to think that these bugs could be earint my plants dron inside out or even if I kill them they can become a focus for mold or pathogens inside my the main stem of my plants
Please help
Thanks

Earwigs inside main stem
  • Wow
Reactions: Ina
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi they are eating the soft transport tissues in the plant You gave them the opening when you cut the tops out it would of been better to pull over the tops of plants and tie them down . Od

Rastafeco

Rastafeco

Fuck!
Do you think I can poor Diatomeas earth inside the hole and work it the way in?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
If you put up a pic of the damage I can give you a better option , but my way is not for the faint hearted .... get a new box cutter blade , insert tip in the plant stem enough to cut to centre only cut down and expose them dig them out and clean up the wound with some water , use some tape to gently tape stem closed so it can start to compartmentalise (heal ) itself I would tap over the holes as well or make up some clay to seal the hole the plant won’t care it’s shut of that part of plant till it healed . Od . Bush Doctor .

Rastafeco

Rastafeco

If you put up a pic of the damage I can give you a better option , but my way is not for the faint hearted .... get a new box cutter blade , insert tip in the plant stem enough to cut to centre only cut down and expose them dig them out and clean up the wound with some water , use some tape to gently tape stem closed so it can start to compartmentalise (heal ) itself I would tap over the holes as well or make up some clay to seal the hole the plant won’t care it’s shut of that part of plant till it healed . Od . Bush Doctor .

Thanks for your advice
what do you think about filling the main steam with water enough to force them to go out? and then seal the hole with DE
a friend of mine told me not to worry to much, he said they are not very fond for cannabis plant material,
I am so fucking worried I cant sleep.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks for your advice
what do you think about filling the main steam with water enough to force them to go out? and then seal the hole with DE
a friend of mine told me not to worry to much, he said they are not very fond for cannabis plant material,
I am so fucking worried I cant sleep.
You can give it a go let us know how you go . Od

Top Bottom