Easier volcano easy bag replacement

• Thread starter eastbay215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

eastbay215

This is an innovation on a technique created by others more clever than I to to replace the bags on the easy valve system. With proper care, the valves can last, effectively, forever. Inexpensive, readily available oven bags can be used in place of the crinkly volcano bags. If you've never replaced the factory bags on your easy valve read other techniques on the topic. You'll need some familiarity with the process in order to follow these directions.

I was frustrated with the bag replacement process. I am familiar with two basic tenchiques:

One, in which you bring the bag through the inside of the ring and over the outside. Then you place the black rubber grommet over that and force it back into place. This process had a couple of problems. The bag tended to get gummed up with vapor quickly because of the excess in the middle. Also, having so much bag hanging over the inner ring makes it difficult to lock the ring back into place. Often times, the black grommet would bulge out of the bag slightly. Getting the bag even around the ring required a bit of an artisan's touch.

Another, in which you place the ring inside the bags opening and place the band over that. Then you trim up the excess just above the ring's edge with sharp scissors. Again, you snap it into place. This is a major improvement in several ways. The bag no longer goes through the inner ring, so the middle doesn't get as gummed up. There is no bag going over the top of the ring, so the ring pops into place more easily. But this technique still requires a gentle touch to get the band around the ring. And getting the bag even is difficult. And, these bags wear out quickly because the vapor gums up on the bunched up bag near the valve.

With both of these techniques, thicker bags made the valves harder to assemble and dissasemble, but thinner bags tended to get stickier more quickly. This technique will work with any type of oven bags. The thicker style of bags work well. The thinner Reynolds bags also work well. The bag won't be bunched up near the valve, so it will glaze the inside of the bag much more evenly.

Here's what to do:

Dissassemble the valve. This is an excellent time to dip everything in 99% isopropyl alchohol. A quick rinse and a good drying with a lint-free towel will keep the valves from getting gummed up from being reused. You may choose to do this every other time.

Easier volcano easy bag replacement

Unfold your bag. You're going to put the ring inside of the bag, all the way at the bottom in the middle, just above the seam.

Easier volcano easy bag replacement 3

The flat face of the ring should be facing the plastic.

Easier volcano easy bag replacement 4

Then you're going to wrap the grommet, ouside the bag, around the ring, fitting it into the groove. This should be easy, and if the ring moves and inch or two, it doesn't matter. Just make sure the band isn't going over the seam.

Easier volcano easy bag replacement 5

Once you've done that, the ring should be inside the bag, banded to the outer wall by the grommet which is outside the bag, with the plastic forming a "drum head" over the flat side of the ring.

Easier volcano easy bag replacement 6

Now, you're going to use a sharp pair of scissors, or razor blade, to cut around the edge of the "drum head." Cut it as neatly as possible, until you've cut a circle of plastic away.

Easier volcano easy bag replacement 7

Now, snap it back into place. It will snap back easilly because only a very small amount of plastic is under the grommet.

Easier volcano easy bag replacement 8

Next use a small rubber band (this is a hair band) to close up the open end as neatly as possible.

Easier volcano easy bag replacement 9

Easier volcano easy bag replacement 10

This is what it looks like inflated.

Easier volcano easy bag replacement 2

Instead of using the big giant opening the bag comes with, you've added a neat little bulkhead to the side of the bag.

These balloons get less gummed up from repeated use. They are easier to dissasemble because of the small amount of plastic under the grommet. They are easier to assemble for a number of reasons.

I hope someone else find this information useful.

T

townie55

eastbay215: You deserve a 'golden jay award' for this simple to follow, fantastic method of replacing the bag.

I did it right, the very first time; then I wanted to thank you, but had to sign up first....that process took me six attempts.

Great presentation

M

mz.dolittle

eastbay215: Great method, took me longer to get it apart than back together. Just like townie55, I signed up to thank you for passing along the info and saving me BIG bucks...<3

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The same can be done with Turkey oven bags..( the Big giant ones ) and you don't have to tie off the end...

Used to use them with my volcano till i sold it :D

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
The same can be done with Turkey oven bags..( the Big giant ones ) and you don't have to tie off the end...

Used to use them with my volcano till i sold it :D
What made you sell the volcano was it the digital?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
What made you sell the volcano was it the digital?

Yeah it was digital , I sold it cause honestly smoking outta that thing @ the temp set around 355-360 was just KILLING my lungs far worse then smoking bowls were.. I dunno why seems like it should have been kinder on the lungs but naa that shit just killed my lungs.

That and i swear i went thru weed 3X as fast as dabs or bowls thing just ate my weed like crazy.

M

Mayhem21

I also had the problems with the other way of replacing the bag. I couldn't get the orange piece back on in the very end and I realized it's because I had too much bag bunched up to make it snap back on. So this way worked great except I can't find anything good enough to seal the end. A hair elastic still had vapor escaping. Did anything else work for anyone who tried this???

Top Bottom