East Coast Sour Diesel grow, week 5 of flower - questions for those familiar with this strain.

• Thread starter jguit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Hi folks. It's been a while since I've posted here. I have a question for the folks who have grown this strain. These are 2 plants grown from feminized seeds (Greenpoint Seeds ECSD fem.).

I'm in week 5 of flower and things are looking good in general. One of the girls is starting to fade a bit at week 5 with some of the bigger fans getting a little yellow while the other is mostly green. This really isn't my concern and seems relatively normal. My question is when should I expect the buds to start really fattening up? I havent grown a Sativa dominant strain in quite some time (years) so this is messing with my mental timeline of bud development. Haha.. Thoughts? I'm aiming for a 10 week harvest, give or take.. I'm halfway there!

Thanks!

East coast sour diesel grow week 5 of flower   questions for those familiar with this strain
East coast sour diesel grow week 5 of flower   questions for those familiar with this strain 2
East coast sour diesel grow week 5 of flower   questions for those familiar with this strain 3
High onFire

High onFire

From my experience, sativa leaners swell near the last 3rd portion of the flowering period, they grow up nice and slender then taking their sweet time to swell up those bud sites, it's also all on genetics, phenotypical expressions and medium choice but overall that's what I have found in growing some Indian and African sativa's.

They look really good man! Cheers!🤙

jguit

jguit

Supporter
From my experience, sativa leaners swell near the last 3rd portion of the flowering period, they grow up nice and slender then taking their sweet time to swell up those bud sites, it's also all on genetics, phenotypical expressions and medium choice but overall that's what I have found in growing some Indian and African sativa's.

They look really good man! Cheers!🤙
Thank you! I appear to have 2 different phenotypes. One is starting to yellow a touch and the buds appear to be fattening up while the other is still very green and the buds look abut a week or two behind the other but looks more vigourous in general. I'm hoping THAT one really starts to swell! I typically like doing a run of clones from the same mother just for consistency but since i was starting from fem seeds, I figured I'd just grow the 2 out and compare. After i finish this run, I'll decide which I like better and dial it in for the next round.

Do any breeders sell regular Sour Diesel seeds and not feminized? I couldn't find any that weren't crosses. I typically like starting from regular seeds. This is my first time trying fem seeds.

These are definitely taking their sweet ass time! haha

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Approaching week 7 and they've JUST started to bulk up a little bit. That said, I Identified a problem right after I started this thread. I underestimated the stretch and let them grow too close to the lights (COBs) and forgot (got lazy) to raise the lights or use the dimmer, and check with my PAR meter. Unfortunately the side effect was one of the plants sprung a couple nanners which i promptly picked off. Coincidentally (or not), this is also my firs time trying feminized seeds and first time with a hermie. Either way, it was only a few nanners. I'll try not to get too upset about it! haha. I also think the light issue stunted the bud development a bit as well. I have clones of the one that didn't herm and will try to dial in the next grow. I can't wait to smoke these!

IMG 7306
IMG 7298
Last edited:
High onFire

High onFire

Approaching week 7 and they've JUST started to bulk up a little bit. That said, I Identified a problem right after I started this thread. I underestimated the stretch and let them grow too close to the lights (COBs) and forgot (got lazy) to raise the lights or use the dimmer, and check with my PAR meter. Unfortunately the side effect was one of the plants sprung a couple nanners which i promptly picked off. Coincidentally (or not), this is also my firs time trying feminized seeds and first time with a hermie. Either way, it was only a few nanners. I'll try not to get too upset about it! haha. I also think the light issue stunted the bud development a bit as well. I have clones of the one that didn't herm and will try to dial in the next grow. I can't wait to smoke these!
Their looking killer bro! Looks like your gonna have a nice harvest, what's the nose on them ladies? I think AJ from top dawg seed has regular Original Sour D genetics. Good luck man, keep us updated!

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Their looking killer bro! Looks like your gonna have a nice harvest, what's the nose on them ladies? I think AJ from top dawg seed has regular Original Sour D genetics. Good luck man, keep us updated!
Thanks, I made a few mistakes along the way and will hopefully dial it in better next run. These girls are STINKY and my filter is having a hard time keeping up with only 2 plants. It could be time for replacement as well! haha. It's tough to judge their smell since the filter is always running but i'm definitely getting whiffs of gas and pine. My arms will stink for a few hours after watering/tending the tent. Ha!

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Week 8 is approaching quickly. Buds really started to fatten up this past week. I'm even seeing new white hairs. Growing a predominantly sativa plant has been a learning experience. I can't wait to dial in the next run.

IMG 7326
IMG 7330
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Chopped one and it's now hanging to dry. I wanted to let her go a little longer but my gut said she was ready. My drying room now stinks beyond belief.

The other one, I'm going to harvest it in stages. Chop the 4 main colas in a week or so and let the other ones ripen a bit until around day 85. I've never grown a plant with bud structure like this. It's ugly as sin, main colas look like sticks but the buds themselves are incredibly dense.

I'll also scrog next run. I let these grow au naturel and they got a bit out of hand! =P Growing a predominantly sativa plant has been a learning experience.

IMG 7354
Last edited:
T

THEBRO

Hi folks. It's been a while since I've posted here. I have a question for the folks who have grown this strain. These are 2 plants grown from feminized seeds (Greenpoint Seeds ECSD fem.).

I'm in week 5 of flower and things are looking good in general. One of the girls is starting to fade a bit at week 5 with some of the bigger fans getting a little yellow while the other is mostly green. This really isn't my concern and seems relatively normal. My question is when should I expect the buds to start really fattening up? I havent grown a Sativa dominant strain in quite some time (years) so this is messing with my mental timeline of bud development. Haha.. Thoughts? I'm aiming for a 10 week harvest, give or take.. I'm halfway there!

Thanks!
I can tell u that is not ecsd, period.

Latest posts

Top Bottom