Easy method for: re-vegging regenerating

• Thread starter canadaseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
canadaseed

canadaseed

Hey farm,

I want to share a method I use to regenerate my plants. It's very easy and I will explain it step by step with pictures. First tho, a brief description of the technique. This is an auto flower strain in the pics, it is quite a dwarf plant. But this technique works with all size plants.

Overview: What I want to do when I'm finished harvesting (final harvest) is leave a few small nugs on the plant and cut the branches above those nugs. Usually the top of my plant is ready before the bottom so on my (final harvest) I leave those little nugs and cut the branches and the main-stem around the same area as the nugs. You're left with this:
Easy method for re vegging regenerating

Preliminary Notes: You want your soil, or soil-less media to be dry going into this. This method will not work with hydroponic systems.

The Method:
1. Stop watering
2. Continue flowering light cycle for 7 days or until all trichs are amber (possibly 10-14 days) Don't use your high powered lights. Use CFL and just 1 bulb is enough.
3. Now turn off the lights 5 days.
4. Check your plant(s) for signs of new growth, if there's new growth continue to step 5
5. Give water
6. Turn the CFL back on (24-0, 18-6) is good. I do (48-7)
7. Continue normal watering and light cycle until the plant has established sufficient new vegetation
8. Once the plant has regenerated you can give nutes and return to your veg room and apply your usual growing method.
9. When you feel the plant is ready, cut of the little nugs you left on and also the old fan leafs.

That's it!

Basically the method is to artificially create autumn and winter. By not watering it is a sign to the plant that winter is very close. And once the light is turned off then the plant really starts to respond. By turning the light completely off you tell the plant it's in the thick of winter season. But since it's still warm the plant will grow leafs, thinking: "i'm reading for when summer returns". You see if you gave the plant water and had the lights off it wouldn't work. Because the plant says "hey there's no light but i'm still getting water so it's not winter yet, better develop my flowers". So it is a very simple science. And of course when you turn the lights back on and give water then plant says "oh look summers back, and isn't it great, I have a head start."

Some pics to show the method

Reveg 3

Reveg 4

Reveg 5

Regen 1
Regen 2 nug

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
How many days did it take for the plant to look like this?
regen-1-jpg.418060

And Do you have more pics of that plant after it was done reveging?
How many days did it take to get regular 5 finger leaves?

canadaseed

canadaseed

nice method...i never knew you could reveg an auto...can't clone them though right?

thx man :) As far as I'm aware you can't reveg an auto, but what I've found out is that this strain (mataro blue) may not be a true autoflower. So it's possible that's why I had success revegging.

Thanks for sharing :happy:

For sure man :)

How many days did it take for the plant to look like this? And Do you have more pics of that plant after it was done reveging?
How many days did it take to get regular 5 finger leaves?.

After waiting til the small nugs were fully developed and i let the soil dry, it this took about 5 - 7 while the lights were off. I checked on day 5 and saw that it was pushing some veg growth but i gave it 2 more days dark. then i turned on the lights and watered. about a week later it looks like those pics. I haven't really counted days and stuff very routinely, i probably should. To answer your question about when did it get 5 finger leafs, this is actually currently in progress I hope i get there soon :) here's some pics to show progress this is about 24-48 hours since first pics.

Reveg aa

Reveg a

i reveg plants all the time, and I do like this post, but how on earth does an auto flower plant get to reveg??

What's I realized is that this strain (mataro blue) isn't a true auto, I'm thinking that might be why it did reveg.

Last edited:
canadaseed

canadaseed

No prob Med happy anytime i can help out another farmer :) let me know how it goes if you try it out!

SunGrown

SunGrown

I am gonna use this method with a few of my light dep seedlings and see how it works, but I think it will work well.

canadaseed

canadaseed

it's doing okay lol.. could be much better, if i had transplanted and gave nutes. I sorta let it go on the back burner it's just chilling a few feet away from my other plants. But it's getting transplanted this week outside for the rest of the season...if by end September it's a good size i'll bring it in and allow it to flower, unless it does that all by itself. i'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure one of the reason it has had small regrowth is because of the original size of the plant and the container size. I'm guessing with big plants once the new leafs start and you give nutes it would have all the right opportunities to grow again.
Reveg july

My real hope here is for the bagseed kush reveg. Because that plant after drying and curing had a cereal fruit smell, some watermelon in there. Taste was fruity sour lemon citrus kush, not as strong as lemon floor cleaner tho. If I could reveg that one and clone i'd be happy to pull that off.
Kush revege

as you can see both plants are still producing flowers... maybe this will continue to happen until the plant realizes that producing leaf growth (in this case) is more beneficial to its survival, than producing flowers.

SunGrown

SunGrown

it's doing okay lol.. could be much better, if i had transplanted and gave nutes. I sorta let it go on the back burner it's just chilling a few feet away from my other plants. But it's getting transplanted this week outside for the rest of the season...if by end September it's a good size i'll bring it in and allow it to flower, unless it does that all by itself. i'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure one of the reason it has had small regrowth is because of the original size of the plant and the container size. I'm guessing with big plants once the new leafs start and you give nutes it would have all the right opportunities to grow again.
View attachment 425455

My real hope here is for the bagseed kush reveg. Because that plant after drying and curing had a cereal fruit smell, some watermelon in there. Taste was fruity sour lemon citrus kush, not as strong as lemon floor cleaner tho. If I could reveg that one and clone i'd be happy to pull that off.
View attachment 425456

as you can see both plants are still producing flowers... maybe this will continue to happen until the plant realizes that producing leaf growth (in this case) is more beneficial to its survival, than producing flowers.
Looks good to me, probably would be further along with a transplant and a little food but she is alive!
Not sure where you live but where i live any plant will start flowering right away if put outside now, so take cuts first unless you are in the southern hemisphere.

canadaseed

canadaseed

Thanks man, ya that's happening tomorrow i just have to get more soil mix. Ya same here if i put them out now they're gonna flower, i'm in northeast america. I'm debating whether to plant at my outdoor spot or keep her indoors.

SunGrown

SunGrown

Thanks man, ya that's happening tomorrow i just have to get more soil mix. Ya same here if i put them out now they're gonna flower, i'm in northeast america. I'm debating whether to plant at my outdoor spot or keep her indoors.
Im in norcal, similar lat maybe but def different weather. If the strain is special to you just keep her indoors so you can be sure to save the cut.

canadaseed

canadaseed

cool man... cali's nice great weather for growing! Ya i'll keep her indoors i'm gonna have to read a lot about cloning... like realisticly how long can i keep this plant going? I would love to breed her with other seeds i have. I have Island Sweet skunk and Lavender so once i know enough I'm gonna do some breeding.

SunGrown

SunGrown

cool man... cali's nice great weather for growing! Ya i'll keep her indoors i'm gonna have to read a lot about cloning... like realisticly how long can i keep this plant going? I would love to breed her with other seeds i have. I have Island Sweet skunk and Lavender so once i know enough I'm gonna do some breeding.
Yeah, the northern Cali mountains grow some really good herb, but I think really good herb grows everywhere. I have been indoors and outdoors for quite a while now.

Go for it on making your own seed, if you love the plant immerse yourself. You can keep a plant alive via clones and moms forever, there are cuts that have been going 30+ years around here. Mating plants for seeds is extremely easy, actual breeding for characteristics isn't too difficult either, just space and time consuming. But you can make yourself a heap of seeds with just one male and one female in your closet.

canadaseed

canadaseed

Yeah, the northern Cali mountains grow some really good herb, but I think really good herb grows everywhere. I have been indoors and outdoors for quite a while now.

Go for it on making your own seed, if you love the plant immerse yourself. You can keep a plant alive via clones and moms forever, there are cuts that have been going 30+ years around here. Mating plants for seeds is extremely easy, actual breeding for characteristics isn't too difficult either, just space and time consuming. But you can make yourself a heap of seeds with just one male and one female in your closet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom