Ebb And Grow SUCKS!!

• Thread starter Hydrobaby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hydrobaby

Anyone able to rock one of these? Been growing indoor for 20 years and tried almost every Hydro system on the market. This thread is to prove me wrong! Please do I encourage it. Only photos will prove it!

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

ill get photos later for you. greenthumbsucker on riu had a very well dcumented grow in one on another site. I had great success at my last spot but due to an uneven floor it has not been so great at my new spot so im selling it and going CoCo after this run.

F

frophead

I started writing an actual reply to this post, and then thought...why? Try this website called "Google" if you want to see people rocking the E/F systems. Maybe it can also clue you in as to WHY you have been growing for 20+ years and tried everything and know everything and still suck so bad at growing in a relatively simple hydro environment?

Best of luck dude. ;)

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

lol damn frop you went hard on him maybe he is just fusterated it get's to the best of us bro.

Day of flip
Pineapple DogShit PDS P2 Hydro   1
IMG 0284
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

The last pic was right before harvest on my first run with it. i should have cleaned up and i flushed wayyyy to long for hydro not knowing better at the time but the solo plant shot shows you that it works just fine.

R

Rubijon

This is my first time growing anything. I am using Ebb&Grow system and it seems to be working great.

What dont you like about it?

D

diffrentstrains

I am looking forward to it!!

I have the CAP 12 pot ebb and grow system. I am looking forward to using this for my first hydro grow. After much research and consultation with other growers this seemed to be the best bang for the buck.

I will update as I go... Looking forward to seeing the results.

ups

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I started writing an actual reply to this post, and then thought...why? Try this website called "Google" if you want to see people rocking the E/F systems. Maybe it can also clue you in as to WHY you have been growing for 20+ years and tried everything and know everything and still suck so bad at growing in a relatively simple hydro environment?

Best of luck dude. ;)

Wow. Why even post this? I'm sure pictures would help convince you that e&f works, but maybe you need to check out different mediums/nutes for better results. What are your temps at? Chiller? Medium? Watts? Genetics? Goals? Maybe the way you are doing it can be tweaked to work in your favor?

Cheers,
Crom

H

Hydrobaby

Ebb & Flow sucks period dude that's what im saying. The Ebb & Grow is the best ebb and flow on the market. I have produced out of it but it is all sub-standard.

Two reasons:
1. Salt build up is to much and fushing becomes an issue.
2. A little bit of water stays in the bottom of the bucket and gets stagnent ( breeding ground for disease.)

So I don't need to Google it I have used it several times. IT SUCKS PERIOD!!!

STILL NO GOOD PICS!

R

Rubijon

1st grow here are a few of my Ebb&grow IT WORKS GREAT.

http://i777.invalid.com/albums/yy55/Rubijon_Graham/2011-01-19_16-09-40_443.jpg

http://i777.invalid.com/albums/yy55/Rubijon_Graham/2011-01-19_16-09-53_727.jpg

http://i777.invalid.com/albums/yy55/Rubijon_Graham/2011-01-15_12-49-44_675-1.jpg

I do agree they could have designed it better I put 2x4's under the buckets and have no water in the buckets at all.

R

Reefer Franklin

The Ebb And Flow Is The Way To Go

Hydrobaby,

You don't say what is sub-standard about the results.

This is my first indoor venture and I am very happy so far. I am using the Greentrees version of the Ebb and Gro system. The pics were taken today, 11 days after switching to 12/12. They were in 18/12 for 18 days and were 4" tall when planted. They are now 22"+

The medium is Hydroton and Coco Fiber. Nutes were Botanicare CNS 17 for veg and the Cutting Edge Solutions 'Holy Trinity' for bloom. I have been augmenting this with Fert-All Calcium 12 and Azomite every other day.
I am astonished at how little replenishment the system needs to thrive.

I am moving the Ph between 5.7 and 6.3 for maximum nute uptake. It seems to work. The tap water out here in Gold Country has a ppm of 400, so I'm keeping it at about 1700.

I have no problem with the water in the bottom of the bucket becoming stagnant. Are you experiencing this or just surmising that it will happen ? Since the bucket is being filled several times a day it will pull back whatever has remained in the bucket from the previous feeding. The residue is going to be a maximum of 17 hours old. But it looks like Rubijon has an elegant solution.

I don't understand your problem with salt build up either. Have you been growing for 20 years in soil ? Perhaps you need to look at what you're feeding the girls.

Good luck,

The Reef

"Don't send me no doctor
Fillin' me up with all a those pills"

Imported Photos 00524
Imported Photos 00525
Imported Photos 00526
Imported Photos 00529
R

Reefer Franklin

Thanks Crombien211

These are all 'The White' which I believe is a White Widow/OG Kush hybrid.
Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I do know it won the Oregon Cannabis Cup last year. I got them from a friend who just harvested his. They were super frosty with purple top leaves. Just beautiful.

I looked at the middle leaves with a 30x microscope tonight and there are numerous small trichomes even at this stage. Didn't expect to see that.

Crombien if you are in CA I'd be interested in trading clones when they are ready.

The Reef

Imported Photos 00518
H

Hydrobaby

Looks great bro. I can see that is not the Ebb and Grow from CAP. Eityher way props to you bro. The grow looks great!

I STAND CORRECTED!

H

Hydrobaby

@ Rubijon

Looks great bro I like the tip of the 2x4 under the bucket. Stuff like this is why I started this thread. Thanx

I STAND CORRECTED!~

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

having no issue pulling 1.5 per light so i dont know what you are looking for. anything above that is genetic dependent. height limitations are also playing a factor because my boy with the same genetics is pulling 2 per with the same genetics but his plants are 6' and mine are 4'.

idk what more you are looking for? if it were not for the rot and uneven floor i have had issues with i would still be running this system. it cant compete with rdwc but it's the best ebb and flow you will find.

R

Reefer Franklin

Thanks Hydrobaby.......

........this really is my first attempt at indoor growing. I took the recommendation of a friend who has the same system. He vegged for two weeks. I went another five days just for the hell of it. I really haven't used a lot of nutes. The plants get doused for 30 minutes three times a day.

For the first week of veg I was feeding them once a day. For the second week I upped it to twice. I only used 1/2 a gallon of Botanicare CNS17 for the entire cycle at a cost of $13. Not bad.

Powerplant, the buckets are 2 gallon, but I have plans for a 5 gallon system.

Since I took those pictures two days ago the girls have grown noticeably. The one lonely OG Kush plant with the ruler behind it is up to 33", The White are 24" - 26". I am sure that the lights are playing a big role. They are 1000 W Hortilux bulbs in the Hydrofarm Raptor hoods. I'm very impressed with the hoods. In a square configuration they are easily covering the 15' x 15' grow area with no light fall off anywhere. I put the 18" mylar squares under each plant yesterday to help fill in the light under the leaves.

I'm so impressed with this ebb and grow system I'm going to build a 5 gallon
set up and use it outdoors during the summer. It beats buying $2,000 worth of mushroom compost and all the amendments and of course the Hydroton is re-usable.

This system has 48 sites, but I'm pretty sure it will handle 80 just by adding the buckets and inserts. Is anyone else doing this ? It should just take longer to fill and drain. And I really think the lights will cover all of them. We shall see.

So no excuses Hydrobaby, it's your turn to show that Ebb And Grow really
is a tidal wave when it comes to growing our medicine.

The Reef

Imported Photos 00548
Imported Photos 00544
Imported Photos 00545
Imported Photos 00549
Imported Photos 00550

Latest posts

Top Bottom