• Thread starter Johnlandy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Thank you so much for your feedback!

The containers will be within pole barn type warehouse only because of permit restrictions. Id like to have them stand alone as in they are highly insulated and ideal little microclimates. There will be ample space between pods to promote proper air exchange. Regarding environmentals, I am aware that our HVAC system is potentially our most important component of our operation. We have chosen shipping containers because they seem to be our cheapest option of implementing a highly controlled environment. We will have an autogrow system in our pods but here is a bit more detail

HVAC: 1-3 Ton Bard wall mount heat pump with ductless air handlers
Dehumidifier : 110 Pint/Day Quest commercial

Regarding IPM.. This is partly why we selected the containers.. (Most control of air intake) We obviously need air intake from outside but we will be using extensive screening/netting to eliminate as many larger problems as possible.. We will definitely have protocols for when things do occur, which will be based on recommendation of budmaster, but I also believe that growing healthy uniform SOG plants with a strong immune system will mitigate many problems. I really like the idea of SOG!!

Alas, we will have money in the bank for expected failures lol. My wife is an accountant so I don't get to skimp on details. COME be our BUDMASTER and eliminate our initial expected failure! For real thank you for feedback!
Let me guess ...Oklahoma??? 🤔

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
No it's that OK is a "hot" new market in desperate need of good bud.
Ive read a lot of the same. The rollout in some states has been so bad..whether it be poor quality due to the lack of attention to specific cannabis needs by crop farmers or even a bottleneck in lack of testing facilities to certify buds. IMHO there is a unique opportunity atm in some states to produce premium flower before quality catches up and saturates the market..

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Ive read a lot of the same. The rollout in some states has been so bad..whether it be poor quality due to the lack of attention to specific cannabis needs by crop farmers or even a bottleneck in lack of testing facilities to certify buds. IMHO there is a unique opportunity atm in some states to produce premium flower before quality catches up and saturates the market..
Some of the smartest voices in the industry right now are saying if you want to go for the long haul, you need to be prepared for $200 lbs. Can you make $12 an oz profitable 5 years from now? That's where we're headed unfortunately.

Anthem

Anthem

Some of the smartest voices in the industry right now are saying if you want to go for the long haul, you need to be prepared for $200 lbs. Can you make a $12 oz profitable 5 years from now? That's where we're headed unfortunately.
Those are also the same guys that have been saying that since Cali passed Prop 215. I believe there will be a point where there is a reset on prices but something like 200 a pound is not going to be the quality we see in Cali. You cannot grow it even commercially for that sort of cost.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Those are also the same guys that have been saying that since Cali passed Prop 215. I believe there will be a point where there is a reset on prices but something like 200 a pound is not going to be the quality we see in Cali. You cannot grow it even commercially for that sort of cost.
You can't grow it commercially indoors for that cost. The days of trying to heat a greenhouse in Canada through the Winter to keep your precious crop going when we are going to be able to import it from South America legally once the federal stuff drops it's a whole new ballgame.

The future is outdoors. That's just a consequence of legality and coming out of the shadows

Anthem

Anthem

You can't grow it commercially indoors for that cost. The days of trying to heat a greenhouse in Canada through the Winter to keep your precious crop going when we are going to be able to import it from South America legally once the federal stuff drops it's a whole new ballgame.

The future is outdoors. That's just a consequence of legality and coming out of the shadows
Even bring up from South America, 200 is not going to happen. No way no how. Oh and now we are talking outdoor, well the craft grow will still be around because of better quality verses out door.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Agreed. That's why I grow my own. And that's why the "traditional" market will never die.

But there's always going to be the Philip Morris/coors light of cannabis consumers out there. 🤷‍♂️

N

Newber

Hey Guys & Gals,

First time poster about to embark on commercial grow operation with 2 friends. None of us have ever grown which I know will raise some eyebrows but we have solid backgrounds. Long story short, I am the biochemistry guy and I think I have come up with a decent plan. We are seeking a license for 2000 plants and our main constraint looks to be space (which is mainly driven by our finances). I am looking to implement a pseudo perpetual SOG harvest using ebb and flow tables with a 1 week veg 8 week flower cycle. I intend to utilize 8' x 40' shipping containers with approximately 230 sq ft of usable space. I have tons of information suggesting a 1/3 veg to 2/3 flower space allocation which has driven me to conclude we need 1 clone room, 2 veg rooms, and 6 flower rooms. I intend to start with enough seeds, assuming 80% success rate, to fill my 6 flower rooms which I expect to hold 1200ish plants. From there I intend to cut 1200 clones 3 weeks prior to first harvest. I know so many things are strain specific and nothing seems conclusive about how much a hydroponic system can add to yield.

If I use a SOG technique and get 200 flowering plants in each pod, how much yield could I expect from each pod?
I know a good experienced grower looks to get 1g dry/ 1 watt of light. Does this mean my 200 plants will only ever yield 14,000gs per harvest because I have 14,000W of light?
Am I understanding this correctly? Basically I want the largest total mass of high quality buds I can produce and the plant is really just a machine to convert whatever amount of light energy I give it to my desired buds. Therefore, is SOG just the best way to get the absolute most out of the light provided?

Please feel free to leave any feedback on my plan or questions. I will be speaking with a cannabis consulting company next week.

Cheers
Matt
FUCKING WILD WILD WEST YALL!! I'll be pulling up a chair for this one!!!! my God dude ur numbers u were talking about aren't even registering in my head. my 10x10 is more than enough work solo, but I understand this is commercial with multiple employees. Best of luck, if I feel like I can help I will, but respectfully this is WAY out my my league 🤪🤪🤪 Happy Farmin'!

Anthem

Anthem

Agreed. That's why I grow my own. And that's why the "traditional" market will never die.

But there's always going to be the Philip Morris/coors light of cannabis consumers out there. 🤷‍♂️
I think that is like comparing an apple and an orange. Even part time users today know the difference in quality smoke. Also with testing that states have already mandated the out of country stuff is going to have to past strict testing to get into the country so any short cuts they take with PGR's or heavy metal additions is going to get them popped.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I think that is like comparing an apple and an orange. Even part time users today know the difference in quality smoke. Also with testing that states have already mandated the out of country stuff is going to have to past strict testing to get into the country so any short cuts they take with PGR's or heavy metal additions is going to get them popped.
As soon as the federal stuff drops and big AG gets involved...all bets are off. They will throw so much lobbying money at it the regulations will drop like flies. They did it for oil, they'll do it for cannabis. Follow the $

Anthem

Anthem

As soon as the federal stuff drops and big AG gets involved...all bets are off. They will throw so much lobbying money at it the regulations will drop like flies. They did it for oil, they'll do it for cannabis. Follow the $
There will always be a craft cannabis industry, simply because big ag will genetically modify the crop, create patents, sue for patent infringement. Sure there will be big ag involved and they will take over a percentage of the market, maybe most of the market. But there will always be craft. Did everyone quit brewing moonshine?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
There will always be a craft cannabis industry, simply because big ag will genetically modify the crop, create patents, sue for patent infringement. Sure there will be big ag involved and they will take over a percentage of the market, maybe most of the market. But there will always be craft. Did everyone quit brewing moonshine?
Nope. But very few people are making money making moonshine either. I've never been in it for the money though. Just the pure love of the plant and the medicine ❤🌱

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter

Sadly, I completely agree. The cost efficiency of growing outdoors in some of these warmer climates is just too good to ignore. However, I do believe there is still a narrow window to succeed indoors in many states. My business plan involves gaining enough traction in any state which will allow me to pivot to a warmer climate when the federal sweep happens. I'm hoping my family in GA will come in handy LOL. I don't know about $200/ lb but it will drop substantially. Hopefully at that point I will have enough standing to continue in a craft market or sellout and reinvest to make my pivot outdoors down south. I have a background in biochemistry with a concentration in genetics, so my dream is to cross strains one day and produce myself a perfect little 70/30 Sativa blend with just enough body effects to allow me to enjoy my favorite hobby of running!

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
FUCKING WILD WILD WEST YALL!! I'll be pulling up a chair for this one!!!! my God dude ur numbers u were talking about aren't even registering in my head. my 10x10 is more than enough work solo, but I understand this is commercial with multiple employees. Best of luck, if I feel like I can help I will, but respectfully this is WAY out my my league 🤪🤪🤪 Happy Farmin'!
My dude you couldn't be more correct.. The shadiest doings seem to be connected to land. Each municipality has its own rules.. So what tends to happen is big AG catches wind of changing tides before anyone else and buys up the land for pennies on the dollar.. City opens up to growers and all the land is immediately gouged .. Shady happenings. Thanks for the support! I will update as often as possible

Top Bottom