EC drops a lot in runoff

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dbrzz

dbrzz

Runoff EC has risen the last 5 feedings in a row. I'm at 1200 in, 1650 out last time. And I'm well over 20% run off. I get 4 gallons a day in my runoff bucket, and about 5 or 6 out of the reservoir. The extra water was an attempt to get EC down. Clearly that's not worked, nor dropping the input EC. So...I'll try more, shorter watering. And keep EC down.

I feel lucky so far on this grow. Like everything's gone right - my biggest problem has been plants growing too big. I keep waiting for something to go wrong in the last month.
Lower your ec to .8 or 800-1000 ppm. What is your runoff Ph? It will drop if the feed is too strong, rise a bit if in the sweet spot.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Lower your ec to .8 or 800-1000 ppm. What is your runoff Ph? It will drop if the feed is too strong, rise a bit if in the sweet spot.
Runoff pH is 6.3 or less. I rarely check.

I should note that I'm not really checking correctly, at the pot. I check the runoff after it goes into a sump bucket and pumps out later. It averages things our but shows trends. At least that is my assumption.

I'm trying lower EC. But the plants sure look good. No deficiencies or issues in the leaves. Buds setting nicely. I have the light cranked up a bit, over 1000 PAR in the center.

dbrzz

dbrzz

Those are the kind of problems that I like. my plants grow too big!they’re hard to manage! my buds are falling over there too heavy!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom