ECO's Electric Sky Es300 vs Fluence's Spydr 2p vs Scynce's Raging Kush - looking for informed help

• Thread starter SativaMornings
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SativaMornings

SativaMornings

Hi all
New to the forums, but long time lurker.

Looking for some feedback that falls more under objective then subjective, even though I know people get passionate about lighting and there's no black and white when it comes to lighting.

Budget isn't a concern, higher quality lighting/options is. I get that some of you swear by Alibaba QBs, HLG, Spider Farmer, etc, but I'm not interested to go that route. I've picked out my three finalist.

Setup:
  • 4x4 tent, hydro w/drip irrigation, well ventilated, yada yada. 6 plants. No co2 at this time, would consider for future grows.
Choices:
  • (Two) Electric Sky ES300 V2 from Green Sunshine co. I'm super intrigued by the wideband spectrum, as I believe in the Emerson Effect. I've read some good success stories of early flowering and nice fat buds. The FR spectrum has value in my opinion. I also like the fact that they don't spike up the blue, causing plants to be too compact. Appears they dialed in the blue just right for a healthy stretch. Built-in dimming is a plus as well in case I need it. Nice helpful folks and customer service has been a pleasure so far.
    • With that said, I'd love to hear from folks who have grown under these lights - specifically the V2 version of the ES300.
  • I was originally looking at the Spydr 2x, but after talking with Fluence and asking a ton of questions, the 2x would be a bit under-powered for my needs and it appears that the 2p will still give me a healthy full spectrum without the need for co2. Of course co2 would be an added benefit one day. I like that they are made in the US, have great customer support, and PPFD gives respectable numbers. Seems like it'll give me great coverage in the 4x4.
  • Late to my game is the Raging Kush from ScynceLED. Dug into a rabbit hole of research, and I'm intrigued by their spectrum tuning and reciepe building capabilities. Although one has to think, it that more so marketing hype than reality? I mean how many of us are true experts and know that this plant needs a 20% more blue or 10% less green? The idea is interesting though, as with all the other lights you are stuck with whatever the manufacturer deems the right spectrum. I like mid-level blues and greens, and heavier red with a touch of far red. That's why the ES300 is appealing to me, but if I can replicate the same spectrum here, this looks like a solid offering. Good looking par map too.
From all my reading on these forums, I know this thread is bound to go outside of my above question, but let's try to keep it focused on these three models if possible. I know we have a great community of growers who are super passionate and helpful, hoping to tap into that for a well educated discussion and ultimate decision.

Any feedback/experience on the above would be greatly appreciated!

Indiva710

Indiva710

Now i have a raging kush i just got it so cant give much as in performing but i am a big fan of it i mean i did get one and i have hlg on the other half of my 8x4 so ill compare but most likely ill be getting the raging kush 2.0 when it comes out in a few months i believe nov but dont quote me on that...It will have even more even ppfd maps with more diodes and it will do full power at all spectrums well for what they can do as the cool and warm is like 460w that could do all cool at the full 460w not half the power etc...and the reds is like 230w just for example 660 and 730nm can be 50/50 mix w the full 230w or one or the other only or w e u want...So they are gna be killer if you can wait 2.0 will be dope but the v1 is too .... cant comment on the others never had em but the scynce blows them both out the water and quality of it too plus they are all made in house...And all tested 5yr warranty too...And being able to dial in for specific cultivars is great plus top effeciency too for it as u dont need to have the light at full tilt the entire day..Just tunability is wonderful but its not for every one

savagemonk

savagemonk

I’m leaning on raging kush 2.0 out of the lights you mentioned.

Spectrum tuning seems like the future but I rather wait on research to catch up and educate. This light needs field tests. Just like tuning an engine involves running it for the right sound, idle, power.

Are Scynce’s programmed 5 phase flower recipes ideal, good enough? Wouldn’t tweaking the recipes for different strains make sense.

But tuning light spectrum seems complicated. Unless you want to experiment and risk bad results your left with playing up or down a few percent from the suggested recipe.

So you start researching online for spectrum recipes during 2021. Why would growers offer you their light recipes (Research and Development)? They will keep them as trade secrets or offer to sell it. After all the light industry has proprietary led spectrums so wouldn’t researchers/growers also protect their tunable spectrum recipe?

Whats the point really? To run the lights more efficiently by excluding some colors? Why not just let the plant take what it wants from a full light spectrum? Ok maybe you want to control plant shape and size, increase terps and resin, increase yield. To what extent will this occur? Marginal or significant?

Indiva710

Indiva710

Kush 2.0 ftw hands down best light on the market period you will not be disappointed one bit worth every penny

Indiva710

Indiva710

I’m leaning on raging kush 2.0 out of the lights you mentioned.

Spectrum tuning seems like the future but I rather wait on research to catch up and educate. This light needs field tests. Just like tuning an engine involves running it for the right sound, idle, power.

Are Scynce’s programmed 5 phase flower recipes ideal, good enough? Wouldn’t tweaking the recipes for different strains make sense.

But tuning light spectrum seems complicated. Unless you want to experiment and risk bad results your left with playing up or down a few percent from the suggested recipe.

So you start researching online for spectrum recipes during 2021. Why would growers offer you their light recipes (Research and Development)? They will keep them as trade secrets or offer to sell it. After all the light industry has proprietary led spectrums so wouldn’t researchers/growers also protect their tunable spectrum recipe?

Whats the point really? To run the lights more efficiently by excluding some colors? Why not just let the plant take what it wants from a full light spectrum? Ok maybe you want to control plant shape and size, increase terps and resin, increase yield. To what extent will this occur? Marginal or significant?
So they have more recipes that you can download per specific light the app also let's you share your recipes too which depends on the person just like anything ...
Some ppl give out free info for the love of the plant and wanting to spread the info and the results with others and then you have others that has it shoved up their prison wallets so far only money will have them share it....
Now I'm fine with sharing my custom recipes however they do need to of done their research and put the time in to deserve it more or less...
Now scynce lights are finely tuned idk what your talking about from the diodes to the optics and heatsinks drivers are made in house along with everything but the diodes. .They q.c and bench test every single light that leaves their company period if it doesn't pass it doesn't leave....
Theres pry not another light in the game that is as finely tuned as scynce is right now they put in the research and it shows along with quality too go take a bath with it if u want or swimming and have it on no problem lol....
Waterproof is huge for a light with keeping a room silky smooth n clean like it should be and not have problems w certain chemicals etc like most lights esp china made lights...
As when u have a problem. W a cheap light like that good luck getting a warranty or getting it in a timely manner esp when you really need it!!!
Scynce will hot swap meaning they send you a new light and you put the old one in the new box and send it back easy peazy....
It's like this you can buy a diff light now and end up buying scynce later or just buy them now and not regret a thing...
I ran a hlg light next to my scynce i even had 120watts extra and the scynce blew it out the water and had hardly any larf and the hlg side not so much....
Tuning spectrums isn't really that hard esp with all the info they have on the site and the app that walks u thru it also kinda hard to mess up a harvest with these lights unless u interrupt the dark period but in spectrums it's not like they have one of each color that you have to change they have 6500 cool white and 2700k warm plus red and far red 660 and 730nm...
You can easily do the Emerson effect and putting your plants to sleep with the 730nm is a piece of cake and u have full power on any color so the 2700 and 6500k are together but can do like 450w example and the reds does 200w i believe is what they do so no matter if u run 2700 or 6500 alone would be 450w 50/50 or 100% for one only etc and they are going to do even more updates too along with alot more recipes too ...Plus optics that gives you deeper penetration into the canopy so you have more full buds and less larf...
Not to mention more trichromes bigger yields ...You just can't go wrong esp with a usa made company and made in house...
So again you can buy now or end up buying twice and buy later and loose on the wrong ones you choose in your pocket and in your crop...
You can easily control the plant how you want as in stretch or not so much plus trichomes better yield quality the list just goes on and on ...
It's a matter of time before other companies are copying scynce period i mean some already are too...
And if your a hash maker uv lights are a nice add on and better to get them separate vs in the entire light as they don't last as long so easier to replace them...
Which I run solacure t8 flower power fluorescent uvs as they have uva and uvb 285,395nm which is major just need a hint of uvb exactly what they have and great lights i run x2 4ft per 4x4 too.. but also great cuz u can turn them off when needed etc too..

savagemonk

savagemonk

Good info.

I heard plants respond better to a UV pulse. Timer 1 day ON, then 1 day OFF, 1 day ON, 1 day OFF etc.

I chose growers choice roi 720. You get more light for less upfront cost.

I will wait for kush 2.0 to get reviewed this year and like you said will probably end up getting it.

Indiva710

Indiva710

I never heard of the pulse of 1 day on 1 day off the way I heard how pulse is done is by doing like 15-30min cycles then off for like 2hrs etc..i just got my UVs last grow so still learning on those its also highly depends on the cultivar as not every one is going to react the same to uv period so it's more of a testing thing w new strains also depends on where the plant came from if it's a sativa from the Himalayas then lots of uv but if it's some indoor made hybrid like a runtz that's never seen the light of day then u will def want to back off on the uv and slowly increase and dial it in....Esp w uvb ...As uva only like all the led uvs on the market are uva only which is why I went with the 4ft t5, t8s setups as solarcure has both and since I'm a hash maker need everything I can get for quality...As quality in quality out period just cuz it's hash and concentrated doesn't make it good by any means...And scynce led does that for me and then some w the spec tuning....
Also have heard of ppl running the uvs in the dark cycle too....

Indiva710

Indiva710

Also u don't get more like w the roi 720 it just does more power and costs you more money.. ppf for a measurement is worthless as that's the measurement pretty much touching the diodes which u don't grow like that now ppfd is a much much better and accurate but still not perfect...
The 2.0 does 2.51umoles 1634ppf or 1050 ppfd which is a avg # which they have thee most even ppfd canopy on the market in the corners to the middle plus deeper penetration and for the 200 diff between the lights no questions asked 650w too
So it's more efficient , has 150w less power and amps and it has a better ppfd spread thruout the canopy plus the dopetastic optics they have....Not to mention full spectrum tuning and having full power for all tuning for that color...Not to mention better diodes and quality is 2nd to none period less larf which is more smokeable buds u get ...Plus their customer service and everyone who works their is amazing and more than happy to help not there to take your money and run ....And waterproof which if your not ipm and keeping up on sterilizing and cleaning your room after every grow it's only gna bite u in the ass later..And maybe even a entire crop ruined....
And if u run a mini split that better be getting foamed cleaned and steamed washed frequently too even after every grow too which most ppl don't know that either

savagemonk

savagemonk

Also u don't get more like w the roi 720 it just does more power and costs you more money.. ppf for a measurement is worthless as that's the measurement pretty much touching the diodes which u don't grow like that now ppfd is a much much better and accurate but still not perfect...
The 2.0 does 2.51umoles 1634ppf or 1050 ppfd which is a avg # which they have thee most even ppfd canopy on the market in the corners to the middle plus deeper penetration and for the 200 diff between the lights no questions asked 650w too
So it's more efficient , has 150w less power and amps and it has a better ppfd spread thruout the canopy plus the dopetastic optics they have....Not to mention full spectrum tuning and having full power for all tuning for that color...Not to mention better diodes and quality is 2nd to none period less larf which is more smokeable buds u get ...Plus their customer service and everyone who works their is amazing and more than happy to help not there to take your money and run ....And waterproof which if your not ipm and keeping up on sterilizing and cleaning your room after every grow it's only gna bite u in the ass later..And maybe even a entire crop ruined....
And if u run a mini split that better be getting foamed cleaned and steamed washed frequently too even after every grow too which most ppl don't know that either

scynce let’s us know 2.0 does 1000 ppfd at 6-9 inches. I saw that “even distribution” map. Why a 6-9 inch range? Did scynce take corner/edge measurements at 6 inch and center measurements at 9 inch to get that ppfd distribution map?

It was not generated by a third party but by scynce. I wasn’t going to pre order a light without field reviews by growers on YouTube.

roi 720 has a proven ppfd map and it’s 1000 in the center at 15 inches! That means at 6-9 inches roi would beat 2.0 by maybe 200 ppfd.

roi is designed for covering 5x5, 2.0 for 4.5x4.5

roi has more light, more light coverage and costs less

Phdaddywolf

Phdaddywolf

Hi all
New to the forums, but long time lurker.

Looking for some feedback that falls more under objective then subjective, even though I know people get passionate about lighting and there's no black and white when it comes to lighting.

Budget isn't a concern, higher quality lighting/options is. I get that some of you swear by Alibaba QBs, HLG, Spider Farmer, etc, but I'm not interested to go that route. I've picked out my three finalist.

Setup:
  • 4x4 tent, hydro w/drip irrigation, well ventilated, yada yada. 6 plants. No co2 at this time, would consider for future grows.
Choices:
  • (Two) Electric Sky ES300 V2 from Green Sunshine co. I'm super intrigued by the wideband spectrum, as I believe in the Emerson Effect. I've read some good success stories of early flowering and nice fat buds. The FR spectrum has value in my opinion. I also like the fact that they don't spike up the blue, causing plants to be too compact. Appears they dialed in the blue just right for a healthy stretch. Built-in dimming is a plus as well in case I need it. Nice helpful folks and customer service has been a pleasure so far.
    • With that said, I'd love to hear from folks who have grown under these lights - specifically the V2 version of the ES300.
  • I was originally looking at the Spydr 2x, but after talking with Fluence and asking a ton of questions, the 2x would be a bit under-powered for my needs and it appears that the 2p will still give me a healthy full spectrum without the need for co2. Of course co2 would be an added benefit one day. I like that they are made in the US, have great customer support, and PPFD gives respectable numbers. Seems like it'll give me great coverage in the 4x4.
  • Late to my game is the Raging Kush from ScynceLED. Dug into a rabbit hole of research, and I'm intrigued by their spectrum tuning and reciepe building capabilities. Although one has to think, it that more so marketing hype than reality? I mean how many of us are true experts and know that this plant needs a 20% more blue or 10% less green? The idea is interesting though, as with all the other lights you are stuck with whatever the manufacturer deems the right spectrum. I like mid-level blues and greens, and heavier red with a touch of far red. That's why the ES300 is appealing to me, but if I can replicate the same spectrum here, this looks like a solid offering. Good looking par map too.
From all my reading on these forums, I know this thread is bound to go outside of my above question, but let's try to keep it focused on these three models if possible. I know we have a great community of growers who are super passionate and helpful, hoping to tap into that for a well educated discussion and ultimate decision.

Any feedback/experience on the above would be greatly appreciated!

So what light did you end up going with and what were your results?

larryhashcall

larryhashcall

Curious to know what your decision was. Would love to know more about the 2.0

Top Bottom