ED R. says ph should be 6.2 or higher!

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Was just reading this from an ask Ed, what do you all think about this? I always thought hydro ph should be 5.2 - 6.2 with 5.8-6 perfect...

"I have read articles and fertilizer instructions that have advised a pH of 6.0 or lower. Every time I have tried it hydroponically, the plants suffered from nutrient imbalances. Using the same nutrients at 6.3-6.6 produced much better results." --Quote from Ed Rosenthal http://quicktrading.com/askedcolumn.asp?column=57

Ideas? Opinions?

J

Jalisco Kid

Go back and read jorge's and ed's books that last 15 years, you could right a book on misinformation. My pineapple can not take big ph swings without missing with my leaves. I have seen bio sys let the ph go where ever it went and the plants looked healthy.Your plants will show you the way,problem is most growers change there line up. Now there are so many strains available we got to try them all. If you grew the same strains 5 or 6 times on 2 rezs you would know where to set the ph. There is no right answer on some things. I have found for me I do better growing a few strains and trading for others.JK

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Was just reading this from an ask Ed, what do you all think about this? I always thought hydro ph should be 5.2 - 6.2 with 5.8-6 perfect...

"I have read articles and fertilizer instructions that have advised a pH of 6.0 or lower. Every time I have tried it hydroponically, the plants suffered from nutrient imbalances. Using the same nutrients at 6.3-6.6 produced much better results." --Quote from Ed Rosenthal http://quicktrading.com/askedcolumn.asp?column=57

Ideas? Opinions?
Proper PH for hydro is 5.5-6.1
Perfect PH in hydro is 5.8-6.0 IMO. Nutrient uptake is at its sweet spot in that range..
I have only seen problems in hydro when PH is 6.3-6.6 bad problems man.. For soil that would be fine and optimal between 6.3-6.8.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah i'm sorry but i've found a lot of bullshit in a lot of grow books. Seems to me that some ppl get famous just because there aren't very many ppl to compete with in the grow guide industry. Anybody new to the game sees the book and thinkgs, "well gee golly, this guy done wrote a book, he must know his shit." I would love to see him back that claim up with pics. I know i'd never run my res that high!

B

boxmunch9

I never calibrated my PH/PPM pen when I bought it a couple years back. Used it for over a year without a single problem. sometimes I figure my PH was well below 5 and my PPM was over well over 2000. beautiful results no burn, go figure

Latest posts

Top Bottom