Edibles and Decarb

• Thread starter Jonjere5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jonjere5

Wondering if I can make canna butter with fresh buds and does it HAVE to be decarbed??

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You only have to decarb it if you want the thc activated. So if you don’t want to get high, then don’t decarb

We dont decarb for coconut oil used in chocolates and muffins.

I cure the close trim and small or loose buds alongside the jars of the best buds.

That decarbs it some. Then the boiling during extraction decarbs more. Then the baking decarbs even more.

The edibles are very potent. Mrs. Mmg’s muffins are equal to 4 chocolate candies. Very few patients can handle a whole muffin. And they get you high and stoned for hours. So we had to make something much less potent for functional use.

Maybe decarbing would activate some left over but no one would be able to take it. Lol.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

We dont decarb for coconut oil used in chocolates and muffins.

I cure the close trim and small or loose buds alongside the jars of the best buds.

That decarbs it some. Then the boiling during extraction decarbs more. Then the baking decarbs even more.

The edibles are very potent. Mrs. Mmg’s muffins are equal to 4 chocolate candies. Very few patients can handle a whole muffin. And they get you high and stoned for hours. So we had to make something much less potent for functional use.

Maybe decarbing would activate some left over but no one would be able to take it. Lol.

Get your product tested. Then decarb in oil - basic math will give you 90+% accuracy. Then apply dosages properly and then you can have repeatable experiences. I used to make edibles in many different ways. The issue was consistency. Have found using my ardent I get consistent results, and when I infuse I have a pretty good idea of the mgThc/ml. So now I can fine tune my edibles depending on what I want for an experience. I also like to make the most efficient use of my flowers, so if I’m not activating it all then I’m wasting.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Get your product tested. Then decarb in oil - basic math will give you 90+% accuracy. Then apply dosages properly and then you can have repeatable experiences. I used to make edibles in many different ways. The issue was consistency. Have found using my ardent I get consistent results, and when I infuse I have a pretty good idea of the mgThc/ml. So now I can fine tune my edibles depending on what I want for an experience. I also like to make the most efficient use of my flowers, so if I’m not activating it all then I’m wasting.

The product is quite consistant. And the thc content is only part of the entourage effect.

The dispensary and my old caregiver decarbs. Our edibles are much stronger than others we have tried.

I do notice a fuzzier strong short lived effect from decarbed product.

I think the quality of the flowers matters more.

The mg of thc converted is not a good indicator of actual potency in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom