Efficient AC unit for 4x4 grow tent

• Thread starter Zunk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Very nice aquaman!

Nice build and pictures.
Do you remember how strong your extractor fan for that 4x4 was ?
Appreciate your input

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very nice aquaman!

Nice build and pictures.
Appreciate your input
That was a 4" PoS vivosun... I changed it 3 months later when it was ready to fly apart to a T4 cloudiness and that fans is still running today 24/7.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

T4 is keeping your 4x4 in check ? Nice. I looked it up and it seemed to me to be a bit low in cfm but that depends on the heat buildup and such I guess..

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Looking for an efficient and also not to expensive AC unit to put in my grow tent. Also just thinking about putting a window ac in the room. Not sure how efficient that will
Very nice aquaman!

Nice build and pictures.
Appreciate your input
I am a retired HVAC engineer, I could help you, but I need to know some more details. Also if you're going to put AC in a tent, the hot air discharge needs to vent outside of the building somehow or it will just heat up the room and make it work much less efficiently. I need to know how much equipment and what is in the tent as far as fans, D dehumidification, what lights you're running Etc.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello and thank you for reaching out. Much appreciated.

Its a room in the top floor/loft with one window. One 4x4 tent and one 2x4. There is no ventilation canals i can take use of. Its an old house.

In the 4x4
720 w led boards in total. Drivers mounted in the roof. Plan on getting hold of longer cables so I can Mount them outside of tent.

2 x oscillating 20w fans.
1 too small filter and one extractor fan. Its in the 200-300 cfm range i think.

Not running dehumidifer or humidifier. Have access to it though.

The 2x4 seems to be doing allright but its the veg tent.

I have tried to duct heat out the window but it seems to be little efficient. It seems to mix with the air coming in.

So now its just blowing heat straight up out top of the tents.

This room is not insulated.

In winters it can be -25 degree celsius and in summer it goes to 30 degrees, some days

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Hello and thank you for reaching out. Much appreciated.

Its a room in the top floor/loft with one window. One 4x4 tent and one 2x4. There is no ventilation canals i can take use of. Its an old house.

In the 4x4
720 w led boards in total. Drivers mounted in the roof. Plan on getting hold of longer cables so I can Mount them outside of tent.

2 x oscillating 20w fans.
1 too small filter and one extractor fan. Its in the 200-300 cfm range i think.

Not running dehumidifer or humidifier. Have access to it though.

The 2x4 seems to be doing allright but its the veg tent.

I have tried to duct heat out the window but it seems to be little efficient. It seems to mix with the air coming in.

So now its just blowing heat straight up out top of the tents.

This room is not insulated.

In winters it can be -25 degree celsius and in summer it goes to 30 degrees, some days
OK When I get back I'll do a load Calc, your best bet is to put a window air conditioner in the window that you have an cool the roWhen I get back I'll do a load Calc, your best bet is to put a window air conditioner in the window that you have an cool room itself and run tents at a negetive pressure. Would take care of all the issues and you wouldn't have to duct anything. What is the size of the room?

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

The room is 2.64 m width x 2.80 m length and 2.20m up to the roof. The sides of the roof is angled a bit.

M is meter

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Yes thats a helluva tent. But the tent is 120cm x 120 cm (4x4) in this room. :)

Is there something important i have left out ? I have had such huge temp swings that the plants in the 4x4 is not doing too well. Those in the 2x4 are more packed and the temp is more spot on there. Have been considering to throw out the flowers and start a new. Can post photos later today when lights go on..

Would be a little bit Sad to throw it out but ..yea. time will show

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes thats a helluva tent. But the tent is 120cm x 120 cm (4x4) in this room. :)

Is there something important i have left out ? I have had such huge temp swings that the plants in the 4x4 is not doing too well. Those in the 2x4 are more packed and the temp is more spot on there. Have been considering to throw out the flowers and start a new. Can post photos later today when lights go on..

Would be a little bit Sad to throw it out but ..yea. time will show
Oh geeze... lol. That's the room dimensions my bad.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Thanks a lot for your response. Much appreciated.

I have been looking for window ac. I have not seen it in my country. I will look for portable ac with a window fitting maybe..with a 12000btu rating.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Any of you tokin close to your ac's ? Have that been a problem ?

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Any of you tokin close to your ac's ? Have that been a problem ?
It shouldn't be in a window. It doesn't pull air out of the room it recirculates the room air, the heat is removed via the refrigerant in the refrigeration loop. Your good buddy

Top Bottom