Egg timer to turn pump back ON after a short period of time?

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I have this problem - I forget to turn the pump back on after doing stuff in the reservoir. Then things get bad.

The solution is obvious to me, but I have no idea how to find the product if it even exists - I need an electrical plug that has a timer so that it will allow me to turn the pump off, but automatically turn back on after like a minute or two... maximum 15 minutes, so that if i forget to turn it back on again after i'm done in there, it does it for me.

Any idea if this product exists?

Most of the things i'm finding are designed to turn things off, but I need it to go on.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I had the same problem with my CO2 - unplug it to work in the tent and forget to turn it back on.

I ended up making my own devices to do this, but something like this might work

If you want to make your own and have electronics skills, I can help you.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I had the same problem with my CO2 - unplug it to work in the tent and forget to turn it back on.

I ended up making my own devices to do this, but something like this might work

If you want to make your own and have electronics skills, I can help you.
That's an auto - off, does it work backwards?

Habosabin

Habosabin

Gosund is the brand and app. It's a basic round smart plug. I'll try and dig up the receipt.

Habosabin

Habosabin

They don't seem to have the exact brand on Amazon anymore but it looks exactly like this.

Screenshot 20230130 143205 Amazon Shopping
Habosabin

Habosabin

I always forget to turn off my shed light so I use this app and turn it on with a timer to turn off. But it also works in reverse if you set the timer on something off it turns on when it ends.

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

The digital pump @steamroller recommended for me has a controller with a button labeled "feed" that pauses it for 10min or something. It otherwise runs constantly. I dont think you were necessarily looking to replace your pump and the others have given you good solutions, but it's a solution nonetheless so I figured I'd mention it.

steamroller

steamroller

The Jeboa DC pumps I keep pushing have a feed button that shuts the pump off for 10 minutes then starts back up.
Never thought that would be a bonus ,but I guess it is.
Other bonuses are the pump is digital so when you want to slow it down, you use less electricity.
It is DC so the transformer/powerswitcher is outside of the res. Resulting in lower temps being manageable without chillers.
Taken from this page; https://finderscheapers.com/Search....ddecf324192e&anqp_queryString=jebao+dcp+15000

@Cool_Beans, I love when people listen, learn, and share! đź’Ş

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

The Jeboa DC pumps I keep pushing have a feed button that shuts the pump off for 10 minutes then starts back up.
Never thought that would be a bonus ,but I guess it is.
Other bonuses are the pump is digital so when you want to slow it down, you use less electricity.
It is DC so the transformer/powerswitcher is outside of the res. Resulting in lower temps being manageable without chillers.
Taken from this page; https://finderscheapers.com/Search....ddecf324192e&anqp_queryString=jebao+dcp+15000

@Cool_Beans, I love when people listen, learn, and share! đź’Ş
I'm talking ez-cloner 32 site... not a big pump... 450gph

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I always forget to turn off my shed light so I use this app and turn it on with a timer to turn off. But it also works in reverse if you set the timer on something off it turns on when it ends.
Do I need google home or alexa? WTF is google home anyway can i just use an app on my phone?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Just the app. Alexa just makes plugs like that more useful and voice controlled. With a little thought you can control your whole grow this way. All environmental controls. I use it.

Top Bottom