electrical panel yay or nay

• Thread starter Kepp89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kepp89

Kepp89

pictured is my electrical..."panel". top board is secured by 4 screws (2.5" deck screw) through a steel plate then into the joist.
then i have the "panel" hooked up the same way with 2x4's secured in the back to hammer the ebox's into. the steel plates secure to the boards with 2 wood screws 1" long.

the panel does have some give but with the steel plates (2.5mm thick), the wood wont split over time and give way to the weight so i think i'm good? i imagine i'd have to fall into the panel with all my weight at which point the joist would split before the panel board considering the steel plate? i just have to hold the board steady when i unplug/plug in things.

is this something i need to re-do so its actually secured properly or is this sufficient? i imagine someone on here has experimented with this? it will be on the back/side of my tent and wont be easily accessible in terms of accidentally bumping into it. i'll have a table in the walk around path blocking the way. i'm trying to avoid putting holes into the basement floor/wall.

Electrical panel yay or nay
Electrical panel yay or nay 2
Electrical panel yay or nay 3
Kepp89

Kepp89

Wow... what's total amps you are trying to run on all of those.. might have to split then up..IDK what you have for power down there..but I'd say na
yeah i did. single pole 20a breakers per side. the one picture from the side was taken last night before i finalized the run for the second breaker. each outlet is on its own gcfi line, all wired from the line side of the one above it with pigtail grounds.

4 lights i think is 11 amps and change so that'll be the right side along with the small co2 auto off system
then the other breaker (left half of the panel) will be for everything else. i imagine i wont need a heater with cmh bulbs

but i'm more asking about the panel being secured the way its secured. wondering if anyone else did this and found it on the floor one night

basscaptain

basscaptain

lol your KOOL looks like something I would do for myself...... not a paying person...... But Yes for me...lol

put a 5 gal on each side so it doesn't move ..... and Run It>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

might plug all equitment in before you move the tent back,some things wont run on a gfci repticaul,my t5ho would not,im not understanding the metal plate ,but all should work,that is a lot of plugs in series though,good luck,i did pretty much same thing ,but i went into the sheetrock and studs for suport,same gig with plywood and framed in were it went across wall and sent 3 in screws into studs ,when i broke down the room ,out the screws and just had screw holes in sheetrock like a normal house would have

Duddles

Duddles

I have to admit, I'm stoned out of my gourd so I don't understand a single thing you guys are talking about so here's a video of Peanut.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Are they actually wired in series? I'm guessing they are... That's not advisable. You should have them wired in parallel, as it is now you'll have the load passing through each outlet. Fine for something like Christmas lights... But for a growroom you want it wired in parallel.
I'm also gonna vote Na..

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I never run more than 2 outlets on a 20a breaker for a grow room.

Kepp89

Kepp89

Are they actually wired in series? I'm guessing they are... That's not advisable. You should have them wired in parallel, as it is now you'll have the load passing through each outlet. Fine for something like Christmas lights... But for a growroom you want it wired in parallel.
I'm also gonna vote Na..
They’re connected to the “line” from the outlet above, yeah. but not the load side. Only the line side. The gcfi has 2 spots for line — the load terminals are not connected to/from any outlet. Ground is pigged. All gcfi can trip individually without tripping another outlet in the line.

I’m no electrician so wordage might be wrong but I know no load terminals were used

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They’re connected to the “line” from the outlet above, yeah. but not the load side. Only the line side. The gcfi has 2 spots for line — the load terminals are not connected to/from any outlet. Ground is pigged. All gcfi can trip individually without tripping another outlet in the line.

I’m no electrician so wordage might be wrong but I know no load terminals were used
Yeah I'm no electrician either but I've done a lot of electrical work. I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, but if you're not running to the next outlet off the load side it should be ok. It should look like this.
586b9ab66293b5e3aadb55879b3f08f4

Kepp89

Kepp89

Yeah I'm no electrician either but I've done a lot of electrical work. I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, but if you're not running to the next outlet off the load side it should be ok. It should look like this.View attachment 930029
Cool yeah that’s how they’re wired only the outlet has 2 spots for the hot and 2 spots for the neutral line and then the load is underneath not being user. Lenovo FTW.

Top Bottom