Eliminating Aphids during flowering????

• Thread starter jonnynu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm a good 3 weeks into flowering and found aphids...what is the best way to get rid of these at this stage of flowering>>>>>>>>>>>

MeJuana

MeJuana

Jonny is it root aphids or up top? If they are just up top I would go for lady bugs I believe, roots I would go for something to kill them but you didn't list your medium.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
theres a spray they sell at homedepot. its an oil base i forget the name my bro used it on his apple trees and it worked wonders.

MeJuana

MeJuana

420OGFarmhand recommended the two products I have hard good things about

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
flroimite? you cant use that in flowering and i wouldnt use the other one as well.

florimite stays on the plant for quite soemtime. its aphids not godzilla

C

crippled1

The Floramite label does not mention that it is effective for any bugs other than mites. Why would you want to use it for aphids?
You might be better off making your own nicotine spray.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Got this one handled a few weeks ago...when it comes to aphids Azatrol is nearly instantanious in its effects..talked to a coop owner of mine that supplies clones in the area. We were going back and forth between using a Dr Doom Bomb and the Azatrol.

Since the room wasn't that big at all 10 x 10 and since I didn't really want to deal with the clean up of the bomb that gets into everything, I decided to use the Azatrol that I had on hand and made sure that the hudson sparyer that I used was cranked up well so that I could get a signigicant amount of pressure when sparying UNDER the leaves which is where most of them are hangin out.

I waited until the lights went out and used a green light so it wouldn't affect the light schedule of the grow. Actually, you could do this just prior to the lights going out and get the same results. Anyway, I sprayed the hell out of them (top and bottom) and the next morning they had been stopped in their tracks. Keep in mind, I caught them early, I needed a magnifiying glasss to see them and even then it was tough, but aphids they were, no doubt...love the Azatrol..shits expensive but no more aphids...

BTW, just to make sure I didn't get a reaccurance I've been using Azamax which allows you to use it right up to harvest according to the directions and they'r both natural and not harmful to the plants...one a week..haven't seen a gnat or aphid since and they're all happy....no bugs!

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Floramite SC for those dreaded spider mites...forget about the Azatrol and Azamax...pray you don't get them when it cost's $300 for 32 Ozs....Sprider Mites come from the outside somewhere....Roses etc...if you work outside NEVER walk into a grow room without having to deal with the consequences that are horendous...let your gardener do it and stay out of those outside plants!!!!!!!

K

keyplay

Good to hear you got it handled Johnny...I'm trying the the GH Azamax as we speak on some outdoor girls and boys coming indoors...seems to be doing the trick...

T

The Pheno

I believe when it comes to flowering you shouldn't use anything that is not natural. Try regular sand (thats not too fine or else it will clog the roots) a complete layer of sand on top of your soil. If your like me and must touch the soil to see how moist it is buy a light,moise,ph two prone unit that cost like $12 bucks and stick it in the pot then you wanna test the moister.

I have this exact problem and just tried gonat's but with no luck at all and now I will try this sand trick tomorrow.

Top Bottom