Emergency To Hot For Drying/Curing

• Thread starter Slap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slap

Slap

Please any knowledge to help with my emergency!!!

I had a sudden change with where I have to dry buds. I will be using a grow tent, in my garage.. Right now it is still in the 100's. Way to hot in my garage. Tested the tent temps. inside was at 94° 10% RH . I'm looking into a small portable air conditioner I might be able to blow through vent holes that are on the bottom of tent. My question is, will the A/C or air evaporator cause a problem with the drying process? As long as I don't have it blowing directly on buds. Not sure which one will be the best or if it will work for DIY. I'm so frustrated right now, after all the time I put into these plants for it to go wrong now!

CF89

CF89

Air conditioners lower the humidity.

why not just get a $30 humidifier off eBay. And maybe get super fancy and get the $50 inkbird controller to really keep it perfect. That’s my plan at least.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Yeah, humidifier is a good way. Swamp cooler is another cheap method. Even cheaper is a bowl of ice and a fan or a wet towel and a fan, basically using evaporative cooling. Rough spot to be in, but you can make the best of it.

growsince79

growsince79

I had a sudden change with where I have to dry buds. I will be using a grow tent, in my garage.. Right now it is still in the 100's. Way to hot in my garage. Tested the tent temps. inside was at 94° 10% RH . I'm looking into a small portable air conditioner I might be able to blow through vent holes that are on the bottom of tent. My question is, will the A/C or air evaporator cause a problem with the drying process? As long as I don't have it blowing directly on buds. Not sure which one will be the best or if it will work for DIY. I'm so frustrated right now, after all the time I put into these plants for it to go wrong now!
Not an emergency at all. It just means your buds won't be as perfect as they could have been. If its good weed it will still be good just not perfect. You can hang just a few days and move to jars indoors where its cooler. Or you could buy a mini fridge and dry in that.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
a drying room should have a heater, humidifier, dehumidifier, fan, fresh air, air conditioner., always in complete DARKNESS.. you use what you have too, to maintain the temp/hum during drying and curing. A very basic dry/cure which should turn out descent will have temps between 65-75 and humidity around 50-60.. probably like that for 2 weeks before jarring at basically the same temp/hum.. that’s a very basic way..

BudBogart

BudBogart

Add a humidifier, they are cheap. They sell portable air conditioners with hoses you stick out a window, or in your case, under the tent.
The aforementioned bucket of ice with a small fan should work well in your situation. Good luck.

weed_weasel

weed_weasel

Do you have a basement? I have a pantry room in my basement, it's cool, dark and about 50% humidity. I put a hook in the ceiling to hang my mesh drying rack. Takes about 10 days. I wet trim mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom