EMI/RF... HPS or LED, ballasts, etc.

• Thread starter DinoSlayer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DinoSlayer

Hello all. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with getting EMI/RF interruptions from their grow setups. I am looking at finding an ideal light source however I am worried about the EMI/RF disruption that comes from electronic ballasts and LED COB setups. Any input would be appreciated.

D

DinoSlayer

May have found my answer. Revolution Micro DEva 1000w light or use a Galaxy ballast.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I used galaxy ballasts for uears and had no rf issues. Now i have replaced with solis tek and also no rf interference noticed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think most ballast manufacturers worked out the RF noise issues and shielded them with essentially mini faraday cages inside them. I've used probably a half dozen different types of digital HID ballasts over the last 10 years and have never had an RF issue. Sometimes with 80 or more ballasts in the room we would get very slight fuzzing in the AM radio but not really anymore than the usual static you normally pick up. Under 10 ballasts I dont think there would be much if any detectable RF given off.

Top Bottom