Employment In Oregon - Portland Metro The Ups And Downs

• Thread starter Trixxi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trixxi

Trixxi

I have been unemployed for 4 months because I made the decision to quit working for a large cannabis grow. It was a legal grow but there were so many bad things about the job that lead me to make that irrational decision to quit. With my time I am still growing plants and mastered the 1oz to 1 gallon grow which I aim to improve. I was wondering how long it has taken other people to find jobs in the industry? I have experience, education, the whole nine yards. I am dancing again (and I have not done it in YEARS) just to have a little income to cover my expenses and grow. I have interviewed over seven times and have been thoroughly humbled by my experience.

Going back to school and taking horticulture classes also, have been able to afford my school expenses and in some ways grateful for the dancing income but also want to find a way out. Any suggestions, advice I am looking for. I would like to share my resume with people and get ideas on how to improve it as well as ideas about how to interview.

Thank you - attachment is a picture of a top bud of Kali Mist I harvested a few months ago

Employment in oregon   portland metro the ups and downs
Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Hello Trixxi. Kudos to you for standing by your principles and standards, although it is hitting you in the pocketbook to do so. Maintain the up spirit and in time things should work out. I am still several months out from dropping my first OLCC seed, so I cannot offer any help at the moment. For your sake I hope something good comes your way, soon! With prime time upon us, I have a feeling you will be back in the mix quickly! I am not a techno writer, but would be glad to help critique. Again, I have a feeling you will be swimming in friendly and warm waters soon!

Peace!

Derf

Trixxi

Trixxi

Thank you for offering assistance! It is a comfort to know that I am not alone in this. I will PM you.

Hello Trixxi. Kudos to you for standing by your principles and standards, although it is hitting you in the pocketbook to do so. Maintain the up spirit and in time things should work out. I am still several months out from dropping my first OLCC seed, so I cannot offer any help at the moment. For your sake I hope something good comes your way, soon! With prime time upon us, I have a feeling you will be back in the mix quickly! I am not a techno writer, but would be glad to help critique. Again, I have a feeling you will be swimming in friendly and warm waters soon!

Peace!

Derf

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

There is big Canna events always going on somewhere in Portland, networking is pretty much king in this industry. I have met a few great ppl at those events, and Indo Expo is coming up in a few months. That's always a good one to go to as well. Best of luck!

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

@Trixxi Well, it has been a good month since you have last commented on your thread. Hopefully we can assume you splashed into something and are now swimming in pleasant waters?

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I have been unemployed for 4 months because I made the decision to quit working for a large cannabis grow. It was a legal grow but there were so many bad things about the job that lead me to make that irrational decision to quit. With my time I am still growing plants and mastered the 1oz to 1 gallon grow which I aim to improve. I was wondering how long it has taken other people to find jobs in the industry? I have experience, education, the whole nine yards. I am dancing again (and I have not done it in YEARS) just to have a little income to cover my expenses and grow. I have interviewed over seven times and have been thoroughly humbled by my experience.

Going back to school and taking horticulture classes also, have been able to afford my school expenses and in some ways grateful for the dancing income but also want to find a way out. Any suggestions, advice I am looking for. I would like to share my resume with people and get ideas on how to improve it as well as ideas about how to interview.

Thank you - attachment is a picture of a top bud of Kali Mist I harvested a few months ago

What were some of the Bad things with the job I am curious I would love to work on a legal grow I live in Cali and hate my job lol curious on how it is in the legal pot industry :)

Trixxi

Trixxi

Hello friends I am back online. I got a few seasonal cannabis grows under my belt in some green houses and now I am back to being unemployed and ... getting out the 6 inch heels for a return to the stage ...
I hope to make enough to do another semester of my horticulture classes at Clackamas. Friends in the community please PM as I am available to help in your gardens in a number of ways, IPM, sanitization, plant propagation, create compost teas, plant crop planning!

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Best wishes for continued success in your studies and adventures!!

Dan789

Dan789

This member with skills can't be the only one in need of employment nor can all the growers have full teams. Seems like a no-brainer for a "legal jobs" available forum or "situations wanted"?

Top Bottom