End Of 14th Week Of Flower, Still No Trich Change.

• Thread starter Midnite Tokr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Hey ya'all, I'm growing a lady I was told was Sour D. However, now idk. Its been growing for 136 days, and flowering for 14.5 weeks. No trich ambering yet. Trichs have been white, milky fat headed bitches for over a month. Pistil growth is still trucking right along, and new buds are still setting in. It's under 12/12 400w hps, potting mix, Fox Farm nutes, Cal Mag boosts, 3.5 gallon bucket, and scrogger out nicely. I've had Sativa's go 16 week flowers, but by now trichs had started to amber, new pistil growth stopped etc. What's going on here? Aaaannnnd GO!!!

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

14.5 week flower? Shit better trim itself for a long run like that. Is it revegging or has it since flip?
Any pics? If the trichs are cloudy and milky, if chop her. It would be more of a head high be body.
I don't have pics now, will take some tonight and post them. No revegging, I sex all my plants from seed at an early age, and separate males for breeding, or for the trash can, then they all go back under 24 hour lights to finish their veg cycle.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Put up a pic of the whole plant under normal lighting and some close-ups.

How much are you feeding her?
She gets fed every other watering. She uses a LOT of water, a gallon or more every 3 days. (I try to keep RH -30% entire flower) she gets 7ml of super cal mag, 10ml of Fox Farm Tiger Bloom, and 5ml of Fox Farm Big Bloom per gallon of water every 6 days. I increased the Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom slightly because leaves were starting to show signs of needing more nitrogen, red stems and yellowing leaves stopped after a slight adjustment, but buds are STILL being produced, NEW buds, new white pistils daily. A friend said it may be a straight, 100% sativa landrace strain. But idk. I've never had a sativa flower this long without ambering trichs.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'd cut back on her diet especially on N and start cutting light cycle towards 10/14. If true pure sativa she could also go 20 weeks.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

I'd cut back on her diet especially on N and start cutting light cycle towards 10/14. If true pure sativa she could also go 20 weeks.
What would the 4 extra hours of night do? I was going to start her 2 week flush at 16 weeks, hoping the extra week and a half would allow more time for trichs to amber. I haven't chopped her yet because buds are still growing taller, fatter, and pistil development has barely slown down. I'm worried I'd be sacrificing yield by chopping her early. Her pistils are all still 95% white as well. Here and there some are withering, and turning orangish brown, but the majority are bright white and straight as an arrow. I've seen some plants whose posts never change, always white even at 50/50 trich ambering, but they withered, and none changed orange/red/brown. I have seen a few videos online with 20 week or more flowers, but they were exotic strains, landraces etc. I have no F'n clue what I have growing here, but I'm sure as shit almost certain it is not the Sour D seed I was told it was. The guy I got it from looked a little reptilian..... Lmfao
Maybe it's an alien sativa hahaha

Toaster79

Toaster79

What would the 4 extra hours of night do? I was going to start her 2 week flush at 16 weeks, hoping the extra week and a half would allow more time for trichs to amber. I haven't chopped her yet because buds are still growing taller, fatter, and pistil development has barely slown down. I'm worried I'd be sacrificing yield by chopping her early. Her pistils are all still 95% white as well. Here and there some are withering, and turning orangish brown, but the majority are bright white and straight as an arrow. I've seen some plants whose posts never change, always white even at 50/50 trich ambering, but they withered, and none changed orange/red/brown. I have seen a few videos online with 20 week or more flowers, but they were exotic strains, landraces etc. I have no F'n clue what I have growing here, but I'm sure as shit almost certain it is not the Sour D seed I was told it was. The guy I got it from looked a little reptilian..... Lmfao
Maybe it's an alien sativa hahaha

Extra 2 hours not 4. Your plant will finish faster. Never heard of it? Some run 10 weekers on 11/13 and have them done in 9 weeks.

Here are some pics. It's under hps lighting tho, sorry, only lighting I have in my little tent room is 800w of hps lol.

You're overfeeding and your throwing excessive ammount of N at her. That's the problem.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Extra 2 hours not 4. Your plant will finish faster. Never heard of it? Some run 10 weekers on 11/13 and have them done in 9 weeks.

You're overfeeding and your throwing excessive ammount of N at her. That's the problem.
I'll try dropping the lighting down, I don't want to affect bud size tho. I don't care if it runs 20 weeks to reach its max potential, but Id rather not do anything that will even slightly reduce it reaching its max potential. I did cut out the nutes for a few waterings. The plant auffered almost immediately. Leaves started to turn fall colors, stems reddened, all signs of N deficiency. My pH is always between 6-6.5, so wasn't a pH issue. Once I resumed the nutes as usual, within a few days it was back to lookomg healthy, no new leaves yellowed, stems cleared up etc. Pretty sure the nutes aren't the issue. She seems happy and healthy as an ox, lol. Just wasnt sure why she wasnt turning trich colors yet. I imagine if she is a 20 weeker, they will start to amber in about a week amd a half, 2 weeks.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'll try dropping the lighting down, I don't want to affect bud size tho. I don't care if it runs 20 weeks to reach its max potential, but Id rather not do anything that will even slightly reduce it reaching its max potential. I did cut out the nutes for a few waterings. The plant auffered almost immediately. Leaves started to turn fall colors, stems reddened, all signs of N deficiency. My pH is always between 6-6.5, so wasn't a pH issue. Once I resumed the nutes as usual, within a few days it was back to lookomg healthy, no new leaves yellowed, stems cleared up etc. Pretty sure the nutes aren't the issue. She seems happy and healthy as an ox, lol. Just wasnt sure why she wasnt turning trich colors yet. I imagine if she is a 20 weeker, they will start to amber in about a week amd a half, 2 weeks.

When those leaves started turning pale the plant started gettimg ready to finish its life cycle. Then you bombed your plant with excess nutes instead starting to flush slownly and you plant decided to continue its flower cycle and reveg at the same time. You totally blew this one.

Signs of overfeeding:
Screenshot 20170621 162232

You've got scorched leaves - overfeeding, dark green leaves clawing - typical N tox

Single fingered leaves:

Screenshot 20170621 162346

Screenshot 20170621 162327

Again dark green leaves with single leaflets with no or barely any serration - textbook case of reveg.

If you continue like that she'll go another 6 months.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

When those leaves started turning pale the plant started gettimg ready to finish its life cycle. Then you bombed your plant with excess nutes instead starting to flush slownly and you plant decided to continue its flower cycle and reveg at the same time. You totally blew this one.

Signs of overfeeding:
View attachment 712266

You've got scorched leaves - overfeeding, dark green leaves clawing - typical N tox

Single fingered leaves:

View attachment 712267

View attachment 712268

Again dark green leaves with single leaflets with no or barely any serration - textbook case of reveg.

Those scorched leaves are from underside of buds, that I lifted up above netting. This plant even in veg, from sprout till now, barely had any leaf serrations. It was nute burnt about 5 weeks ago, those are remnants of that burn as those buds were grown horizontal, and not verticals, the side you're seeing today, was yesterday's bottom, so those leaves are old. I've never heard of a plant revegging during flower. Once a plants in 12/12, and in the swing of flowering, it will not typically produce new leaves. Hence why trimming off all your fan leaves during flower will seriously screw up your plant, all its energy is being used to propagate itself, producing buds, not leaves. I wish I had early pics of these buds. No pistils could be seen at all. The leaves grew 2 distinct different sets and shapes. One grew leaves that curled almost sideways and down, all around every pistil set, protecting them like shields. The others grew above these, directly against them and were just single fingered but very long, growing straight out in alternating patterns up and around buds. The tips of leaves growing from buds aren't yellowed, first sign of an overload of N. No scorch marks have popped up for weeks, and I'm using nutes designed for flowering. Low on N, high in P and K. Same as I always use.
You checked your timers yet?
Yep, all timers are dialed in and performing perfectly.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Those scorched leaves are from underside of buds, that I lifted up above netting. This plant even in veg, from sprout till now, barely had any leaf serrations. It was nute burnt about 5 weeks ago, those are remnants of that burn as those buds were grown horizontal, and not verticals, the side you're seeing today, was yesterday's bottom, so those leaves are old. I've never heard of a plant revegging during flower. Once a plants in 12/12, and in the swing of flowering, it will not typically produce new leaves. Hence why trimming off all your fan leaves during flower will seriously screw up your plant, all its energy is being used to propagate itself, producing buds, not leaves. I wish I had early pics of these buds. No pistils could be seen at all. The leaves grew 2 distinct different sets and shapes. One grew leaves that curled almost sideways and down, all around every pistil set, protecting them like shields. The others grew above these, directly against them and were just single fingered but very long, growing straight out in alternating patterns up and around buds. The tips of leaves growing from buds aren't yellowed, first sign of an overload of N. No scorch marks have popped up for weeks, and I'm using nutes designed for flowering. Low on N, high in P and K. Same as I always use.

Yep, all timers are dialed in and performing perfectly.

You just discribed one distressed and reveging plant. Your excess N is comming from your calmag.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Signs of overfeeding:
View attachment 712266

Single fingered leaves:

View attachment 712267

View attachment 712268

However I did start sexing plants with this one, for 3 weeks then when pistils developed, put back in flower, and if it grew a dick and balls, I threw it out. This one started with 5 indica's months ago. I had no room in flower tent due to my one indica going apeshit and really shading this scrog out, so I revenged it while the indica's went threw flower. Idk if sexing it, and a second reveg may have made it a bit wacky. I do know that it is developing buds still, as I watch them.grow daily, taller, fatter, and bigger around.

Toaster79

Toaster79

One more thing. Your plant doesn't have too much to do with a pure sative. Its a hybrid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom