• Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Highlander

This is an email i just received from ASA

US Attorney General Says Ending DEA Raids "Now American Policy"
A message from our friends at ASA (Americans for Safe Access):

Dear ASA Supporter,

Speaking at a press conference on Feb. 25 with DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters that ending federal medical marijuana raids "is now American policy." The Attorney
General¹s comments are the latest sign of a sea change in federal policy prompted by a groundswell of grassroots pressure by Americans for Safe Access (ASA) and our allies. They came as a response to Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) raids carried out by Bush Administration holdovers in California in January and February. ASA needs your support to keep grassroots pressure on the Attorney General. Please support ASA today.

President Obama indicated he would end the DEA raids during his presidential campaign, a position reiterated by the White House following DEA raids in raids which took placeon February 4. In response to a question last night about DEA raids at medical marijuana facilities in California, Holder said, "What the President said during the campaign...is consistent with what we will be doing here in law enforcement. He was my boss in the campaign....He is my boss now. What he said in the campaign is now American policy."

Medical marijuana patients and advocates, who have mounted a massive grassroots campaign to influence the new Administration's policy, cheered
the Attorney General's comments. 72 million Americans live in states where medical cannabis is legal, but federal law prohibits its use under any
circumstances. More than 100 Americans are currently facing prosecution, sentencing, or serving time in prison for medical cannabis offense right now. ASA needs your help to ensure that the emerging change in federal policy signals an end to prosecutions and brings those already serving time for medical cannabis offenses home to their families. ASA has provided recommendations for a new national medical cannabis policy to President Obama and the 111th Congress earlier this year. We are working overtime now to be sure those recommendations are heard in this new era of compassionate federal policy. Please support ASA in this effort.

Sincerely,
Don Duncan

H

Highlander

This is from the norml website:

Earlier this month, new U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder promised a clean break from the policies of the Bush administration. Yesterday, during a live interview on C-Span, he affirmed that this change includes ending the DEA raids of state-authorized medical marijuana providers!

Responding to a reporter’s question regarding the DEA’s recent actions against several California medical cannabis providers, Holder stated: “What the President said during the campaign . . . will be consistent with what we will be doing here in law enforcement. . . What [President Obama] said during the campaign . . . is now American policy.”

Holder’s statement marks a dramatic shift in U.S. drug policy, and is a major victory for the 72 million Americans who reside in states where the use of medical cannabis is legal! It also lends support to the ongoing efforts in Minnesota, New Jersey, and Rhode Island — each of which are debating legislative proposals to make the production and distribution of medical cannabis legal under state law.

At this time, NORML would like to personally thank those of you who responded to our request to contact the Attorney General’s office and urge Eric Holder to call off the DEA raids. Your phone calls and e-mails have helped to change U.S. marijuana policy!

So go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back. And while you’re at it, click here to thank the new Attorney General for supporting the will of the people and the health and welfare of seriously ill patients.

“Change we can believe in?” Yes it is, and it’s about time.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I only believe what I see so I want to see them make me believe:cool0041:

Greyskull

Greyskull

looks to me like the wheels are starting to turn... maybe I am just the optomist

But I tell you what this recession/economy might just be the thing cannabis needs to legalized. Seems that way to me anyways....

R

RansacktheElder

Congrats to all the med growers and users! I hope this holds up.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Man Greyskull we are gonna have to lock a few of the strains down my man:handshake

hubcap

hubcap

this is verrry exciting news indeed.

COULD IT REALLY BE?????!!!!

H

Highlander

looks to me like the wheels are starting to turn... maybe I am just the optomist

But I tell you what this recession/economy might just be the thing cannabis needs to legalized. Seems that way to me anyways....

I'm with you on this Greyskull... Prohibition of Alcohol was ended during hard economic times and so might the prohibition of marijuana

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
My buddy was smoking a joint of the SDx and told me it tasted the same from the first to the last puff and ask if I new where to get some and all I could say was shit I guess a club LOL

Greyskull

Greyskull

I am gonna load up a bowl of the sdxsb to celebrate!

:RastaBong:

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
The funny part is this guy is family :rasta:

R

RansacktheElder

I'm with you on this Greyskull... Prohibition of Alcohol was ended during hard economic times and so might the prohibition of marijuana

Absolutely spot on!

He was careful in his wording though. He didn't come right out and say it. Even though I voted for Obama I've got to really see it happening before I start gloating too much. I will say that it's pretty damn heartening!

hubcap

hubcap

dude...
if they can sell crapweiser to the american people
they can sell kind

ive really got a feelin fellahs...
this is going to happen

the economic woes of this nation will be EXACTLY the lil bit of lift we needed for them to see the fucking light!!!

maaan oh man.

-hubcap-

Aligee

Aligee

Something to look forward to! This will change the USof A no doubt !

Y

yoko

Its so remarkable that doing something so sensible requires so much courage.
Crazy times might end. Here's hoping.

Yoko

T

TheNman

FINALLY!

Now maybe the US ca STFU and leave canada and our progressive(not really under harper) marijuana laws alone!

Growing for my own company would be AWESOME!

Top Bottom