Energy Efficient Grow - Uc8xl13 - 6k Half Led, Half De

• Thread starter Genesis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Genesis

Genesis

Hey guys, as per my previous thread had this room almost a year now and got some major upgrades going on. In fact this is the room I have been dreaming about I'd say pretty much since I was a young buck. Started with 2x Apache Tech AT600 over the UC6XL. Upgraded to the following:

Equipment:
  • UC8XL13 with Reflective Parkas and Mod Cages
  • 1/4 HP Active Aqua Chiller
  • Pioneer 24k Ultra High Efficiency Mini Split (19 SEER) Single Head (Great deal on Amazon $1.6k w/ Amazon Prime 2 day free shipping, had my boy do the wiring for free and my HVAC dude installed it for $500, so basically this thing was $2k installed)
  • Helios 7 Light Controller with 8 240v outlets and built in timer (badass light controller)
  • 4x Apache Tech AT600 - They pull 750w from the wall
  • 4x Gavita 600/750 on 750w setting - Also pulling 750w from the wall
Strains: HSO Blue Dream, one Acapulco Gold in the middle left. Got her as a cutting, probably Barney's farm as it definitely ain't pure Sativa that is for sure.

Nute Regime: Lucas formula from the beginning to the end, supplemented with Heavy 16 Foliar for veg and the first half of flower. I forgot to use the foliar in veg this time though, it slipped my mind. Oh well, next time.
  • GH Maxibloom 5 grams/gallon ($12 for a kilo, $200 for 50 lb on growers house)
  • Heavy 16 Foliar spray 40 mL/liter in a spray bottle. But I usually only use 500 mL at a time as 1 liter is a bit too much for 8 plants of this size. This stuff is great for explosive veg growth, protection from stress and puts an oily sheen on the plant protecting it from PM ($37 for a liter on growers house)
  • UC Roots for hypochlorous acid keeping roots brilliantly white and descaling nutes which may stick to roots. I'd agree with what CCH2O was calling the stuff "liquid crop assurance." As we all should know by now, Cleangrow made the Cultured Solutions line and they had a falling out with CCH2O so UC Roots in the Cleangrow line is called Watermax but from what I've seen on Hydrobuilder, UC Roots is cheaper than Watermax with 5 gallons of UC Roots@$161.55 with free shipping
  • Tap water is .2 EC so I don't buy Cal/Mag there is plenty in the water and Maxibloom
  • pH up and pH down is Advanced Nutrients just because they are so freaking concentrated, love the stuff
So said and done if the Lucas formula treats me well (I used to use lucas via FloraNova bloom in single bucket DWC and Great White - prior to Cultured Solutions stuff and I was happy) I'm going to switch back over. Maxibloom is much cheaper than FloraNova Bloom and the problem with FloraNova Bloom is that is is chock full of syrupy-ass organics and stains everything brown. It gets really gunky on the roots from my personal experience so fuck that noise.

Looks like for less than $500 I'd be good for at least a years worth of grows. The UC8XL13 is a 100 gallon system, which is kinda cool as that is a nice even number for calculating nutes and stuff. Normally with the Cultured Solutions line we'd be looking at about $400-500 cost of goods per grow. So this could represent a VERY significant savings if things go well. I also like the fact that lucas formula or Jacks hydroponics is all about simplicity and can lower our carbon footprint without shipping a shitload of bottles everywhere. Definitely pumped about messing with the dry nutes again.

In veg I don't do full nute change outs. In flower I do them every 3 weeks and before flush if I feel I should flush (but then in flush I don't add any nutes, just straight water or water with UC Roots depending on how things look).

End of week 1:

Environment:
  • Temp - 79 degrees
  • RH - 50%
  • EC - 1.5 EC
  • Water temp - 68 degrees
  • pH - 6.0
Energy efficient grow   uc8xl13   6k half led half de

Energy efficient grow   uc8xl13   6k half led half de 2
Energy efficient grow   uc8xl13   6k half led half de 3
Energy efficient grow   uc8xl13   6k half led half de 4
Energy efficient grow   uc8xl13   6k half led half de 5
Last edited:
Genesis

Genesis

Darn I was editing this and added a few paragraphs in regards to my goals but the fuckin 30 minute editing timer popped up and I lost my text. That shit is super annoying. On a side note, is there a reason for the 30 minute time limit for edits?

Anyway the executive summary of what I was saying is that my goal for this room would be 10# per run for my patients. My favorite strain is Black Domina and I mentioned elsewhere on THCfarmer Favorite Indica thread I really want to try G13 Labs Double Black

That is what I will be running next run. Time to get back to my favorite medicines which are the pure indica and afghanicas :D

timmur

timmur

Sweet upgrade Genesis! I'm really looking forward to the this mix of LED and DE. Are you still in veg? Either way, how long?

Genesis

Genesis

Oh wouldn't you know timmur I got to rambling and I need to let you folks know where we are at, lol. So these ladies have 5 weeks of Veg and were about 2 1/2 feet going into flower. We are now on day 10 of Flower.

I usually take this HSO BD cut to 9 weeks, the Acapulco Gold will probably be 10 or 11 weeks from what I see on Barney's farm. I do know that the leaves on the Acapulco gold are fat as shit for what should be a Sativa so we shall see where she is at.

timmur

timmur

So no stall going into the UC? Did you use the little veg station you posted on my thread?

Genesis

Genesis

So no stall going into the UC? Did you use the little veg station you posted on my thread?

Yes sir. It works well for hybrids but if I'm running pure indica next time I might get a UC8 to veg in that and grow them to a busty full 3 foot tall cause you know indica needs a real solid veg time. I'm excited for this grow but really can't wait to grow pure indica's again. They are my favorite and my help my patients with chronic pain and insomnia that can accompany that.

I made a tincture from The Ox strain from rare dankness and that is an excellent strain. I gave it to another patient who just had a hip replaced and that stuff can replace the oxycodone that was given to my patient who prefers not to take opioids. I was glad to hear that as the opioids cause nausea and fuck up the sleep pattern. The Ox is pre-98 bubba kush lineage which is high CBD real kush stuff. The real medicine is the heavy afghanicas bro. The fat greasy gals that live in the rough mountainous terrain of the hindu kush, Afghanistan, pakistan, india etc. Those are my favorite girls.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Hey guys, as per my previous thread had this room almost a year now and got some major upgrades going on. In fact this is the room I have been dreaming about I'd say pretty much since I was a young buck. Started with 2x Apache Tech AT600 over the UC6XL. Upgraded to the following:

Equipment:
  • UC8XL13 with Reflective Parkas and Mod Cages
  • 1/4 HP Active Aqua Chiller
  • Pioneer 24k Ultra High Efficiency Mini Split (19 SEER) Single Head (Great deal on Amazon $1.6k w/ Amazon Prime 2 day free shipping, had my boy do the wiring for free and my HVAC dude installed it for $500, so basically this thing was $2k installed)
  • Helios 7 Light Controller with 8 240v outlets and built in timer (badass light controller)
  • 4x Apache Tech AT600 - They pull 750w from the wall
  • 4x Gavita 600/750 on 750w setting - Also pulling 750w from the wall
Strains: HSO Blue Dream, one Acapulco Gold in the middle left. Got her as a cutting, probably Barney's farm as it definitely ain't pure Sativa that is for sure.

Nute Regime: Lucas formula from the beginning to the end, supplemented with Heavy 16 Foliar for veg and the first half of flower. I forgot to use the foliar in veg this time though, it slipped my mind. Oh well, next time.
  • GH Maxibloom 5 grams/gallon ($12 for a kilo, $200 for 50 lb on growers house)
  • Heavy 16 Foliar spray 40 mL/liter in a spray bottle. But I usually only use 500 mL at a time as 1 liter is a bit too much for 8 plants of this size. This stuff is great for explosive veg growth, protection from stress and puts an oily sheen on the plant protecting it from PM ($37 for a liter on growers house)
  • UC Roots for hypochlorous acid keeping roots brilliantly white and descaling nutes which may stick to roots. I'd agree with what CCH2O was calling the stuff "liquid crop assurance." As we all should know by now, Cleangrow made the Cultured Solutions line and they had a falling out with CCH2O so UC Roots in the Cleangrow line is called Watermax but from what I've seen on Hydrobuilder, UC Roots is cheaper than Watermax with 5 gallons of UC Roots@$161.55 with free shipping
  • Tap water is .2 EC so I don't buy Cal/Mag there is plenty in the water and Maxibloom
  • pH up and pH down is Advanced Nutrients just because they are so freaking concentrated, love the stuff
So said and done if the Lucas formula treats me well (I used to use lucas via FloraNova bloom in single bucket DWC and Great White - prior to Cultured Solutions stuff and I was happy) I'm going to switch back over. Maxibloom is much cheaper than FloraNova Bloom and the problem with FloraNova Bloom is that is is chock full of syrupy-ass organics and stains everything brown. It gets really gunky on the roots from my personal experience so fuck that noise.

Looks like for less than $500 I'd be good for at least a years worth of grows. The UC8XL13 is a 100 gallon system, which is kinda cool as that is a nice even number for calculating nutes and stuff. Normally with the Cultured Solutions line we'd be looking at about $400-500 cost of goods per grow. So this could represent a VERY significant savings if things go well. I also like the fact that lucas formula or Jacks hydroponics is all about simplicity and can lower our carbon footprint without shipping a shitload of bottles everywhere. Definitely pumped about messing with the dry nutes again.

In veg I don't do full nute change outs. In flower I do them every 3 weeks and before flush if I feel I should flush (but then in flush I don't add any nutes, just straight water or water with UC Roots depending on how things look).

End of week 1:

Environment:
  • Temp - 79 degrees
  • RH - 50%
  • EC - 1.5 EC
  • pH - 6.0
View attachment 583183
that 4th plant picture . take a good look under those leaves that are turning spotty ? for mites .

Genesis

Genesis

that 4th plant picture . take a good look under those leaves that are turning spotty ? for mites .

Took about 20-30 different leaves that were spotty, defoliated and examined them top to bottom. No sign of mites but what has changed is this go around is that I am using the Maxibloom Lucas formula and the Heavy 16 foliar. I used a bit of Heavy 16 last time but perhaps the brown spots were some burn from a hot mix... Or even one that ain't hot enough?

I don't really know but as mentioned I am going to run the Maxibloom the whole way through and we will see how it does. Looks like the brown stuff is generally the lower foliage and not new growth so we will see how these gals like the Maxibloom moving forward. 5 grams per gallon of this stuff is EC 1.3 - which is the highest week of EC if one is using Cultured Solutions according to their chart for .75-1 LPM of aeration. Standard lucas formula is 7/grams a gallon but folks in the ICmag thread were saying 5 per gallon may be a better fit for DWC application as we aren't in coco or more passive hydroponics.

I figured straight maxi, wouldn't be perfect but new growth seems to be good so we will keep on chugging. The plants should be far enough along that they can handle this EC but keep in mind Maxiblom isn't nearly as 'clean' as cultured solutions, H+G or Ionic. If this run goes good maybe next time around we will go with 4 grams/gallon which should be around 1 EC.

Any thoughts folks? Anybody run lucas formula in RDWC before? The whole idea behind the maxi bloom KISS is simplicity, so although it ain't perfect - it can lead to some damn good results for using just one product the whole way through.

palm eezy

palm eezy

Genesis: It looks like your lineset on the minisplit was run without insulation. That might be an issue going forward, if nothing else with sweating.

Everything else looks great.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Took about 20-30 different leaves that were spotty, defoliated and examined them top to bottom. No sign of mites but what has changed is this go around is that I am using the Maxibloom Lucas formula and the Heavy 16 foliar. I used a bit of Heavy 16 last time but perhaps the brown spots were some burn from a hot mix... Or even one that ain't hot enough?

I don't really know but as mentioned I am going to run the Maxibloom the whole way through and we will see how it does. Looks like the brown stuff is generally the lower foliage and not new growth so we will see how these gals like the Maxibloom moving forward. 5 grams per gallon of this stuff is EC 1.3 - which is the highest week of EC if one is using Cultured Solutions according to their chart for .75-1 LPM of aeration. Standard lucas formula is 7/grams a gallon but folks in the ICmag thread were saying 5 per gallon may be a better fit for DWC application as we aren't in coco or more passive hydroponics.

I figured straight maxi, wouldn't be perfect but new growth seems to be good so we will keep on chugging. The plants should be far enough along that they can handle this EC but keep in mind Maxiblom isn't nearly as 'clean' as cultured solutions, H+G or Ionic. If this run goes good maybe next time around we will go with 4 grams/gallon which should be around 1 EC.

Any thoughts folks? Anybody run lucas formula in RDWC before? The whole idea behind the maxi bloom KISS is simplicity, so although it ain't perfect - it can lead to some damn good results for using just one product the whole way through.
at least you gave it a good look .the lower leave get less light ?

Genesis

Genesis

End of week 3:

Environment:
  • Temp - 79 degrees
  • RH - 40-50%
  • EC - 1.5 EC
  • pH - 5.5-6.0 (floating)
Definitely going to re-work my veg as the plants were a bit too close together and some would grow up and get more light than the others - stunting their growth. This made them different sizes here in flower. I think a UC8 with the LED equivalents of 2 600w HPS's would be just dandy for this purpose. Each plant has her own bucket for the start, no competition for light or root growth choke. Plenty for all girls - an equal opportunity workplace lol :)

On a sidetone the Acapulco really blew up under the AT600, I wish they were all that size lol!

One love bros, stay healthy.

IMG 0318
IMG 0320
IMG 0321
timmur

timmur

Thanks for the update bro! Lookin good up in there! I'm finally finishing my room this weekend! Hope to drop seeds on Monday.

Genesis

Genesis

Thanks for the update bro! Lookin good up in there! I'm finally finishing my room this weekend! Hope to drop seeds on Monday.

Wonderful, I am super excited to see what you got going on Timmur. Stay well guys.

ken dog

ken dog

First off, very cool set up... Congratulations on the upgrades... your grow is coming along nicely.:)

Thst said, I noticed in your first pictures, the brown spotting as well... And later on I saw it when you updated last week.

Looks to me like a magnesium deficiency... And if you notice it on any of your upper growth as well, it's probably a calcium and magnesium deficiency.

Thanks for the updates.:)

Genesis

Genesis

First off, very cool set up... Congratulations on the upgrades... your grow is coming along nicely.:)

Thst said, I noticed in your first pictures, the brown spotting as well... And later on I saw it when you updated last week.

Looks to me like a magnesium deficiency... And if you notice it on any of your upper growth as well, it's probably a calcium and magnesium deficiency.

Thanks for the updates.:)

Thanks for the input Ken, it is a bit beyond when I should normally change my water. 2-3 weeks, so I'm going to defoliate and get on that. If there is still problems then time for the cal/mag :)

Genesis

Genesis

Hey bros - big sorry for the delay, had some personal things going on in life and am moving to another state. It ain't medical there just yet so I'm offing my equipment. Here are some snapshots at the end of week 8. Got some solid results. If anyone around the RI area is interested in equipment, please feel free to PM me. The UC system, chiller, blue labs and lighting (Gavita 750's and Apacha Techs) are going. As you can see Maxibloom is legit and I had some of the biggest colas yet.

Last pic is the Acapulco under the Apache Tech AT600. She was huge.

IMG 0334
IMG 0332
IMG 0333

Top Bottom