Enough Light?

• Thread starter Letsbecool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Letsbecool

I currently am planning on running a 60w ufo with 4-6 cfls around it over 3 plants and was wondering if that was enough light to my plants throughout the whole cycle?

I know it will effect yeilds some but im kinda strapped for cash right now and the cfls are cheap.

Any ideas or thoughts?

hiboy

hiboy

You want at least 50 watts per sq ft.
so add up your floor area of plants and divide into ur output of watts.
h

M

Michael Dallen

enough light but i think need to do like that

I currently am planning on running a 60w ufo with 4-6 cfls around it over 3 plants and was wondering if that was enough light to my plants throughout the whole cycle?

I know it will effect yeilds some but im kinda strapped for cash right now and the cfls are cheap.

Any ideas or thoughts?

hello , i have read your message .that's enough light , have you ever used high power LED lights ?Maybe two or three lights are ok for you to grow

Tank333

Tank333

It'll work just fine, but I'm not sure if you'll be satisfied with your results. You'll probably be happier with a 250 or 400 watt HID light.

How much you paying for the 60 watt led? And for the CFL's? Add it all up, plus extension cords, and sockets and everything.... is a 250 watt HPS really more expensive?

L

Letsbecool

I would use a hid if I could but I live in a urban area where hiding a hid from thermo is a concern. I only really paid 75 for my ufo cuz I traded a buddy a 1/4 for it.

Tank333

Tank333

Well, if you've already got the ufo, then by all means, use that for the time being. And if you've got the cords and sockets lying around, pick up some CFL's and throw em in there too. Try and make as few actualy purchases as you can though, if you're trying to do this on a budget.

Try hitting up some yardsales for extra cords and sockets if you don't have any. You can probably find a good oscillating fan for cheap too... I actually found a 1'x3' flood and drain table with a stand, 95 watt CFL, hood and eveything else for $20 once! I still haven't used the damn thing, but I just couldn't pass up the smoking deal!! Haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom