• Thread starter no1birdman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

no1birdman

Has anyone used these they look a lot cheaper to run and less heat

C

carnivorous

I have been vegging with the 125 watt bulb for sometime, it doesnt have the intensity of hid of course but they serve me well pre flower.

BigBud09

BigBud09

I have also been using 1x250w cfl, 8u which is [no. of tubes] for my first grow they are vegging at the moment and are showing pre flowers cfl lights work just as good but cost less to run than a hps light for example, check my other forums out [My first grow] see how my plants are with the cfl

M

miss green

great cheap way to veg . but waste of time to flower . low yeild .

D

Dr.Smitty

Have had great success using a 125 for veg but they don't have a very long life.

Go with T5's instead.

S

Skunky

Agreed enviro's are great for veg given nice compact plants not that bad for flower either

B
BigBud09

BigBud09

Here is a pic of my first grow using 1x250wcfl, my plants are ready for flowering now:dance:bong2:

New Image8
R

robbiedublu

Here is a pic of my first grow using 1x250wcfl, my plants are ready for flowering now:dance:bong2:

Please don't take it as a knock on you or your growing skills. Those plants are a perfect example of why I dont use cfls for anything. They are tall and leggy. I want mine to be much more compact with thicker growth when I put them into flower. Your plants are gonna end up 5 or 6 ft tall when all is done.

S

Skunky

I actually think imo cfl's give tighter noded plant's than mh just takes longer.

T

TokenZen

Please don't take it as a knock on you or your growing skills. Those plants are a perfect example of why I dont use cfls for anything. They are tall and leggy. I want mine to be much more compact with thicker growth when I put them into flower. Your plants are gonna end up 5 or 6 ft tall when all is done.

CFL's serve great purpose, I think with a few more floro's in there would solve the problem. I've used Floro's to veg and the plants love them, if you have enough in there long nodes are not an issue...
Because of my current situation, I'm using a T5 for flower and it gets the job done; my micro grow had two plants I got about a bit more than an OZ.:joint:

BigBud09

BigBud09

Lol yeah the bigger the better: ) more bud, my friend has just harvested his grow he had little dwarfs he got a really poor weight at the end of all his hard work i think grow em as tall as you wish as long as you have the room for it, surely your gonna get more bud off a bigger taller plant than a little stumpy dwarf??

Latest posts

Top Bottom