??? Environment In Dry Room ???

• Thread starter MrKush415
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrKush415

MrKush415

Hi All,

Just hung up my plants yesterday. Had a question on dry room environment. I have my portable AC ducted into my tent.

The problem is my AC takes 3-4 minutes to start pumping cool air, in this time the humidity in tent gets jacked up to around 70%-75% only for about 3-4 minutes until the cool air kicks on then the humidity starts to drop back down to around 53-55%. The AC is on for about 5-7 minutes then turns off for about 3-5 minutes, so a lot of fluctuation from 53%-75%.

Option 1: Use AC get temps down to 60 degrees, but have that wild humidity fluctuation. Will this effect the dry that humidity bumps up that high (but it only bumps up for a couple minutes then goes back down), this fluctuation happens a lot through a 24 hour period.

OR

Option 2: Don't use the AC and have temp sit at around 69-71 with steady humidity at 57-60% and a circulating fan.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

fatawa

fatawa

Throw a rotating fan n there just dnt blow directly on buds hanging.i blow underneath.i try in stay around 60rh/60-70° myself.drying/curing is debatably the most important part so..and you can have that 70rh w/air movement.its stagnant air u wanna stay away from.throughout the whole process.i say option2

MrKush415

MrKush415

Throw a rotating fan n there just dnt blow directly on buds hanging.i blow underneath.i try in stay around 60rh/60-70° myself.drying/curing is debatably the most important part so..and you can have that 70rh w/air movement.its stagnant air u wanna stay away from.throughout the whole process.i say option2

Thanks brotha, I appreciate the quick response. Cool I'll turn off the AC for now, if it gets higher than 70 degrees Ill bump the AC on. My target is 60/60 .

What's of more importance to you having optimal humidity or optimal temp during dry if you have to choose one?

fatawa

fatawa

Thanks brotha, I appreciate the quick response. Cool I'll turn off the AC for now, if it gets higher than 70 degrees Ill bump the AC on. My target is 60/60 .

What's of more importance to you having optimal humidity or optimal temp during dry if you have to choose one?
ahh....thats a good question.basicaly anything that drys it too quick is not good...10-14days for me is normal b4 i throw n jar at my numbers.anything quicker then 7days is too fast imo.but it seems from what u said u can control both rh/temp so you should b good.you can hav fluctuation so dont fret.just dont let it fluctuate 15 away(higher or lower and for both rh/temp) from yur target numbers.

P

PharmHand

I wonder if you were able to run the ac outside your tent just to cool the room if it would help keep temps down inside the tent even a little and it might not fluctuate as much in a big room? Just a thought

MrKush415

MrKush415

I wonder if you were able to run the ac outside your tent just to cool the room if it would help keep temps down inside the tent even a little and it might not fluctuate as much in a big room? Just a thought

That's a good idea, I've thought about this before but I have my veg tent in the same room and don't want it to get too low. I might just do it and see what the effect is on veg tent temp.

Thanks!

D

Dai

I've got my plants hanging middle of the tent height I face a fan across the floor so it blows across the floor and up the back of the wall so it's circulating fresh air from the fresh air intake on the floor (nothing blowing directly on them) and my temp is 24.3°c and 55%humidityand I don't even put it in jars and all this bull crap and when it's ready it's solid nuggets (that are not crisp and don't fall apart) and really tasty and strong smoke

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've got my plants hanging middle of the tent height I face a fan across the floor so it blows across the floor and up the back of the wall so it's circulating fresh air from the fresh air intake on the floor (nothing blowing directly on them) and my temp is 24.3°c and 55%humidityand I don't even put it in jars and all this bull crap and when it's ready it's solid nuggets (that are not crisp and don't fall apart) and really tasty and strong smoke
For giggles put some in a jar after and leave it for 1-2 months. Then smoke test side by side. Maybe not worth to you if your selling for profit but if it's personal I feel it is.

D

Dai

Do you really think it improves the smoke
For giggles put some in a jar after and leave it for 1-2 months. Then smoke test side by side. Maybe not worth to you if your selling for profit but if it's personal I feel it is.
DDo you think it improves the smoke and do you. Think my drying environment is any good

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you really think it improves the smoke

DDo you think it improves the smoke and do you. Think my drying environment is any good
I think it really helps the flavor. Like was stated 10-14 days is ideal I do mine at 60-65F and 50-55% RH. I have no complaints but I will be trying the fridge method next harvest on some.

If you can set your AC to a narrower margin it will help. Temp affects humidity as the temp drops the humidity will increase so if you can stabilize the temps you also help stabilize the humidity.

D

Dai

I can control temp and humidity no problem it doesn't move
I think it really helps the flavor. Like was stated 10-14 days is ideal I do mine at 60-65F and 50-55% RH. I have no complaints but I will be trying the fridge method next harvest on some.

If you can set your AC to a narrower margin it will help. Temp affects humidity as the temp drops the humidity will increase so if you can stabilize the temps you also help stabilize the humidity.

Top Bottom