Environmental change on day/night cycle

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medigrow

Medigrow

Hey everyone! :)

I was reading on the "smartbee" system and read this line
"Within indoor grow rooms, temperature and humidity control with flexible settings for day and night are essential, along with the gradual change over in between "

I was wondering how fast do you switch the temp and humidity level after the light goes off and same question when the light goes on? I am not sure going from 80 to 70 F and 70% to 55% RH in few minutes are the best..

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your input/share :)

4plant

4plant

I try to keep my temps within 7c, usually 25c during the day and 18c at night and humidity no more than 15% swing. Depending how advanced your setup is you can keep the climate almost exactly where you want it. I’m in an old basement though and if it’s damp outside it’s humid inside so even with a humidifier and dehumidifier in the tent I still get swings of 20% or more.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

My temps swing about 8-12 degrees, and humidity 10-25% depending on the day. I have no control over how fast it transitions. It seems to take the tent about 45 minutes or so to get to temp after lights on. I do imagine it cools a bit quicker though. I agree, maybe not ideal, but I have not seen controllers that slowly change conditions before, just lights on lights off. I think this is the case for almost all small grows though and seems to be fine.

Medigrow

Medigrow

My temps swing about 8-12 degrees, and humidity 10-25% depending on the day. I have no control over how fast it transitions. It seems to take the tent about 45 minutes or so to get to temp after lights on. I do imagine it cools a bit quicker though. I agree, maybe not ideal, but I have not seen controllers that slowly change conditions before, just lights on lights off. I think this is the case for almost all small grows though and seems to be fine.
I do have a thermostat to control, so I made it change from DT/NT in 45 minutes... 2-3F each 15 minutes... On both opening and closing cycle.. I will try to see if the girls love it or... same thing!

@4plant I was wondering about "how fast" and now "by how much degrees" :D

4plant

4plant

Oops my bad. I think it probly takes my room an hour or two to go from 35% humidity with lights on to 50-55% with lights off. Temp comes down at the same rate. I think if I could I’d keep my humidity at 50% all the time.

Top Bottom