Enzymes In Sterile Undercurrent System?

• Thread starter HydroGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Do you think running enzymes in a sterile Rdwc system is beneficial? Currently running multizen but have heard of mixed reviews about enzymes in undercurrent. Is it beneficial or a waste?

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Undercurrent. Over current, not relevant. Relevant is: do sterilization techniques harm enzymes? Wish I knew.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Undercurrent. Over current, not relevant. Relevant is: do sterilization techniques harm enzymes? Wish I knew.
Yeah I personally haven't noticed any root rot issues running it that I have seen people mention but also can't really say I have noticed much of a benefit running it. Just curious if I'm wasting money on enzymes that that sterilizers are killing off anyway

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Hey there HydroGuy. From my experience adding enzymes to RDWC is a problem waiting to happen. Plants are exuding sugars from their roots into the nutrient solution during the growing cycle. Many enzymes contain or produce a byproduct of alcohol which when in solution with the root exudate (sugars) causes fermentation. This can develop into other issues which are less than favorable in RDWC.

mojavegreen. Enzymes aern't living so sterile is compatible with enzymes, just counter productive.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Hey there HydroGuy. From my experience adding enzymes to RDWC is a problem waiting to happen. Plants are exuding sugars from their roots into the nutrient solution during the growing cycle. Many enzymes contain or produce a byproduct of alcohol which when in solution with the root exudate (sugars) causes fermentation. This can develop into other issues which are less than favorable in RDWC.

mojavegreen. Enzymes aern't living so sterile is compatible with enzymes, just counter productive.
Thank you! That was very helpful! love your setups by the way on your thread

Lenroc

Lenroc

WOW... you guys... tried every enzyme on the market (locally that I could get my hands on - 6 different brands ) and they did absolutely nothing comparing to the other plants in the rows next to them. Actually most were smaller and roots not as nice and a couple absolutely showed no difference. Amino Acids? LOL yes I tried that too one of the enzyme formulas was big on amino acids and vitamins.

Then I had a chance meeting over a glass of wine at my friends farm with a scientist working for a large fertilizer company - his comment about the enzymes was:
The Cannabis plant is like a little factory that produces everything it needs when it receives plant food without additives - these are the elements contained in a complete formulations that the plant will use to produce enzymes.... you can't give the plant enzymes - at best it will do nothing, but if they are strong enough they can damage your roots.

If you have people that telling you that you need to buy a bottle of enzymes for your plant...
So I told him about the one with vitamins and amino acids - He just laughed, he said all these are marketing gimmicks and nothing else.

I decided to find a clean fertilizer that produces results, moved to an undercurrent system and ended up with Cogo's Original Cannabis Formula - the 2 part one in the end, and with my last 3 the yield was absolutely insane. the size of the buds was the killer to the point I had to put strings on them to keep them up until the trunks got thick enough to support them. And get this is actually cheaper than going with the big names with enzymes and aminos.

I am hoping this summer to try for the first time a few plants outside... not sure what I will use since it will be in the garden soil.

Last edited:
Top Bottom