Enzymes

• Thread starter MasterGrower11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MasterGrower11

I have a question guys. Do u guys reccomend using enzymes with each feeding? I use three different enzymes as well. Biocozyme, senziyme, enzyme komplete. So my other question is can I use only one enzyme product throughout the cycle??

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I have a question guys. Do u guys reccomend using enzymes with each feeding? I use three different enzymes as well. Biocozyme, senziyme, enzyme komplete. So my other question is can I use only one enzyme product throughout the cycle??

Oh boy, some hydro store snake oil. Bill is hating on the hydro store again.

There's probably a better alternative that is cheaper. There are 4 types of digestive enzymes.

Amylase breaks down carbohydrates.
Protease breaks down proteins.
Lipase breaks down fats.
Cellulase breaks down plant fiber.

Which of these do your hydro store products contain? I have no idea.

You can buy a product like Bio-Clean or Rid-X sewer enzymes that contain all 4 for much cheaper. They won't harm trees if the roots get into your septic system, meaning they are safe for your trees. They are helpful with making KNF inputs and can be used start to finish with cannabis.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

cut steel oats and barley malt crushed to powder does wonders for a plant,cheap and i top scratch it in about every 3 weeks

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Well, ive been using it for a long time.
And I guess it's one of those things you just know it's working.
It prevents build up of salts and makes nutes more available especially towards end. And I veg for many weeks so I use it as a preventative measure.

I guess more opinion than facts though.

S

SymbioticMan

Well that's a loaded question.
There's multiple type of enzymes that do multiple things.

I use a compost soil/peat moss mix.
I use ferminated vegetable and/or fruits fertilizer. Some enzymes make nutrients more available for the plant, some help break down sugar for the microbes.

So it also depends on what medium your use and why your using it.
Some of these companies only have the enzyme that breaks down dead root matter, which is good for hydro I guess...

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Your hydro store charges you for water, keeping the lights on and cartoons on the label. There's an epic "cheaper enzymes" thread floating around on the internet if you Google. Spend your money on science and not SHAZAM in a bottle.

I didn't say it didn't work, just that I have no way to prove it.
I wouldn't continue using it if didn't see results.

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

There's probably a better alternative that is cheaper. There are 4 types of digestive enzymes.

Lipase breaks down fats.

You can buy a product like Bio-Clean or Rid-X sewer enzymes that contain all 4 for much cheaper. They won't harm trees if the roots get into your septic system, meaning they are safe for your trees. They are helpful with making KNF inputs and can be used start to finish with cannabis.

@BillFarthing do you still stand by using Bio-Clean or Rid-X?

Are there actually proteins and fats in Jacks, Kelp, vulvic etc to be broken down?

Hygrozyme seems to be one of the best enzyme products out there, with 4 enzymes and higher concentrations that other hydro-store options.

Hygrozyme contains an industry leading concentration of 4 core enzymes: 1,000 U/mL Cellulase, 100 U/mL Xylanase, 75 U/mL Hemicellulase and 40 U/mL beta-Glucanase, which are also complemented by a unique blend of additional hydrolytic enzymes to assist in the effective breakdown of dead root matter.

Do you think the Xylanase & hemicellulase and beta-glucanse are better enzymes for DWC than Protease, Lipase and Amylase?

Seems they both have Cellulase.

The powdered enzyme Kelp4less offers only has a single enzyme from the Pepsin family of Enzymes.

Kelp4less pluralizes enzymes, insinuating that there are multiple strains perhaps, but just all from the Pepsin family? I'm gonna give them a call today.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
@BillFarthing do you still stand by using Bio-Clean or Rid-X?

Are there actually proteins and fats in Jacks, Kelp, vulvic etc to be broken down?

Hygrozyme seems to be one of the best enzyme products out there, with 4 enzymes and higher concentrations that other hydro-store options.

Hygrozyme contains an industry leading concentration of 4 core enzymes: 1,000 U/mL Cellulase, 100 U/mL Xylanase, 75 U/mL Hemicellulase and 40 U/mL beta-Glucanase, which are also complemented by a unique blend of additional hydrolytic enzymes to assist in the effective breakdown of dead root matter.

Do you think the Xylanase & hemicellulase and beta-glucanse are better enzymes for DWC than Protease, Lipase and Amylase?

Seems they both have Cellulase.

The powdered enzyme Kelp4less offers only has a single enzyme from the Pepsin family of Enzymes.

Kelp4less pluralizes enzymes, insinuating that there are multiple strains perhaps, but just all from the Pepsin family? I'm gonna give them a call today.
Unless there is some ingredient advantage or a reason that a liquid must be used in formulation like Growmore Flowering Cal-Mag, I would always prefer to use a powder.

I still prefer to use Bio-Clean and Rid-X. Even though some of the enzymes aren't used in the root zone, it is still higher quality and priced advantageously compared to anything Kelp4Less puts out.

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

You don't feel the other enzymes in Hygrozyme are more beneficial since they're tailored towards cannabis/plant material?

I found Bio-Clean for $50 for 1 lb:

And here is Rid-X for $20 for 1 lb:

So just based on price, Rid-X is a much better value.

But do they both contain the same strains of enzymes is my next question? (going to try and compare those now)

They both claim to be 100% all natural enzymes

So either product will be ok to use in a live reservoir right? I plan on having bennies, so I want to make sure I don't use a product that will kill them off.

Thanks, you've been extremely helpful!!
https://www.amazon.com/Bio-clean-Drain-Septic-Bacteria-2/dp/B001N09KN4
https://www.amazon.com/gp/huc/view.html?ie=UTF8&newItems=C38fa39ac-8d9c-4e98-aab5-70a808b60ef8,1

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

@BillFarthing what is your recommended dose for using Rid-X in DWC?

Do you still prefer Rid-X over Pondzyme?

dbrzz

dbrzz

Lipase breaks down fats.

Repackage a product and charge a ton of $$$$.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
@BillFarthing what is your recommended dose for using Rid-X in DWC?

Do you still prefer Rid-X over Pondzyme?
They all work. A teaspoon in a 5-gallon bucket works A-OK. I'm actually partial to Bio-Clean compared to the others.

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

Ok great, thanks for that dosage!

I already bought Rid-X as it was cheaper than Bio-Clean.

But not opposed to buying the Bio-Clean if you think it's better.

Why do you prefer Bio-Clean over Rid-X now?

T

TwistedPistil

Hey Bill. I got a question about enzymes and stuff.

So Bio clean for beneficial enzymes @1ml/g. Nice. What about sterile enzymes? Would you recommend using a particular cheap sourced enzyme product (or one that kills bacteria?), or is h202 or hydrochlorous acid (spelling?) the best route for a sterile set up, or perhaps a combination of them both?

My friend adds h202 to his reservoir every day, and once a week adds Enzymes Komplete instead. My other buddy is doing the Current culture deal with the UC Roots in her reservoir.

I was under the impression enzyme komplete was not harmful to bennies, but idk. So I think maybe he's adding it once a week to kill it off with the h202 unwittingly, or maybe there's benefit to using an active enzyme occasional in conjunction with specifically h202. Or maybe enzyme komplete is sterile lmao idk. Anybody know?

Inversely, she added a bunch of great white and random shit to her res with UC, and got a bunch of fun film all over her dwc system. That was a fun mess.

jby

jby

I used big time enzyme, I thought would be my cheapest route, and I also used carboload from AN to keep my enzyme alive. For bio clean or rid-X, do I still need to add carboload?

Top Bottom