Epicenter Nurse / Add Backs

• Thread starter smokie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokie

smokie

Ok, so I know we are not suppose to do add backs to the epicenter, but sometimes I have to. I may forget cal-mag or big bud, or PH down etc etc...

So I would dilute what I need to add back and then over a couple hours drop a little bit in at a time and that sucks having to keep making the extra trips to fix my own mistakes.

I need a doser but the way they work VS the way the UC works I am not sure they are 100% compatible and I like to know my PH swing to see if it is normal vs abnormal etc...and its not PH that always needs to be added.

How about when this situation arises I just dilute the solution and add it to a dropper. Lets say i needed to add 30ml of PH down. I would add 800ml of water and put it in a slow controlled drip.

Like a IV at the hospital with a controlled slow drip that way it is giving the UC time to turn the system over.

They call these Kangaroo gravity bags and seems like a clean affordable and easy way to solve my own issues.
Let me know what you think.

Kangaroo

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Coincidence, we we're looking to introduce that very same product as the "Day Dripper"...but I like Epicenter Nurse though. Nice suggestion S.

smokie

smokie

Well bring it on, at least if we got them from you we would know the material has been tested and proven. You can have the name if you like it:D

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
This is such a good source for them that you have...and especially if they're med grade, good find.

smokie

smokie

Yea the Med grade ones are alot more, which is probably what should be used.

P

Pimpernickel

I dump pH up into my epi about once a week. I haven't noticed it causing any damage.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I dump pH up into my epi about once a week. I haven't noticed it causing any damage.

If you have to up, you have a problem.

Epi dumps are common practice around our warehouses but we have the secondary recirculator.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Gettin' some tail... bucket

Secondary recirculator ? What is that?

Yeah, I'd like to know, too-

I solved a similar problem with my own DIY RDWC by having a 'tail bucket', basically a bucket that all the lanes of growing sites dump into. This bucket has the waterpump in it, and it pumps water back to the head bucket, aka 'epicenter'.

I pour all my addbacks and adjustments into this tailbucket and it mixes and dilutes before sending the water to the headbucket, where it mixes and dilutes some more before sending water through the lanes of growing sites. Using this arrangement, I have had no problems at all with root burn or any other issues.

P

Pimpernickel

If you have to up, you have a problem.

I'm on my second run. Both times after week 5-6 my plants nutrient uptake dropped off sharply. The rez still has 500ppm in it but the plants drink around 5 gallons a day so I dump RO in it everyday and it lowers the pH. Sound right?

S

Stoner Smurf

I mix 1tbl pH up (1/2 tbl pH down) with 1 gal of water and just do epicenter dumps with that. Dump a bit in wait 60 seconds dump some more in. I've never caused damage.

smokie

smokie

I'm on my second run. Both times after week 5-6 my plants nutrient uptake dropped off sharply. The rez still has 500ppm in it but the plants drink around 5 gallons a day so I dump RO in it everyday and it lowers the pH. Sound right?

What is your schedule for water change outs in the UC?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I have noticed that plants have a halting period somewhere between the 5th and 6th week as well. This has been true in every growing method I've ran. It seems more noticeable in the running UC I think only because of the masses amounts of water takeup prior to the halt. In the UC when I hit the 5th week I flush and run 24hrs ro followed with the regular nute schedule. This has seemed to help with the uptake as well as insuring me it's just the plants doing their thing. Within 3 days of the halt I see the consuming of water start again. I also start using Carboload about week 5

smokie

smokie

I thought carbs/sugars where a NO NO in the UC because they could cause a brown algae outbreak.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Yep, I've heard the same thing... ;) hmmm idk.. I've been running it over a year, no problems to date... Up to 2 runs ago I ran all through flower.. I guess I never did listen too well... Haha They also say Advanced Nutrients is no good for UC either and I kill it using up what I had left.. Hahaha For the record I was never told that Advanced is no good from CC themselves..

P

Pimpernickel

Smokie, I don't change out my water.
All4freedumb, at the end of your post is looks like you were talking about water uptake. I don't see that happening, they're sucking down water like crazy.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Ok, I'm a bit confused. You said your nutrient uptake drops off sharply? I was saying I too have noticed this at about that time in a run, to help I drain, do a 24hr flush with strait Ro and then resume schedule. That seems to help that halt of the uptake you were talking about and gets the girls back on nute schedule. Make since?

P

Pimpernickel

Yea. You said "Within 3 days of the halt I see the consuming of water start again." it threw me off and made me think you were talking about water uptake too.

Top Bottom