epsom salt

• Thread starter forman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
surrealife

surrealife

?, smaiden maybe you know. w/ cal sulfate, and cal carbonate, should I half the Epsom at this point?

I bought it, gonna use it.
then refine the wood ash.

thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not unless you have something that will supply the needed magnesium, and CaSO4 and CaCO3 have none. Dolomite lime is CaMgCO3 (calcium magnesium carbonate).

surrealife

surrealife

ummm, forgot where I was. i have stuff, stuff is coming, trying to use what i have, before i get new stuff
thanks for the help

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Here, smoke this doobie while you get your head on straight. Purple Cheddar, my tester joint from my last run.

~~===

surrealife

surrealife

hi, thanks:)
try a bowl of this MOB...maine special..

so, got this free box from kelp4less.
it is miracle grow, 20lbs...
why, why did they send this...screwing w/ me?

like I said, using up what I have first, cancelled order,,,, so?
they send box for free,,,,cool?
NO, not when it mg, non organic 20-30-20..great,

as long as the state isn't here to look at my nutes....
I am patient/caregiver
order calslf, and calcarb, and mag...20lbs(scuse the abbrv)
and, I stumped them twice, the wood ash, and dte has silica.......cheap

i'm annoyed, lets smoke some more

I emailed them, saying you insulted me, could get me fired,
thanks, have a nice day

whatever

surrealife

surrealife

yep, Charlie was up to 6, 2hr nap, had to go to post office.
heh, have you tried this Epsom on your feet, im going to.......
right now,
ill let you know

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wherever I can find 'em. Epsom salt comes from Wal-mart or similar, Ca products wherever I can find them (MUST be organic, I've become annoyingly anal about that), amendments and such from ag suppliers if I can, no hydro shop nearby (or that I can afford!). The vast majority of my shopping is done online.

This Purple Cheddar isn't tasting as grape-y as I remember. Still smokes pretty good, yeah?

surrealife

surrealife

wherever I can find them (MUST be organic, I've become annoyingly anal about that),
yep me too. the state can come check me on that....
you don't use someone like kellp4less?
other than sending me miraclegrow, for no reason, they are good.
pounds of stuff..cheap. nutes can get expensive
i'm more of a diy person

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I haven't gotten around to hitting them up for stuff. But my cheap ass agrees with you about nutrients getting expensive! I would not have expected MG to come from an outfit like kelp4less, though. That's an odd mix-up, ain't it?

surrealife

surrealife

ohh no. kelp is just the name. they got good kelp,
and...everything.
powdered molasses and yucca extract are my next. I get amino acids,sops,batguano,pottasiums' any npk thang you need
this is charlies farm. I pay .67/gal I have friends who "say" they spend $800 in fert.
? suks your so lazy person,? I don't know,
kidding.
if you work and grow
your awesome.
I got lotta time into this crop
7 plants, in ghouse, 5-6 hours just tying limbs up, takes over an hour to water
at 8gals a minute well water out the hose.

but then I say, i'll get you set for half.
breaking in the business, have a retailer...
so yes, you can buy Epsom salt from them, or calmag, or cal, and then mag,
but,
what cal do you want, and what mag,,,, why I was asking about all of the sulfates...affect pH
lotta fun squinty page hoping research
thanks for your help....I already said that huh
gotta show, is after my last Mag feast for the girls
it was more rootlock, used chainsaw file, and concrete form pin...160lbs soil...each:)
lotta new math..... call strategic approximation method

IMG 0007

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Let's just say that my goal is to work smarter, not harder. ;) Your ladies are looking fantastic!

As far as Ca, I typically go with what the old timers around here recommend, and it's always CaSO4 because the soil is heavy clay. Heavy red clay with equal or greater proportions of rock.

surrealife

surrealife

hi,
thanks, but I did feel cheezy putting em up, even though it is Epsom related...ohwell shameless

ok, sill had a bit of red/purp in leave stalk, on two of....so
again, thanks you are right of course. More MgSO4. also have 2 huge LSD. want a bunch of Cal, no Mg
i'm using wood ash....big time, just keep watch. spots dissipate, back on reg diet. burning brush..........I got lots:(
I wouldn't be here w/out my oldtimers. I took a couple things from, 14? people
add research, shake. pour out some good bs:) is my 2nd yr.
i am starting next years, soon. i want 15', not 9' ish. have to have goals

im in maine. very clayey here too. acidic . shallow, good for regen
throw out plants into grass, they are growing, pretty funny.
wait, those don't count right?
6813farmfreshshit

I am likeing giving them what they need daily, and only.
they simply don't all want/need the same. some only wanted water today....
my small stuff, 7gal or less. NOTHING, maybe leftover rinse out water. my compost soil is good for full term.

IMO
thanks,

surrealife

surrealife

ok, I was wrong. they all needed Epsom, the small ones too.
anyone use Calcinit? seems like large girls, like some extra Mg with dinner.
can knock Cal and Nitrogen out at once, thinking they want less
I am watching all the Cal and SO4

Tacoman77

Tacoman77

Kelp Meal

Personally, I love kelp meal...stuff is loaded with everything, including Calcium (1.904%) and Magnesium (0.213%). My concern with epsom salts is that I've read that, like any salts, it will liquidate the soil's microlife.
What if that's what you want?

Jaystr0

Jaystr0

epsom salts is magnesium sulphate, not magnesium and calcium.

the Cal-mag supplements are really way over priced IMO.

You can easily use Dolomite lime which is essentially calcium and magnesium, but you'll need to use the finest grade available. It breaks down relatively slowly and is not immediately available to the plants. Works excellent for gaden beds, but not as well for containergardening for short lived plants.

For immediate correction of a magnesium defieciency, use Epsom salts
"Magnesium sulfate is a chemical compound containing magnesium and sulfate, with the formula MgSO4. In its hydrated form the pH is 6.0 (5.5 to 7.0). It is often encountered as the heptahydrate, MgSO4·7H2O, commonly called Epsom salt."

For immediate correction of (the more rare) calcium deficiency use calcium peroxide.

Most chemical fertilizers supply ample Mg and Ca, although some companies sell a Cal-Mag solution separately to extract more money out of your pockets.

The vast majority of Mg deficiencies you seen on these forums is due to too low of a pH, which causes the Mg to be locked out and thus unavailable to the plant, resulting in a deficiency

Cannabis does however require a vast amount of Mg compared to other plants, so it's not a bad idea to add some epsom salts to your water every now and then.. especially if your leaves start to grow thin and ridged with a lime green colour as opposed to a darker shade.

-Chimera
I can see new growers everywhere pouring a half bag of Epsom salts in their feed water to “correct” the lime green color of new growth! 😂😂😂 Just brings me back to the days where I knew even less than I know now. Good times 🤙🏼

Top Bottom