Establishing the Best UC Room Configuration

• Thread starter MaryJaneNorCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MaryJaneNorCal

Room size is 10x13. 5kw total light
All other variables accounted for. Sealed, A/C, co2, chilled, etc.

Which configuration would you run and why based upon room size?
Which would have the best quality/yield?

(1)UCE12XL13

or

(2)UC8XL13's

I would think that the more plants equates to more plant mass, thus more bud?

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Double 8XLs so you can have more variety, potential to be perpetual, higher yield and better fits the space.

F

FatFreddysKat

I like the idea of the 2 8's , as stated because it allows you to run to different strains avoiding issues if their feeding patterns are different, you would also have the ability to run 1 ahead of the other in a perpetual, or split the existing room again for 2 rooms, and if you change spaces or gain an additional, or want to change just your plant center spacing, you could move them around , and the extra 4 buckets you'd gain with the 2 8XL's will yield that much more for you.......Im not picturing the light layout though, maybe in a row down the 13' length , but that would only work for the 12XL system basically using a light per 2 buckets with an additional light needed, and the 2 8XL systems I would run 8 1k's .

M

MaryJaneNorCal

I like your idea and it looks like i will be going with the 2 8xls.

But for the time being i have the following options via light layout due to 15k btu A/C.

I can run 4 1k bulbs vert.

If i run vert for lighting i can also run my vertical setup of 40 plants around the perimeter.

or i could run 4 1ks in hoods with 2 hanging vert. The walls would only be receiving 2 k of direct light.

or i can run 6 1ks in hoods over the ucs and not utilize the wall.

What would be best utilized?

U

UCtestn

instinct tells me 6 1K horizontals over the UC

If I was looking for variety, I may consider using the wall since the wall would be used, but for simplicity... skip the wall.

M

MaryJaneNorCal

Uctestin: yea that's my thought as well. Figured I could go with more variety.
Simplicity sounds like the best avenue.

Globel: ceiling height is 12 feet.

Would be nice to run the wall since it has been built already. But if the wall is ran it would only get 4k of direct light or 2k with 4 hoods for the uc's

Top Bottom