Estimate electricity cost for UK growers

• Thread starter forknowledge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forknowledge

forknowledge

So Im planning out a larger grow room where Ill be using 4 X 600W & Ive been going back & forth on the cost of electricity for only the HPS lights. I understand that the primary factor would depend on the electricity supplier so Id like to ask the UK growers what is the approximate cost for your HPS lights?

Please state the number of lights the cost is calculated on, the wattage of each bulb & duration in months or quarterly etc.

S

s4m

hello forknowledge and folks!.

Logic please delete link if not allowed?.

I dont like the site!.

But it is a handy grow room tool.

http://www.uk420.com/growroomtools2.php

Input details and calculate, it looks as if it has not calculated but its just faint text!.

hope this helps?.

s4m

forknowledge

forknowledge

Thanks s4m but Id like for growers to simply state there approximate electricity cost just to compare the difference.

dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
this might help too

this might help to..and its not far off give or take £20 depend how much you pay for your electric

electric_20_28Medium_29.JPG

dayday

JH420

JH420

Don't forget to factor in accessories...an AC and fans etc for a 2400w room can be another 1000-2000w...air-cooled lamps can save ya about 1000w.

forknowledge

forknowledge

this might help to..and its not far off give or take £20 depend how much you pay for your electric

electric_20_28Medium_29.JPG

dayday

Thats just the estimation I was after thanks day day.
If anyone would like to post figures of there bills please do so.

N

nog

it would cost a fortune with gas lights, you'd have to set up a direct debit, but it would still be f a compared to the price of good weed. dont worry about it the more lecky you use the bigger your buds.

J

john25

ive been considering using 8x600w lights in an industrial unit.ive been told that this wont look suspicious as industrial units usually have high power usage, but im not sure what sort of power 8 lights would use. i was wondering if anyone in the uk has experience of growing in industrial premises.also the electric will be paid for & not fiddled, cheers.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
OK, I am in UK. I use OVO energy who are really cheap. 8.4p kwh. And gas 2.8p kwh.

Anyway, I have 2 x 600w digis with superlumens turned on 12/12 - btw I plugged this into an electricity metre and it used 19kwh in 24 hours. This included the timer and contactor.

In this room I have an isox 150 6" intake, an RVK 6 " Turbo extract and 18" oscillator these are on 24/7.

I also have a 400w digi room with superlumens on 12/12. Another 6inch RVK extract and 18" Oscillator on 24/7.

Also an 8strip T5 thats 440w running 18/6 with RVK100 extract / TD100 intake and two 4 inch PC fans and heated prop running 24/7.

And a tent with just a TD100 fan and a couple of computer fans.

Then there is the household stuff. 2 PC's, 42 inch plasma, dishwasher, washingmachine, lights, flatmates, mrs, yadi yada.....

And last months bill was £62 for elec. Not too bad huh!

B

biggs

OK, I am in UK. I use OVO energy who are really cheap. 8.4p kwh. And gas 2.8p kwh.

Anyway, I have 2 x 600w digis with superlumens turned on 12/12 - btw I plugged this into an electricity metre and it used 19kwh in 24 hours. This included the timer and contactor.

In this room I have an isox 150 6" intake, an RVK 6 " Turbo extract and 18" oscillator these are on 24/7.

I also have a 400w digi room with superlumens on 12/12. Another 6inch RVK extract and 18" Oscillator on 24/7.

Also an 8strip T5 thats 440w running 18/6 with RVK100 extract / TD100 intake and two 4 inch PC fans and heated prop running 24/7.

Then there is the household stuff. 2 PC's, 42 inch plasma, dishwasher, washingmachine, lights, flatmates, mrs, yadi yada.....

wow, that is cheap mate. think i'll look into OVO energy then.

forknowledge

forknowledge

WOW Thats the cheapest bill for a grow op ive ever heard I need to make the switch ASAP thanks for the recommendation. Any other advice...? lol

Top Bottom