estimation of numbers of workers needed

• Thread starter Melange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Melange

Hi all

Opportunity might have arisen for me to grow CBD in my greenhouses and outside in my fields, I need to start preparing the numbers for next year and see if I can raise money for greenhouse expansions.

The main questions I have is regarding the expected number of workers for greenhouse vs open field work. I have 8000m2 greenhouses, I will probably just fit the current setup with coco slabs with about 12k plants and do about 1 hectare outdoors as an experiment. How many workers am I expected to need for that?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im thinking least employees outdoors,green house running coco a lot of care for them just saying,outdoors you could flood and the harvest with tractor work,then trucks for silo and such ,that is a harvest swing though,if you irragate your talking a few folks to stuff pipe hose in canal and then take back out,this is just asuming your gonna let them go buck wild,if you pamper be more help,the help would be less if you get your soil right before planting,doesnt matter what crop it all starts right there for great harvest far a green house goes what is your plan for height and air flow,i sure wouldnt do them in coco and grow the same as medicinal ,even on drips it still a ton of work and competion out there could put you in the hole,just my opinion

M

Melange

Not sure what you mean with more work with coco, if you don't use coco you have to remove weeds by hand every day and the yields are significant less as you will have a much higher fail rate through soil borne diseases.

The question is: how much cultivation is necessary? I get it that growing outdoors requires weeding and I know sort of how much I will need to do in that area but I haven't done any commercial scale cannabis growing so I am blank when it comes to actual number of minutes per plant per week.

Top Bottom