Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thcsmoker

thcsmoker

Hello dear Forum✌🖐e🖖

I have 2 Ethno Cookie Babies
:love:
that are somehow struggling, and i dont really know whats the Problem. I use a 600w grow spec. light have the right air outtake, run it all day/night long.
Have 2x 19 Litre Pots and a reservoir pot, a Pump that recircles the water. And i've attached a hobo waterchiller which is circling constantly to 20~ degrees.

EC: is 1.4 and 2.1 with starting EC 0.7 = canna aqua series with root booster, ryzo and cannazym. Water had for some reason after waterchange a starting amount of 0.2 + i added 40ml. (60 would be described) calmag to 30 liters water which did let me end at an EC of 0.7.

The're aprox. 1 Month old cuttings which were mainfoldet to 8 stems.

Hope someone can help

thcsmoker

thcsmoker

These Pics are from the 26th after a Waterchange
from there the PH dropped mysteriously

(after that pics i also added another 15ml of nutrient) which were 140ml. at 30Liters of Water as described

20210326 235857
20210326 235900
20210326 235911
Last edited:
thcsmoker

thcsmoker

what i did now is i reduced the EC by 0.1 by adding Water, added another 10ml. of calmag (which were only 40 ml. instead of the adviced 60ml.)-so there are 50ml. in it now
And for sure i immediately regulated back the PH to 5.8 which dropped to 4.9 for some mysterious Reason. (which i think could be the only reason for the plant to colourchange and struggle.. as you can see 🙁 )

I hope someone has an Idea, a solution or just some input on that case

Kind Regards and may the Hemp be with you

thcsmoker

thcsmoker

which made me act immediately dropping the EC is the Leaf on the left on that pic

20210328 224729
thcsmoker

thcsmoker

and do you think it would be to early switching to flower in about a week?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I have never done RDWC before, so I don't know exactly what is going on with the PH swing down. What I do notice is you defoliated about 60-70% of all the leaves. I have read horticulture studies that advise to never defoliate more that 25% at a time. That might or might not be related to the issues you are having. But a heavy defoliation can stress the plant too much.

thcsmoker

thcsmoker

So i'll definately wait a bit to let them recover.. before switching to flower
This PH drop thin is strange in my opinion too - is thefirst time the PH drops, since it had always been raising
thanks for your input..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

So i'll definately wait a bit to let them recover.. before switching to flower
This PH drop thin is strange in my opinion too - is thefirst time the PH drops, since it had always been raising
thanks for your input..

No problem, yea I heard the PH is suppose to naturally rise over time. If its dropping, it could be a problem with the water not being alkaline enough from the start. The alkalinity helps buffer the PH so it doesn't have huge swings either way.

It seems like you had a decent amount of alkalinity at ,7 EC. The only other thing I could thing of would be a bacteria or root rot problem. Maybe use some H202 in the system to clean it?

thcsmoker

thcsmoker

EC 0.7 was after the adding of calmag i started at 0.2 which should normally have been 0.0 because i filter the water - must have been a few residues of nutrient from the waterchange i think
alkaline what would this be?

I now added more Water to lower the EC even more because this leaf which shows nutrient problemswas getting worse - can tomorrow show a picture
so the EC is now at 1.9 with an starting of 0.7 and the 0.2 i think could be nutrient residues (of the waterchange)so it may be a starting of 0.5 this would make it 1.4 EC of Nutrient which maybe correct and it was slightly to high i think.
u can also see this nutrient problem on 1 leaf on the pictures i posted before

Last edited:
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

EC 0.7 was after the adding of calmag i started at 0.2 which should normally have been 0.0 because i filter the water - must have been a few residues of nutrient from the waterchange i think
alkaline what would this be?

Its kinda long to explain, you can google it easlily. If you added cal/mg to the water it should be fine. So that probably won't be the issue.

Did you check if the water smells weird or if you are possibly getting root rot? I think that could drop the PH.

thcsmoker

thcsmoker

no is smelling good i hold it at 20C°, roots are Ok - not the prettiest but allright can later post a pic

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

no is smelling good i hold it at 20C°, roots are Ok - not the prettiest but allright can later post a pic

How are things coming along?

Yea I think the plants look great, let them fill in I would not defoliate anymore for now. Maybe one more time just after flip but just for the bottom 1/4 of the plant or so.

thcsmoker

thcsmoker

I flipped today .. Do you think i should give them a few More days?

Regards

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I flipped today .. you think i should give them a few More days?

Regards

It really depends on space, but they look big enough to flip. They will grow another 50-200% depending on the strain.

How is the pH fluctuations doing?

thcsmoker

thcsmoker

It got better for unkown Reason..
Its Ethos Cookies 😁, and its a 1x1m Tent

thcsmoker

thcsmoker

Im Not really Sure about These litle ones..
If i should take it

20210406 020111
20210406 020115
20210406 020104
20210406 020100

Latest posts

Top Bottom