Ethos Roze Cookies 27"x 27" Grow

• Thread starter Habosabin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Habosabin

Habosabin

Ok and what about distance? How far from the canopy is it? Does dimming affect light penetration? I figured I could get similar results running it dimmed and closer to the canopy instead of full blast at (wutever the recommended height). I wanna know who else may do this and wut kind of results they get. Gram per watt? I wanna dial this thing in…
I set my light at like 18" and then I turn it to match at particular DLI like 40. My light eventually can't go up so it may get lower than 18.

I think a higher light with equal par at the canapy to a lower light has more penetrating power. Maybe based on the power of halving relative to distance.

I try and have a level canopy to utilize the canopy area in the maximum zone.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I set my light at like 18" and then I turn it to match at particular DLI like 40. My light eventually can't go up so it may get lower than 18.

I think a higher light with equal par at the canapy to a lower light has more penetrating power. Maybe based on the power of halving relative to distance.

I try and have a level canopy to utilize the canopy area in the maximum zone.
Ya I need it familiarize myself more with DLI so I can dial in my lights but I know I have more than enough tho. 2x8 1/2ft closet with 2x 240watt qb and 1x 300 watt Mars fc-3000. I replaced my 150 watt viparspectra with the Mars and kept running the 150watt my plant was originally receiving but next run I’m gonna push this thing to see the results I can get. I’ll be running co2 the first few weeks of flower so that’s when I’ll be pushing high light intensity. I’ll also be growing bigger plants one per light so that’s 3 big ones under a potential 780watts of light.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Ya I need it familiarize myself more with DLI so I can dial in my lights but I know I have more than enough tho. 2x8 1/2ft closet with 2x 240watt qb and 1x 300 watt Mars fc-3000. I replaced my 150 watt viparspectra with the Mars and kept running the 150watt my plant was originally receiving but next run I’m gonna push this thing to see the results I can get. I’ll be running co2 the first few weeks of flower so that’s when I’ll be pushing high light intensity. I’ll also be growing bigger plants one per light so that’s 3 big ones under a potential 780watts of light.

Sounds awesome. I'm limited in my setup so I just try and maximize one plant. I only have 11 seeds right now but that's like 3 years of grows for me. Lol.

DLI is just total light received in a day measured in moles. I think. So 12 hr cycles need extra juice to match or exceed the veg cycle.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

That’s wut I’ve heard at what distance? Coco for cannabis.com I believe had it tested at 18inches? 50% and it was giving readings of around 600 across the board. Thought about running it dimmed and just closer to the canopy. Anyone run their LEDs dimmed thru the whole grow? I want to know there techniques if so….

I'm on day 3 of flower and it is about 20-24" above canopy at 70-75%. I am gonna increase throughout flower, I might max out at 90-100% for a couple weeks then drop it back down the final 2 weeks. Not exactly sure yet, it depends how the plants respond.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I don't see any problems, might be hard to remove the runoff from inside the buckets. Unless you have a plan already to pump it out.

How big is the cube and bucket? 6" cube and 8 gallon bucket?

Habosabin

Habosabin

I don't see any problems, might be hard to remove the runoff from inside the buckets. Unless you have a plan already to pump it out.

How big is the cube and bucket? 6" cube and 8 gallon bucket?
I have a battery powered pump I use when I mix my nutrients. I think it's a 7 gallons tote. It's a half mama cube. 8x8x4". This is larger than a 6" cube which I used in my last grow. Hopefully the automatic feeding will avoid the lockout I had before, I just want to grow a harvest that doesn't have issues. Every one of my grows has issues. I learn something every grow.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I have a battery powered pump I use when I mix my nutrients. I think it's a 7 gallons tote. It's a half mama cube. 8x8x4". This is larger than a 6" cube which I used in my last grow. Hopefully the automatic feeding will avoid the lockout I had before, I just want to grow a harvest that doesn't have issues. Every one of my grows has issues. I learn something every grow.

Yea I feel ya, hard to have a grow without any issues, what's important is being able to correct it quickly. Are you gonna start a diary on the new grow?

Habosabin

Habosabin

Yea I feel ya, hard to have a grow without any issues, what's important is being able to correct it quickly. Are you gonna start a diary on the new grow?
Yeah. I'll start a thread on it when I get going. I'll post the tent and MacGyver humidity setup. I think I will try and mainline the cresendo and start off low and wide and then try and get a good taller canopy going and goal will be 12 Oz. (Gotta set the goal high. 😊)Hopefully the auto feed will be faster growth than hand water.

I still have to cut my tent and make some ducting for the humidifier.

Expect the diary in September.

Habosabin

Habosabin

That's one of the reasons I use rock wool. Any problems and I just remix my nutes as long as my ph is in control. I'm gonna run the pumps for enough run off to minimize or eliminate the salt build up

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

That's one of the reasons I use rock wool. Any problems and I just remix my nutes as long as my ph is in control. I'm gonna run the pumps for enough run off to minimize or eliminate the salt build up

I haven't used rockwool (except for clones) but I plan to in the future. It's a clean set up with great growth.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I am starting on my top drip tote. How's does this look. Does anyone see any foreseeable problems with this design?
the only problem i see with that is when the roots grow out of it and go into the holes which will evenly plug up.

Habosabin

Habosabin

the only problem i see with that is when the roots grow out of it and go into the holes which will evenly plug up.
Also I raised the blocks on some chopsticks to give it a little more clearance to drain the block. I think when it was flat on the tote lid the block held to much water drowning my early sprouts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom