• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
They use that strain in a lot of hybrid knock offs, how does it yield?

Like a good cut of OG.
This was 8(ish) weeks.
IMG 20210111 181055754 HDR4

That plant is ten weeks into flower now, and should have been harvested a week ago.

sshz

sshz

Regarding the contest, I will do a summary of all the guesses every couple days posted in the thread. If you don't hear fro me, you number was accepted. I will only contact those whose number is a duplicate..........

sshz

sshz

I was asked by someone how long to expect the Gavita's to last, at least how long before they should be replaced......... On the Gavita website, i can't find any "useful life" hours listed. I thought I've seen it before, now I can't find it. So I went to GrowersHouse, where I bought them and they estimate between 20k and 30k hours, a pretty big spread if you ask me.

This was one of the key selling points when I bought them....... copied from growersHouse:

" The Gavita Pro 1700e LED uses over 3,300 diodes while the next closest brand uses slightly over 2,200 diodes. Gavita Pro 1700e LED grow light drivers are set to run at very low milliamps to assure less color shift and longer diode life. We estimate that Gavita Pro 1700e LED fixtures will last 20,000 to 30,000 hours."

So with that, now the math...............

1. Every 12 months (4 crops approx.): 4 crops X 18 hours veg X 30 days veg period= 2160 hours

2. Every 12 months : 4 crops X 12 hours flower X 70 days flower period = 3360 hours

So each year, the approx. "on" time is about 5520 hours. 4 years would be 22,080 and 5 years 27,600. I think we can expect the LED's to last between 4-5 years and still be effective. At some point I'll buy a meter and test the light loss.

It's also important to think about the improvements in technology over time and what you are losing yield wise by using an outdated LED vs. what is available in a few years. Actually, it may make sense to use these about 2 years, sell them to recoup much of your initial outlay, and then buy the newest and best available at that time.

Make sense????? And of course commercials growers may replace quicker than hobby growers.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Also saw this while combing thru the Gavita site..........

“HOW MUCH YIELD CAN I GET FROM THE GAVITA PRO 1700E?
The Gavita Pro 1700e LED grow light is extremely efficient at 2.7 umol/J. This means that with it's 645w of LED power the average grower can expect to yield approximately 1.3 - 2 lbs (590 - 900 grams) of dried plant matter.“

I think they better revise their numbers........ lol lol

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also saw this while combing thru the Gavita site..........

“HOW MUCH YIELD CAN I GET FROM THE GAVITA PRO 1700E?
The Gavita Pro 1700e LED grow light is extremely efficient at 2.7 umol/J. This means that with it's 645w of LED power the average grower can expect to yield approximately 1.3 - 2 lbs (590 - 900 grams) of dried plant matter.“

I think they better revise their numbers........ lol lol
Isn't that kinda of refreshing though? I like it. Many other claiming so much and don't even come close then you have these that are grossly under... I love it.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

GUMMY REPORT

HOWDY FOLKS, good evening. People round here know me as BellumRomanum, BR, Bells...etc. But on this here thread you can call me contest winner Bellum thankyouverymuch.

Mr @sshz was kind enough to provide me with a prize package in a compensatory fashion according to my brilliant predictive skills on the Sweet Zombie crop. NOT A BIG DEAL FOLKS. I wake up and put my pants on one leg at a time just like you guys.

Anyways Mr. Quiet dude sent some goodies along with that deserve a report. I ate all the gummies already. They're effin good.

First night after receiving my winner's loot my wife and I went in on the gummy. Four were included, two smaller and two larger. We ate the smaller two the first night, one each.

Great taste and consistency, you nailed the recipe man. My wife wants our next batch to be grape now. About 40 minutes to an hour in I felt a nice cloudy fog settle in around my head and wrap all the dabs I'd fed my brain with a warm hug. Chilled out, munched too much, fucked my wife. It was neat. 10/10.

Last night we ate the large ones. They were slower coming on, maybe because of having food in my stomach or something of that nature. Ionno. About two hours in my wife asked me if I was high and I started feeling a little hollow feeling in my ears, I told her I was starting to get there...

Can't really tell you too much after that. I don't remember going to bed and my wife got the best night of sleep she's gotten in weeks. Apparently we didn't finish our episode of Man in the High Castle last night either (that never happens) as we had a half hour left to watch tonight when I opened the program back up.

I would say very neat. 11/10 would eat again.

Also included in the package is one of the most unique smelling balls of hash I've ever had in my possesion. I don't know how to describe the smell...sweet, borderline putrid with almost a chemical cleaner note to it. Super excited to smoke this but I'm not decided on how.

Was thinking I could record a session of hash under glass to post here but I also get the feeling people would rather just see me shove a big chunk in my bong and choke myself out with it. Taking requests.

sshz

sshz

Another gummie success story. Honestly, I don't do the large ones I sent you. I save them for my daughter and her partner, who like them stronger than I do. Grape flavor has become an instant favorite, everyone loves the grapey taste with a bit of sour and "resin" after taste.

If it was me, I would have gobbled up the hash ball first. I too love hash and the ball you have is a straight off scissor scrape, just what the doctor ordered. From my smoking, I had a doctors teleconference today as my chest has been bothering me mightily. He wants me to get a flu test, but with no temperature or other symptoms, we're waiting til Thursday to see if the antibiotic and steroids make a difference. I don't feel bad mind you, just a heavyness in the chest and with my asthma, I don't like to screw around.

So now you know why I stopped selling the gummies....... once people try them, they prefer them to smoking. It was interferring with my pot sales. I'll gift them out ocassionally, but you better catch me in a good mood.

Last edited:
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Another gummie success story. Honestly, I don't do the large ones I sent you. I save them for my daughter and her partner, who like them stronger than I do. Grape flavor has become an instant favorite, everyone loves the grapey taste with a bit of sour and "resin" after taste.

If it was me, I would have gobbled up the hash ball first. I too love hash and the ball you have is a straight off scissor scrape, just what the doctor ordered. From my smoking, I had a doctors teleconference today as my chest has been bothering me mightily. He wants me to get a flu test, but with no temperature or other symptoms, we're waiting til Thursday to see if the antibiotic and steroids make a difference. Don't feel bad mind you, just a heavyness in the chest and with my asthma, I don't like to screw around.

So now you know why I stopped selling the gummies....... once people try them, they prefer them to smoking. It was interferring with my pot sales. I'll gift them out ocassionally, but you better catch me in a good mood.
I'm glad I caught you in a good mood brother, thanks for the treats I enjoyed the shit out of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom