Even water level rdwc/uc system help.

• Thread starter Nuggz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nuggz420

Nuggz420

Hello newbie to the group here. I'm Struggling to get a even level across all 4 of my pots they are xl oxy pots and a head unit connected via 50mm id diameter pipes. Return pump is 25mm id hose to a newa jet 8000. My nearest pot fills higher then farthest by say 5 inch. I'm thinking either my connected 50mm pipe is too small or my Return pump is overpowered. A 25mm id inline valve is on order too slow the Return feed to the pump to see if I could find the "happy medium". Other then shimming pots up. Any ideas?, anything I'm overlooking. my first design and the physics Is making me scratch my head. Any more information I could give please let me know. Thanks nuggz

highletter

highletter

I had to level 6 buckets of RDWC as well. I simply bought a couple of wood panels from home depot and put them under the buckets. I don't see any other options

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello newbie to the group here. I'm Struggling to get a even level across all 4 of my pots they are xl oxy pots and a head unit connected via 50mm id diameter pipes. Return pump is 25mm id hose to a newa jet 8000. My nearest pot fills higher then farthest by say 5 inch. I'm thinking either my connected 50mm pipe is too small or my Return pump is overpowered. A 25mm id inline valve is on order too slow the Return feed to the pump to see if I could find the "happy medium". Other then shimming pots up. Any ideas?, anything I'm overlooking. my first design and the physics Is making me scratch my head. Any more information I could give please let me know. Thanks nuggz
You are absolutely right pump is to big for the return lines.

Nuggz420

Nuggz420

You are absolutely right pump is to big for the return lines.
Yeah I often over spec things all running smoothly now aqua thanks. Hooked ph dosing controller up brilliant system now, very easy to keep dialed in. Nuggz

Nuggz420

Nuggz420

Aqua man. I have one for you. My starting e.c of my water before I add nutes is 0.6. Some strains show cal mag deficiency but others could show toxicity. I know that's strain dependant on how much is needed. But I'm on a mother hunt at the moment, until I find a keeper to Dial in. Would it be worth changing my supply reservoir to reverse osmosis water instead. Then is it a case of adding calmag until say .4 ec or any other suggestions of ec. I use the canna range of nutrients. I want to make the leap but I'm so used to my hard water I don't know what benefits are to be had other than my calmag issues. Thanks nuggz.

Latest posts

Top Bottom