Event Horizan Needs Help? Inline Filter?

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So some of you may know me.. I got a question. Ive been running a recirculating 8 bucket waterfarm for a year now. But yesterday i bought a chiller, and I decided to build a reg undercurrent system. But for some ignorant reason I need my hand held on 2 things... Most of you prob know I do my own homework, and am successful at what I do. But in this one situation I need some advice and direction.

So 2 things..

1. What inline filter do I need? A link to an exact one would be love!!!
2. Where do I hook the chiller into the system at?
My research led me to believe that I hook output of pump to inlet of chiller, the output to control bucket.

DR.GT

DR.GT

Google " undercurrent inline filter" and it's the first thing to pop up.. Also it goes right after your last set of buckets before any pumps, Chiller or lines.. its purpose is to keep roots and debris from making it to your equipment. Hope that helps..

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Just a thought

You might be able to use a regular filter housing and filters readily available at HD/Lowes etc. Primary use is incoming water or filter system in the kitchen. If you can adapt it, filters will be cheap as hell

hth

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Google " undercurrent inline filter" and it's the first thing to pop up.. Also it goes right after your last set of buckets before any pumps, Chiller or lines.. its purpose is to keep roots and debris from making it to your equipment. Hope that helps..
Thanks brother! I ended up finding one... I think this should be fine????
But thanks for the heads up putting undercurrent before my searches. That brings up relevant stuff. It was bringing up carbon filters and such. What idiot would get that confused?
  • Raindrip R605DT "Y" Filter and Fertilizer Applicator, 3/4-Inch

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

lmao.my bad.gt is right on the filter..i was must of skim read it thing filter/fan combo
Um, ya,, my bad ^^^^^
fan filter rdwc... all the same eh?
lmao...
Bro I set you up for that..
hahaha
love me long time :)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Just a thought

You might be able to use a regular filter housing and filters readily available at HD/Lowes etc. Primary use is incoming water or filter system in the kitchen. If you can adapt it, filters will be cheap as hell

hth
sediment filter for undercurrent system. I have ro water filtration system.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You running an undercurrent system? I have had good success with my waterfarm, but I wanted to add a chiller, and better flow for nute and ph adjusting. So I got the chiller now, and waiting on my uniseals to put it together. Im gonna just use 5 gal buckets and 2" pvc. I hope to score me 8 used uc13 grow modules in the future.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Reusing my hydroton for a 3rd time. I want to make sure its cleaned and sterile of any pithium. What should I soak it in? H202? How many tsp to gals? How long should I soak?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Reusing my hydroton for a 3rd time. I want to make sure its cleaned and sterile of any pithium. What should I soak it in? H202? How many tsp to gals? How long should I soak?
Well I just filled up the tub and thru a whole bottle of h202 in it.. Its cheap.. cleaned my whole system... I do the hydroton in a garbage can

snoopytime

snoopytime

http://www.physan.com/

will kill everything

DONT get it on you

After it rinses off its harmless . . its not like radioactive, once its diluted enough you can swim in it . . Really . . read the directions.

Also it biodegrades into nitrogen thats usable by the plant in around 7 days . . Ive spoken to the owner more than once.

dan1989

dan1989

I thought you said you were only gonna ask for advice just one time? ;)
Lol how you doing Event?

JMcG

JMcG

I have no filter in my UC. Multiple runs over 18 months and never have had a reason for one.
My pellets are going on eight years old... I soak them in a wheelbarrow with a cap or two full of bleach for half an hour or so and then rinse REALLY WELL. Seems to work fine for me. And I haven't paid a penny for medium in ... well, ...eight years!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have no filter in my UC. Multiple runs over 18 months and never have had a reason for one.
My pellets are going on eight years old... I soak them in a wheelbarrow with a cap or two full of bleach for half an hour or so and then rinse REALLY WELL. Seems to work fine for me. And I haven't paid a penny for medium in ... well, ...eight years!
you just rinse with fresh water out the hose? do you run sterile or live res? Im running a live res. Im concerned that I might not get all bleach out and it will leach out and kill my beenies.

JMcG

JMcG

For my UC I keep it sterile. I used them for RDWC to in a ...ummm... less than sterile environment, and never had a problem. I use minimal bleach though. I never thought of using hydro peroxide... probably a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom