Everything was going well, untill...

• Thread starter Hamilton44
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hamilton44

Hamilton44

Hello everyone

Everything is going fine on my first grow until I saw this today. Does anyone know what this is?

I have it in a room in my house so it's in "open air".

I have ordered a tent but it will not be here for another two weeks. Help is appreciated :)

Everything was going well untill
Hamilton44

Hamilton44

Edit: I have sprayed a little water to get the humidity up, could it be that a droplet has burnt it? I am using an combined MH/HPS..

Hamilton44

Hamilton44

Thanks, here it is:
I discovered that there were some banaflies in the room.

20200428 205934
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
It’s a possibility it that type of burn but I wouldn’t worry to much you said your using combination of MH Hps lights together ?

Hamilton44

Hamilton44

I am not a pro, but I think it's a bulb with both MH and HPS:
Thanks for the help you been giving me, wish I could give you something in return. Where I live I have to be super low key, the country i live in (Scandinavian one) views marijuana users like homeless heroin addicts.... I'll post my full setup when I get the rest.

20200428 215253
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I am not a pro, but I think it's a bulb with both MH and HPS:
Thanks for the help you been giving me, wish I could give you something in return. Where I live I have to be super low key, the country i live in (Scandinavian one) views marijuana users like homeless heroin addicts.... I'll post my full setup when I get the rest.
not seen a combo tube before mmmm , I hear you mate we will help you and I know how low key I’m in Australia so in same boat as yourself .

Hamilton44

Hamilton44

It's some salt/minerals/nutrients from the water bucket I used. Had some old fertilizer and dirt in a bucket so I guess it's just from that.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

And...stop feeding...and go get another bulb...either hps or mh.

Plants growing under combo needs a much more detailed feeding....unless the genetics can tolerate the spectrums and the call to feed.
Metal halide calls for nitogen...veg stage.
Hps calls for phosphorus potassium..etc ..flower stage.

Ya feel me? :)

Hamilton44

Hamilton44

I read you loud and clear sir, thanks a lot. I will be buying a Lumatek Zeus 600w after this grow.

Vaqueros Verde

Vaqueros Verde

I wouldn't ditch the light. Just make sure it's not to close to those youngsters. If you have problems, odds are it's either pest, water, medium and or fertilizer related.
I use hps start to finish, some us mh start to finish, some will swap mh to hps and now we have LED plus others. Each to his own.
The light you have is the best of two worlds.

Quick Google:
Yes, this type of system has been used for decades and gets great results, bigger yields, and tends to be easier to maintain than just about any other grow light system for growing marijuana. That’s why the MH/HPS combo is often referred to as the “golden standard” grow lights for growing cannabis.

Happy growing. ✌

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Google? Really?
I wouldn't make any decision based on Google.

Google is a search engine.
That's like taking advice from junk mail brochures.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Google? Really?
I wouldn't make any decision based on Google.

Google is a search engine.
That's like taking advice from junk mail brochures.
I found this place using Google lol LOVE IT. I used this place to figure out which lights to buy, what I needed to say...Fk growing all my shite outside where anyone can see and steal etc 😁 found a friend to help me along the way...hahaha I think Google is probably one of the top 10 things I can't live without nowadays! 🤘

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If it is the bulb that I am thinking of, it is actually a fairly high quality bulb that combines HPS and MH in one enclosure. Maybe Hortilux makes it... I was considering one but the cost was pretty high. Unless I'm not seeing what I think I am... my monitor is kinda lousy.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I've never seen a bulb like that can you run both lights at same time? Or just one or the other?I thought they used different gas.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've never seen a bulb like that can you run both lights at same time? Or just one or the other?I thought they used different gas.
The one that I saw had both an actual MH AND a HPS arc tube mounted end to end. I"m not sure if it can be run individually or if both have to be on at the same time. I guess the idea is to give the best of both bulb types... the blue spectrum from the MH and the red spectrum from the HPS. Here is a link:

It looks pretty good but I haven't done too much research. I think it's a great idea, although LEDs have fille in the gap quite a bit.

Top Bottom