EXAMPLES OF BRO SCIENCE that you've tried?? Did it work or not?

• Thread starter iLoveCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iLoveCannabis

Does anyone have any examples of "bro-science" that they've used that that seemed to work?

Or has anybody debunked any of those myths?

(Bonus) whats the dumbest thing youve ever heard to do? Someone told me to take wire-hangers and "choke" the stalks during drying and it will squeeze the thc further into the buds...

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Ok this could be pretty funny, let's hope it stays that way.

BroScience fact: Adding honey to your roots will make the plant extra sticky.
BroScience fact: Keep your tent closed to make sure terps don't escape and get pushed back into the buds.
BroScience fact: Pee on your plants for extra nutrients.
BroScience fact: PH is a conspiracy to sell you more bottles and probes.
BroScience fact: Playing Bach produces females out of seedlings, Heavy Metal makes males.

I got a few more if anyone wants to play along.

I

iLoveCannabis

BroScience fact: Keep your tent closed to make sure terps don't escape and get pushed back into the buds.
BroScience fact: Playing Bach produces females out of seedlings, Heavy Metal makes males.

I got a few more if anyone wants to play alo

I play classical music... Lol

I play classic

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There was an idiotic rumor I read in High Times, back in the 70s, that said the pine scent of the Colombian Gold of that time was from farmers putting a splinter of pine into the base of each plant.

I never tried it, but you KNOW it's true, bro.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

i still like the thing about hanging the drying plants upside down to drain the THC into the buds
you have to leave the roots on because that where the best thc is stored bro
"You know" that you have to drive a rail road spike into the base of the plant before you hang it upside down roots and all. "Otherwise" the THC won't flow ... it gets "vapor locked."

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

on a serious note tho there is talk of a 48 hours of darkness before chop chop that will increase trichomes but i have never tried it
I've heard that ... even have had people swear that its true ... I've even seen some problems caused by differing views when it comes to 48 hrs of darkness.

Do you know what Dr. Bugbee says on this? 48 hrs of LIGHT (photosynthesis), not darkness will give a better result. Personally, I haven't tried either approach. I also don't harvest in the dark. That's another bro science topic that can generate strong opinions.

I harvest at lights on before there's a chance of heat build-up. I always have indoors.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Does anyone have any examples of "bro-science" that they've used that that seemed to work?

Or has anybody debunked any of those myths?

(Bonus) whats the dumbest thing youve ever heard to do? Someone told me to take wire-hangers and "choke" the stalks during drying and it will squeeze the thc further into the buds...
Besides all the old rumors and the same silly stuff that most of us have heard, at least I studied as much as I could through the 80s before my first grow in '88. I would read every High Times from cover to cover, I bought a few of the classic grow books, and did a bunch of other research.......so I got my ducks in a row as best I could early on. But......I bought one of those "Phototrons" in like, '86. It promised to be this magical self-contained, nearly effortless, work-free unit, with flourescent tubes, surrounded by reflectors, and the claim was that you would grow like 6 plants that you constantly trimmed, like every other node.....almost bonsai plants that would perpetually grow, produce unlimited buds almost all the time.......

Yeah, right. It did none of that. It became a seedling chamber......

Dumb was scraping and smoking resin from metal pipes.......it was probably pure cancer in disgusting black burnt goop form. And the putting a bud inside the pipe chamber to "resinate". Like it would transform it into some super-potent hash bud..........it just made a black, nasty tasting bud.

Saving roaches, taking them apart, rolling new joints with it, saving those roaches, rolling that up, etc, etc...... same concept, by the time you got to the joint made from roaches of roaches of roaches it would be like SOOOOO potent........again, burnt goop and it got so clogged and gooey we couldn't even pull on the joint......

Taking every single leaf off so the light would hit the flowers only.......I've heard that one. Didn't really buy it, it's not rocket science that the leaves are actually needed to soak up the light that the flowers need......

TSD

TSD

Taking every single leaf off so the light would hit the flowers only.......I've heard that one. Didn't really buy it, it's not rocket science that the leaves are actually needed to soak up the light that the flowers need......
Bro... we've seen people here on the farm actually do that, or close to it... then wonder why thier plants are struggling. Like, really brah? 🤣 There's a difference between defoliation for a purpose and just stripping all the leaves... I call that live trimming and do it the day of chop to make harvest easier sometimes. 🤷‍♀️

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Bro... we've seen people here on the farm actually do that, or close to it... then wonder why thier plants are struggling. Like, really brah? 🤣 There's a difference between defoliation for a purpose and just stripping all the leaves... I call that live trimming and do it the day of chop to make harvest easier sometimes. 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, select dead, dying fan leaves......leaves that are shaded or causing more shade than they're worth... ..but all of them? You just took the plant's power away...

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

on a serious note tho there is talk of a 48 hours of darkness before chop chop that will increase trichomes but i have never tried it
its not increase trichomes.
I heard the plant breaks down the sugar only during night time, thats why you let her in darkness for 48 hours before you chop her.
It makes a smoother smoke due to less sugar in the buds.
Im trying it atm. Ask me again in 2 months ;)

Yeah music for my plants, im still not sure if classic or reaggee playlist, or a mix of both mybe :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom