Exctractor Fans HELP

• Thread starter anthony6969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

anthony6969

anyone no where to buy a cheap extractor fan because the ones i have seen are over 100 pound, also how are they wired up do they get a plug with them or do u have to wire them up yourself because on the pics i have seen there are no cables, if i used a bathroom extractor fan can i connect this to a carbon filter and how am i supposed to wire the fan up, because the bathroom fans dont come with plugs either

A

anthony6969

thax an found some bathroom fans for 15 but i still need help on how to wire them up

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you in US or Europe? Duct extending fans in the US can be had for cheap money at Home Depot or Lowes:

These fans (and others not made for the typical consumer) can be wired with an extension cord or a cut off lamp cord if there's only two wires on the fan. Wire nuts and electrical tape required. This is really easy to do, but do a thorough job and wrap all the wires down to the base with electrical tape, burn a bowl down not your house. ;)

yts farmer

yts farmer

what size room do you need to ventalate and what size light are you using?

if you were looking at fans for over 100 pounds some crappy bathroom fans arnt gonna cut the mustard unless your doing a micro grow.even then i dont think they would have enough power to pull through a carbon filter.

best not to skimp on ventilation and take into account if you intend to grow through the summer months you might have to get the next size up,then through the winter months it can be slowed down.

also wiring these fans up is a doddle,if you can wire a plug you can wire a fan.some fans might be double insulated(ie rvk100mm and rvk125mm)which means theres no earth and you only connect the brown and blue wires.on larger size rvk fansyou need to use 3 wires.(brown,blue and earth(yellow and green)

btw im from the uk so i dont no if us fans would be the same.

A

anthony6969

thanx sounds easy,am from uk aswell, am using a 250 hps for flowring in a 1m by 1m by 2m grow tent with 4 plant ak48, since i posted av seen a few on ebay that i might buy

Top Bottom