Exhaust fan connected to dryer exhaust?

• Thread starter Kylep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kylep

If I was to put a Y on my dryer exhaust and hooked my tent exhaust up to it would it possibly blow back down into the dryer??

D

dean1963

If I was to put a Y on my dryer exhaust and hooked my tent exhaust up to it would it possibly blow back down into the dryer??
yup it will, unless you put a flapper on the dryer vent.
but then you have a fire hazard

D

dean1963

the flapper goes before the Y off the dryer if you go that way.
not advised though. can you get a carbon filter and vent into the room?

K

Kylep

the flapper goes before the Y off the dryer if you go that way.
not advised though. can you get a carbon filter and vent into the room?
My plan was to just vent into the room, I’m just worried about it possibly smelling??

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Think of how great would it be for your clothes to have that delicate bouquet of a combination of lemons, sandalwood and underarm stank.

A decent carbon filter works wonders, vented into a room or outside. Have some Ona gel or spray products on hand, for emergencies.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

It's not great to have a constant air flow out of your house. Messes with the HVAC because that make up air has to come from somewhere, so it sucks it in thru all the knooks and crannies in your doors and walls.

A properly sized carbon filter will remove the smell prior to exhausting air. What size is your grow tent / space, and what is the room it is in like?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
It's not great to have a constant air flow out of your house. Messes with the HVAC because that make up air has to come from somewhere, so it sucks it in thru all the knooks and crannies in your doors and walls.

A properly sized carbon filter will remove the smell prior to exhausting air. What size is your grow tent / space, and what is the room it is in like?
This is where I am lucky lol, I don’t run AC in the summer basement doors to the outside stay closed and I vent outside through an independent dryer vent I installed for that purpose only (with a carbon filter) In the winter my basement is freezing cold (well about 55f) and upstairs is solely heated by wood stove, (I have a furnace for mild days but we run wood 24/7 in the winter. Upstairs stays about 76f while the basement is at that 55f great for temp control in the tent in the winter lol (passive intake)

I could also tie into my chimney if I decided to not run the basement wood stove all winter I could just tie in the vent to the wood stove flue

Good chance I’ll disconnect from the outside vent during winter time and let the heat from the tent dump into the basement after being filtered, might as well take advantage of the free heat lol

I would agree do not tie into your drier vent, used for your actual drier

Latest posts

Top Bottom