Exhaust for a 4X8 tent

• Thread starter karolanne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
karolanne

karolanne

Hello Folks,

I'm doing the list of things I have to buy for my installation.

For a 4X8X7 tent, is 4 inches fan and exhaust enough knowing that the tent will be filled half with plants? or I need 6 inches (more expensive than the 8 inches)? Or 8 inches?

The problem with the 8 inches is to find the wall mount duct vent for it. If I have a 8 inches fan, can it exhausts in a 6 inches wall duct vent? Or can a 6 inches fan goes in a 4 inches exhaust?

Thanks.

PS Sorry for my bad English. I hope at least some of you will know what I'm trying to say here.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Most 4" fans move about 190+ cubic feet of air in 1 minute, and your tent is approximately 224 cubic feet of space, so yes, in theory a 4" in-line fan will almost exchange the air in your tent every minute, which is more than enough for what your plants will need 👍

Hokie_fan99

Hokie_fan99

Most 4" fans move about 190+ cubic feet of air in 1 minute, and your tent is approximately 224 cubic feet of space, so yes, in theory a 4" in-line fan will almost exchange the air in your tent every minute, which is more than enough for what your plants will need 👍
Disagree, depending on the set up. If you add a carbon filter you lose around 40% of your CFM, any bend in your duct is another ~20% (not sure specifics). Each flow restriction will knock the CFM down, for a 4x8 I'd recommend at least the 6" if not an 8".

You absolutely can use an 8" fan and a reducer to get down to 6" ducting, but again that's another restriction that will drop CFM (the 8" has way more than needed, so no concern there).

Not sure if the deal is still running but yesterday on amazon I got the 8" AC infinity fan, ducting, and carbon filter for $240

Latest posts

Top Bottom