Experienced Growers what would happen if........

• Thread starter gadgetsmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gadgetsmoke

Experienced Growers what would happen if I'm using the burpee tomato cages with my undercurrent, and bent the main cola down between one of the lower squares?

How would she grow?

Would this be a vertical scrog ( sort of)?

The only reason im considering this is because I have height restrictions in a tent ( 6'7 + magnum xxxl reflectors ) and would still like to grow monster plants without running out of vertical height.

I'm aware of topping, fim, lst etc. I would just like to know what this method may our may not do.

Advanced thanks to all you bad ass farmers

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
this would work well, should act like its topped without losing the main

I tie plants over a lot. You should look into supercropping as well

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

In my experience, most strains respond well to any kind of training- although an indiscriminate hack job can stress them to the point of hermaphrodism (not a word, but you get the point...) I've never hurt a plant by bending or tying down, with the occasional exception of snapping a stem. In the long run, even snapped stems heal and cause extra branching, but IMO it slows down the veg cycle somewhat. LST all the way, to minimize stress and keep those girls in a constant state of vigor. :)

G

gadgetsmoke

Motherlode dont think I'm experienced enough for supercropping, might massacre my ladies......lol

G

gadgetsmoke

Altitude thinking lst, but dont know how I would tie them to the UC

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

I'm having difficulty keeping plants within that ~7' height restriction after scrogging them at 8" above the bucket lid. Good luck with anything less bro.

UClover

UClover

Bigger Doesn't Always Mean Better

Remember your HID lights can only penetrate so far down into the plant canopy...with that said, although CC says you can grow up to an 8ft. tall plant in the UC, you wouldnt want to do this under horizontal lights because you would only get good flowers on the top half.

Scrog, tie, bend, top...whatever floats your boat, but concentrate on growing a fat chunky bush or hedge. This is what performs the best in the UC. IMO

Latest posts

Top Bottom