Experimental Strain - Hybrid G - White Widow (f) x Old School No Name Purple Something (male)

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I thought I'd document what happens with what has happened. For those of you who want to know the full story and why I'm doing this, I'll lay it out. The rest of you? Focus on the pictures lol.

My wife and I were semi-retired. Meaning I didn't have to work a traditional job anymore and was running 300 head of cattle on our 180 acre ranch. Well shit happens (in this case... literally). I paid a GC to come in and upgrade the wiring and plumbing to our home which was wood and built in the 1940s. Less than a month later, that 3700 sq ft home burned to the ground from the center out. We lost everything in the home. Thank God our dogs were in their kennels in the barn at the time. One of them had taken a shit in the middle of the living room before we left. Cleaned it up and out they went. That shit in the middle of the living room saved their lives.

It took 2 months to be cleared of arson. They were hung up on my grow room until I proved they were T-5 Flouros and with only two 4 x 2's powering my legal inside grow room wtf heat? Definitely had it over wired. There was a 30 amp breaker completely dedicated to that room and I wasn't pulling ANYWHERE near enough amps to come close to busting the breaker closed. And they said that there were unknown chemicals on the wall by the breaker box. Well that's where we kept all of our cattle supplies, meds, wormer (5 gallons of it), etc. Finally they isolated the issue to a short on the main line coming into the home. It wasn't grounded properly or something. Sparked, heated up or whatever and burned it up.

We lost everything. A couple years of bud, my seed stock, equipment, nutes, logs from 20+ years, experiments... gone. Had to sue the insurance company. They finally got their asses in gear. The home will be completely rebuilt by September. And the entire farm is for sale. I sold off the cattle, equipment except for 1 tractor and mowing equipment to pay the remaining mortgage off. We bought 15 acres in some deep woods about 50 miles away from the farm. And are just taking it easy, working some tech jobs for long standing clients.

Truth is I didn't want to grow again. After losing 20 some odd years of data, I was pretty bent. All of my familiar gear was ashes. And I just did not want to build it all out again. So my wife pops up with this balsa box filled with seeds. OLD OLD seeds and not stored properly or labeled. It was this thing I had forgotten about. Every time we got into some good bud with a stray seed or 2 back in the day, we'd just drop it into that box. This is back when Marc Emery was selling White Widow, Purple whatever, Jack Herer, etc... the classics.

Well I tried to germinate these seeds. There were a total of 203 of them. And out of those seeds 2 popped. The first was easily recognizable bullshit bag weed. Have no idea why that seed was ever saved. The second was a seedling with a totally deep purple stalk. Well holy shit.

As that plant grew it began to express needle thin leaves... Sativa. And that's when I got excited because Emery's purple plant seeds were sativa. I'm not saying it is his old school genetics. There is absolutely no way to tell. I'm just saying they have similarities.

One of my grower friends that I have known for a long long time gifted me with an old school (his version) of a White Widow clone. There are a lot of different variations of the old school strain now that it's pretty tough to know what you're going to get. At least that's my experience. His strain is the crazy middle thick ass cola like an indica with sativa like branching below that cola. FIM'ing with LST and defoliation on that plant works freaking great. You get big thick mini colas on the lower branch ends and a big ass fat frosty main cola up the middle. Awesome plant for sure.

Well... I grew that male out until the pollen pods started to pop en masse. Cut it off, shook some of the pollen onto wax paper. Folded it and vac sealed it for future use. And then I shook the shit out of that plant over that flowering White Widow's lower branches.

The white widow has been cloned over many times. I have a long term bonsai for a momma plant and numerous others in various stages of growth. Not letting that particular strain go away. It will fill the jars soon enough.

So fast forward to last week. I was carting the WW in for the evening to sit in the dark and had a wtf moment. There was a sprout growing up out of the bag. I mean just shed its seed brand new. And that stalk was freaking dark purple. Holy hell.

So I transplanted it immediately and closely inspected the buds. Sure enough mature seeds EVERYWHERE on those lower 6 nodes. So off they came. I'll get some weak smoke off of it because the bud isn't finished, but I want the seeds. The cool thing is I don't have any seeds from nodes 1 through 8 (top to bottom). I was pretty careful when I pollinated the thing.

This pic is of the first seedling. I've put a few more down as well to see what type of consistency, if any, exists. But this? Fat ass initial leaves like an indica, with a purple stalk. This could be pretty interesting. Who knows. It could be a complete waste of time too. But if I can get the frosty of the WW and the purple color and note, that would be pretty cool.

Experimental strain   hybrid g   white widow f x old school no name purple something male
Experimental strain   hybrid g   white widow f x old school no name purple something male 2
Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You're a good writer. Really sorry to read about the fire....how awful. But thankful the pups are okay.

Experiment looks very interesting! Get some stock out of that dad for sure.

Top Bottom